2015 AFL Draft Combine

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure about Keough, I didn't think he deserved the medal in the state game that's for sure! He's put in some good games over the years but unconvinced he can handle big AFL forwards.

Really like Jansen, he has been absolutely dominating every single week for the doggies, he looks far too good for the SANFL.

Both Jansens (related but different SANFL clubs?) always appear in the bests on a Monday morning

Mature age invitees to the WA combine:
Subiaco’s Shane Yarran is a notable inclusion among 23 WAFL players invited to this year’s State draft combine.

He heads a group of potential draftees to the AFL, including West Perth tall Marcus Adams, Subiaco midfielder Sam Menegola, Claremont trio Francis Watson, Darcy Cameron and Shane McAdam, South Fremantle wingman Marlon Pickett and Swan Districts defender Nathan Broad.
Yarran tested well in his first appearance at a State combine last year, recording a 2.82sec. time in the 20m sprint — the equal-fifth quickest in draft testing history.

Just putting it here because it's an active thread

Several stars of the TAC Cup will have the chance to test their wares against senior opposition as 23rd men in the Peter Jackson VFL this weekend.

2015 U18 All Australian Nick O’Kearney from the Calder Cannons will represent Coburg in the Lions’ encounter with Frankston at Frankston Oval on Sunday.

O’Kearney has been one of the most prolific midfielders in the TAC Cup across his 10 matches this season, averaging 25 disposals per game.

Dandenong Stingrays pair and potential AFL father-son prospects Jake Lovett and Bailey Rice will also make the step up to VFL level.

Lovett – who could be taken by Melbourne under the father-son rule – will play for the Casey Scorpions against the Box Hill Hawks at Box Hill City Oval on Sunday, while Rice – who could be taken by Carlton or St Kilda – will play for the Northern Blues against Collingwood at the MCG on Saturday.

Joining Rice at the home of football will be Murray Bushrangers 19-year-old David Mennen, who will represent Collingwood in the AFL curtain-raiser.

Mennen represented Vic Country during their undefeated U18 Championships campaign this year and has averaged 18 disposals per game in eight TAC Cup matches.

Captain of the ladder-leading North Ballarat Rebels Darcy Tucker will play for the North Ballarat Roosters in their clash with Geelong at Eureka Stadium on Sunday.

The 2014 U18 All Australian represented Vic Country again this year and has played eight matches in the TAC Cup as a half-back/midfielder, averaging 23 disposals per game.

Tucker will take to the field on the opposite side to fellow Vic Country representative Tom Cole from the Bendigo Pioneers, who will run out for the Cats.

Cole played every match for Vic Country in 2015 and has found plenty of the ball in the TAC Cup, averaging 25 disposals per game for the Pioneers in seven matches.

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc...20-0-0-0&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=35560320

Is Pickett a close relation to jarrod? Or just one of the many loosely related pickets in Perth?

The latter.

Interesting player - very versatile type and has played just about every position on the ground. Not as quick, dynamic or skillful as Jarrod, but is more physical and being behind Jarrod in those areas is no shame at all.

Not sure if clubs will go for him, but it only takes one and there's plenty to like.

Interesting chatting to 2 recruiters from different clubs over the weekend. They both said that the combine really doesn't have a big influence for the first 40 potential draftees. More so for the later guys lower down where clubs have not seen much of them throughout the year.
Both said that the potential boys in the first 3 rounds have already been studied in depth every way possible and they don't place a lot of emphasis on results from these boys at the combine.

There are definitely more than three ruckman deserving of a combine invite
Even state invites

I'm not so sure. I certainly wouldn't be drafting any of the rucks who aren't at the combine. Especially from what I've seen in the TAC Cup.

Next year is the year for Ruckman.

I'm not so sure. I certainly wouldn't be drafting any of the rucks who aren't at the combine. Especially from what I've seen in the TAC Cup.

Next year is the year for Ruckman.

How much have you seen of the tac cup, any teams have you watched in particular,
And who are ruckman for next year ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much have you seen of the tac cup, any teams have you watched in particular,
And who are ruckman for next year ??
I would have seen probably about 20 TAC Cup games live, plus a few I've got vision on. Not to mention all the U18 champs games.

Ladhams SA, Goddard WA, Sweet SA just a few to mention.

I would have seen probably about 20 TAC Cup games live, plus a few I've got vision on. Not to mention all the U18 champs games.

Ladhams SA, Goddard WA, Sweet SA just a few to mention.

Ladhams seems to be the main one,

Have you seen eastern ranges play ? I live around that area and just wondering if any ruckman there

Mature age invitees to the WA combine:
Subiaco’s Shane Yarran is a notable inclusion among 23 WAFL players invited to this year’s State draft combine.

Yarran tested well in his first appearance at a State combine last year, recording a 2.82sec. time in the 20m sprint — the equal-fifth quickest in draft testing history.
Any particular reason he didn't get drafted?

2016 draft update... Dylan Clarke just won the melborune Grammar best and fairest in year 11 by a crushing 25 votes! He defeated several other draft prospects who are also in the team... tough in and under mid fielder who still has a amazing tank and can run all day

It's quite normal for a year 11 to win their teams B&F in the APS as most of the top age guys miss games due to national carnival. Last two years year 10 boys have nearly won it at Haileybury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back