2015 AFL U18 Championships

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair, it's a lot windier today at Geelong. Especially if you take into account of the game at Etihad yesterday.

No excuse though...

Dunkley has kicked it into the man on the mark... twice.....I am i know he is on injury return, but on this years form, i dont know what the fuss is about, early second rounder. Does anyone think Rice isnt the strongest f/s selection this year?

Dunkley has kicked it into the man on the mark... twice.....I am i know he is on injury return, but on this years form, i dont know what the fuss is about, early second rounder. Does anyone think Rice isnt the strongest f/s selection this year?
Dunkley has enough runs on the board from last year.

It's hard to be a dominate small defender (like Rice) without running through the midfield- which probably leads to him not being the strongest F/S.

My personal AA side:

FB: Aaron Francis (SA) - Kieran Collins (VC) - Jack Agostino (SA)
HB: Riley Bonner (SA) - Jacob Weitering (VICE) (VC) - Jarrod Berry (VC)
CE: Luke Partington (SA) - Kieran Lovell (TAS) - Sam Petrevski-Seton (WA)
HF: Callum Ah Chee (WA) - Harry McKay (VC) - Ben Keays (QLD)
FF: Ben Ainsworth (VC) - Josh Schache (CAPT) (VC) - Wayne Milera (SA)
RU: Gach Nyuon (VC) - Rhys Mathieson (VC) - Jacob Hopper (NSW)
IC: Jade Gresham (VM) - Will Snelling (SA) - Brandon Parfitt (NT) - Jacob Allison (QLD)

Clarke, Leonardis, Glass-McKasker, O'Kearney, Balic, Morgan, Brind all stiff

Is Allison tied to Brisbane or GC? I was incredibly impressed by him against tassie

Brisbane. He's a freakshow. My #2 next year and I don't even have to think about it. His rate of improvement is strong and he's already dominating despite being so clearly raw as a player. The upside is freakish - could be a top 5-10 in the league player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesse Glass-McCasker wins best player for WA. Is he on anyone's draft boards? :eek:

Jesse Glass-McCasker wins best player for WA. Is he on anyone's draft boards? :eek:

Hes on mine for best last name ever. Glass-McCasker. Wonder if you can trace him back to a big family of Europeon Wine Makers...

He'll be on mine in my next update. Have been watching him since round 3 but wanted one performance where he really stood out to justify it. Love tall athletes as defenders and he's one of them. Draftable.

My personal AA side:

FB: Aaron Francis (SA) - Kieran Collins (VC) - Jack Agostino (SA)
HB: Riley Bonner (SA) - Jacob Weitering (VICE) (VC) - Jarrod Berry (VC)
CE: Luke Partington (SA) - Kieran Lovell (TAS) - Sam Petrevski-Seton (WA)
HF: Callum Ah Chee (WA) - Harry McKay (VC) - Ben Keays (QLD)
FF: Ben Ainsworth (VC) - Josh Schache (CAPT) (VC) - Wayne Milera (SA)
RU: Gach Nyuon (VC) - Rhys Mathieson (VC) - Jacob Hopper (NSW)
IC: Jade Gresham (VM) - Will Snelling (SA) - Brandon Parfitt (NT) - Jacob Allison (QLD)

Clarke, Leonardis, Glass-McKasker, O'Kearney, Balic, Morgan, Brind all stiff
No Tucker Skippos?

How tall is Allison again? I heard he was key position sized but is actually a midfielder? If so he sounds like an Adam Goodes type.

A skinnier Bont physically at the moment, 193 but really wiry and skinny. They move similarly as well, that bouncy gallop that never really looks like they're moving all that fast but they actually are.

A skinnier Bont physically at the moment, 193 but really wiry and skinny. They move similarly as well, that bouncy gallop that never really looks like they're moving all that fast but they actually are.

An advantage with the academies is that in 2016 Brisbane can have Allison at the gym a few times a week so by the time he is drafted he is much closer to a playing weight than he would have been otherwise.

Brandan Parfitt (Northern Territory) is another exciting prospect to watch out for in 2016.

An advantage with the academies is that in 2016 Brisbane can have Allison at the gym a few times a week so by the time he is drafted he is much closer to a playing weight than he would have been otherwise.

Is it that big an advantage compared to the TAC Cup and private school system in Victoria?

Is it that big an advantage compared to the TAC Cup and private school system in Victoria?

I imagine it is as I don't think most TAC cup players would spend that much time at the gym, though I could be wrong there. Either way though Allison will have access to professional fitness people, professional dietitians and strength and conditioning coaches as well.

I imagine it is as I don't think most TAC cup players would spend that much time at the gym, though I could be wrong there. Either way though Allison will have access to professional fitness people, professional dietitians and strength and conditioning coaches as well.

I'm sure they have some access to club facilities and staff but we only spend $400K in the academies compared to $1.2mil. for Sydney and I'm guessing a fair bit of the money is put into scouting and the 3 employees.

Not sure why they keep looking for Hipwood off half back. Takes a good grab and is exciting and mobile but cannot kick.

Yep nothing to see here. Third round at best :)

Seriously though he does miss too many targets atm but that is very much a function of going for a lot on his kicks. He has good style and he delivers a lot of very good, low powerful kicks that hit his targets lace out. On the other side he can miss a target in a dangerous spot going for something which he prudently shouldn't be trying. He is a young 200cm player who is still growing into his body. I take the bad kicks with the good atm and figure we can put a lot of work into his consistency once we get him with us full time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back