List Mgmt. 2015 Draft Prospects (Poll Added 31/8/15)

Which player do you want at our first selection?

• Harry McKay

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • Kieran Collins

Votes: 40 25.0%
  • Ryan Burton

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • Darcy Tucker

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Callum Ah Chee

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Harley Balic

• Riley Bonner

Votes: 13 8.1%
  • Other (Specify Below)

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Ben McKay

Votes: 22 13.8%
  • Mitch Hibberd

• Daniel Rioli

• Jade Gresham

• Clayton Oliver

Votes: 8 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on Matt Allen? Would he have the running game to play CHF for us?

Also after what has happened with Minno I wouldn't be suprised if the dogs went with a super athletic ruck like Nyuon if we were to go for one. Needs to have good wheels

I like Nyoun. Worth the punt.

Allen dominates SANFL 18s. It's not a high standard. I'm reserving judgment on him until he plays some ressies.

I like Nyoun. Worth the punt.

Allen dominates SANFL 18s. It's not a high standard. I'm reserving judgment on him until he plays some ressies.
I don't like reserving judgement, I'm more a throw caution to the wind type of guy
All aboard the Nyoun train, saw him play some good football last year but I don't know which of it was by fluke or by ability

I don't like reserving judgement, I'm more a throw caution to the wind type of guy
All aboard the Nyoun train, saw him play some good football last year but I don't know which of it was by fluke or by ability

I'm definitely interested in him. His athletic abilities suit this new game style of ours down to the letter T. Will definitely put him into that group of 3rd round onwards players I have in the second post of this thread (along with 1 or 2 more).

The word is that WHE position as our straight swap next year has gone cold....I think with Dale and Webb sowing good outside run they might keep there first round pick???

Excuse me Skippos, I was wondering as a South Australian
whether you have seen Oleg Markov from the Roosters
play live at all ? They list him at 188 cm and 74 kg which
is heavier than his draft weight. Is he quick and how is
his football skills or is he an athlete first ?

Markov featured in Skippos ' phantom thread last year:
Oleg Markov (SA - Athletic midfielder)

187 cm, 73 kg, 8/5/96
Range: 50-rookie
Comparison: Dean Towers

Oleg Markov is one of the bigger risk/reward prospects in the draft. Possessing a rare speed, endurance and leap combination, Markov shapes as a player who'll grab attention at the combine. His father is the Australian outdoor pole vault record holder - so athleticism is in the blood. Despite having a year ruined by injury, Markov still secured a national combine invite. By foot he is reliable but not incredibly damaging yet, and he's got an ability to play forward to a reasonable level. Coupled with his athletic gifts and height he looms as an interesting prospect for clubs. The knock on him is his lack of production - even in the SANFL under 18s Markov rarely features in the bests, generally accumulating between 10 and 20 disposals. Despite his pace, he doesn't have a natural tendency to break lines. He shares a bit in common with former draft prospect Laine Wilkins - who was overlooked. The peak for Markov is a Will Hoskin-Elliot kind of role, while I think Dean Towers is more of an apt comparison.

Evaluation of his prospects: Markov is quite simply very unlikely to make it. Outside players are hit and miss and someone with Markov's record is about as risky as it gets. He hasn't performed as a junior, quite simply. That said, his upside is just irresistable - if he does make it he'll be a vital cog in a side. Big risk though.

The word is that WHE position as our straight swap next year has gone cold....I think with Dale and Webb sowing good outside run they might keep there first round pick???
And u know this how ?

Now the TAC Cup season is upon us I think I'll put up a list of some players that are available later in the draft and attempt to see if I can find the hidden gem of this year much like I did with McLean last year. Here is as of round 5 of the 2015 TAC Cup season. I'll add more profiles as the year progresses. A few 19yo's as things are now and a familiar name from last year ;)

Darcy MacPherson (WB F/S)
Club: Northern Knights
DOB: 29/10/97
Position: Midfield/Forward
Height: 174cm
Weight: 72kg

Lachie Tardrew
Club: Bendigo Pioneers
DOB: 06/9/97
Position: Midfield/half back
Height: 182cm
Weight: 70kg
Range: 40-rookie

Brayden Fiorini
DOB: 22/8/97
Position: Midfield/Half Back
Height: 186cm
Weight: 75kg
Range: 25-60

Michael Mattingly
DOB:25/6/96
Position: Midfield
Height: 184cm
Weight: 76kg

Karl Brown
Club: Calder Cannons
DOB: 1/12/97
Position: KPF
Height: 192cm
Weight: 90kg
Range: 25-rookie

Harry McKay
Club: Gippsland Power
DOB: 24/12/97
Position: KPF
Height: 200cm
Weight: 85kg
Range: late-rookie

Josh Minogue
Club: Murray Bushrangers
DOB: 09/10/96
Position: Forward
Height: 189cm
Weight: 80kg
Range: late-rookie

Christian Buykx-Smith
DOB: 27/03/96
Position: Defender
Height: 193cm
Weight: 84kg

Theophilos Thompson
Club: Sandringham Dragons
DOB: 25/7/97
Position: Mid/Def
Height: 185cm
Weight: 81kg

Gach Nyuon
Club: Dandenong Stingrays
DoB: 19/3/97
Position: Ruck
Height: 198cm
Weight: 81kg

Bruno Laguda
Club: Calder Cannons
DOB: 14/4/97
Position: Def
Height: 185cm
Weight: 71kg

Matthew DeBruin
DOB: 14/1/96
Position: fwd/mid
Height: 187cm
Weight: 72kg

Added a few more to the Late-Rookie Smokies

Markov featured in Skippos ' phantom thread last year:

Nailed it. 8 touches in reserves this week, iirc he's played a little u/18s still this year too. Nothing much to like at this stage unless he goes all Sean Lemmens on us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nailed it. 8 touches in reserves this week, iirc he's played a little u/18s still this year too. Nothing much to like at this stage unless he goes all Sean Lemmens on us.
Very much appreciated Skippos, trying to keep tabs on a few of the
last years undrafted. The Roosters website is funny and they have
some serious young talent.

Those effective kicks from Fiorini 15 kicks only 1 ineffective o_O

McKay has to be toe and toe with K.Brown for highest contested mark count 4 of 7 marks contested.
I'll wait & see with Fiorini, because I know that at this time last year I realy wanted Viojo-Rainbow

still want Duggan :drunk:

I'll wait & see with Fiorini, because I know that at this time last year I realy wanted Viojo-Rainbow

still want Duggan :drunk:

He is my favorite early on, I love his kicking and ability to receive footy on the outside is incredible whether it is too outside for our liking I don't know but he has been impressive early on.

He is my favorite early on, I love his kicking and ability to receive footy on the outside is incredible whether it is too outside for our liking I don't know but he has been impressive early on.
Duggan or KK to the Dogs in 2016 :D

I thought that he (Duggan) would fit in even more with our current game plan

This is why I'm waiting for the champs before jumping on the get KK bandwagon. Fiorini could be the same sort of player - giving a first round pick away.

http://boundforglorynews.com/the-jc-tac-cup-form-report-round-three/

6. Brayden Fiorini (MID/Medium DEF) – Northern Knights (Up eight)

I’ve been bullish on Fiorini since mid last year. He’s one of the cleanest ball users in the TAC Cup in the mould of a Kade Kolodjashnij. Had a monster game this week with 37 disposals, 19 handball receives and 12 marks, seven tackles and a goal.

AVG STATS: 25 disposals (87% DE), ten marks and 13 handball receives, three tackles.

I am trying find some info on whether Jarrod Pickett has a younger brother called Lachlan. Born around 98 or so is around 180 cm lighting quick left footer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back