2015 Australian Grand Prix - FIA Formula One World Championship: Round One

Remove this Banner Ad

Magic has left Red Bull - I mean even last year they still easily had the 2nd best car. But 4th is pretty much the best they can hope for in the Constructors Championship. I just can't see how they topple Ferrari and Williams for 2nd/3rd.

Magic has left Red Bull - I mean even last year they still easily had the 2nd best car. But 4th is pretty much the best they can hope for in the Constructors Championship. I just can't see how they topple Ferrari and Williams for 2nd/3rd.
its nothing to do with red bull its all the shitful engine they are using

Red Bull out qualified Toro Rosso and beat them in the race.
Hard to get a chassis to work without good drive-ability from the engine. It also destroys the tyres.
The Renault is a dog.
Ricciardo's fastest lap was only a tenth faster than Sainz. And Sainz got killed in that pit stop. Speed trap times aren't up yet but the maximum speeds aren't that different either.

Just got back to my accommodation from the GP, sat in the Prost Stand which is an absolutely fantastic view. Pity about the race and especially the sound of the cars, I know it's been mentioned by everyone but seriously it detracts from the experience greatly.

Managed to get a great spot in front of the podium immediately after the race, ticked that off the list of things I've always wanted to do.

IMAG0532.jpg

Melbourne Walk is an absolutely fantastic idea, really great to see the drivers up close, not many other places in the world get that accessibility. Managed to get Daniel Ricciardo to sign my mini helmet of his, and as he was signing it Mark Webber came up and interviewed him which was cool.
IMAG0570.jpg
IMAG0571.jpg

A podium... good stuff Vettel.. The car looks quite good.
Bad luck about Raikonen... ah well.

Good to see Sauber doing well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See. You guys criticise the cross to the celebrities in the lounge. But you know. Having just watched Shark Tank. On the show, Janine Allis looks like an old woman, who tries to look young. Yuk! But on the GP broadcast, she was on, and they made her look natural, and she looked more attractive as a result.

The did a good job.

Ricciardo's fastest lap was only a tenth faster than Sainz. And Sainz got killed in that pit stop. Speed trap times aren't up yet but the maximum speeds aren't that different either.
maybe torro rosso have their engine turned up 100% and red bull are being slightly conservative especially since dan is already down to 3 engines

*EDIT* I should note for the people bagging out channel 10 Webber and Horner actually had a lengthy conversation pre-race and the Torro Rosso point was mentioned, it was reasonably well answered with Horner essentially suggesting their cars are getting full revs one lap and nothing the next which effects then in and out of turns which just happens to be Red Bull's major strength for the last umpteen years.

Explains both their cars going off road over the weekend as well.

Last edited:
http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/194731.html

Sebastian Vettel poked fun at Nico Rosberg's suggestion he wants to see the field close up after Mercedes' dominant one-two at the Australian Grand Prix.

"I hope we can have a good fight," he (Rosberg) replied. "That would be awesome. I think the next couple of races we're going to be leading the way for sure, and we're going to try and keep it that way, but we know it would be good if they can come a bit closer, as long as they don't come too close…"

At that point, Vettel piped up from the other side of Lewis Hamilton. The exchange went as follows:

Vettel: "Be honest, do you really hope so!? [Laughs] Seriously? Seriously, they finished 30 seconds ahead of us and you hope that's it going to be closer. So you hope you slow down, is that what you're saying?"

Hamilton has already won the mental battle against Rosberg, and its only the first race! Rosberg should have just come out and said "I want the other teams to get between HAM and myself as I can't match him on pure pace alone".

Also LOL at Vettels comments, love it! Rosberg got offended as heck :p

Last edited:
See. You guys criticise the cross to the celebrities in the lounge. But you know. Having just watched Shark Tank. On the show, Janine Allis looks like an old woman, who tries to look young. Yuk! But on the GP broadcast, she was on, and they made her look natural, and she looked more attractive as a result.

The did a good job.

You taking the piss?

I've not read any comments in this thread but my criticism of the celebrity lounge that it was only there for blatant cross promotion of channel ten programs. Most of the "celebs" that I saw clearly didn't even have a passing interest in the sport. I've no problems with celebrity interviews but at least get motorsport fans!

It was a pretty average race and unfortunately there was only a tease of excitement at times like Massa behind Vettel and Ricciardo behind Nasr (who I was super impressed with). They looked half a chance to make a race of things but ultimately and disappointingly didn't have enough up their sleeve to make a pass.
I think the racing will get better as the year goes on - at least behind Mercedes. The first round often isn't a great indicator for a whole season. Williams and Ferrari look evenly balanced and I think Red Bull will catch them quickly and hopefully Sauber go from stength to strength. All is not completely lost. Yet.

Geez I hope your optimism is well founded Klyntonius. The weekends race was underwhelming to say the least. Red Bull was just uncompetitive.

Yeah, it wasn't the most exciting but I reckon Red Bull will get their act sorted sooner rather than later and add Bottas to the mix and the battle for third should be pretty tight. It's just a shame there's no battle for the lead. :(

Over the last 5 years, how many with piss poor efforts in qualy at melbourne, turned it around and been a contender/winner?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back