List Mgmt. 2015 Draft Prospects (Poll Added 31/8/15)

Which player do you want at our first selection?

• Harry McKay

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • Kieran Collins

Votes: 40 25.0%
  • Ryan Burton

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • Darcy Tucker

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Callum Ah Chee

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Harley Balic

• Riley Bonner

Votes: 13 8.1%
  • Other (Specify Below)

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Ben McKay

Votes: 22 13.8%
  • Mitch Hibberd

• Daniel Rioli

• Jade Gresham

• Clayton Oliver

Votes: 8 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade wise the only guys I'd be interested in are from the Gold Coast and then that could be costly because we won't be the only team trying to poach them. We need more than one ruck though if we do get one of those guys we'd still need another to develop. Can't continue to just trade these sort of players in.

In saying this Minson is in hot water, would be looking to trade him.
I actually disagree, I think Sydney are all the proof you need that you can do this & make it work
and we MUST get good at this, if we're to be a serious finals team in the future

I actually disagree, I think Sydney are all the proof you need that you can do this & make it work
and we MUST get good at this, if we're to be a serious finals team in the future

Yes Sydney have got in guys like Derikx and got in Mumford for Geelong but they have also developed their own in Pyke and recently they have Naismith and Nankervis developing as rookies.

Nick dodge looks like an alright small forward. But do we need one?

We seem to like getting guys who ccan move inti the middle from either half forward, half back or both in recent years some through trades and some in the draft. Look at this.

HBfl- Darley, Biggs, Macrae, R.Smith, Prudden
Utilities- Webb, Hamilton, Bontempelli
HFfl- McLean, Dale, Honeychurch, Daniel, Hunter

We have not taken a single pure midfielder since our f/s selections years ago.

Shhhh. Please delete this post. Don't want others to follow us. xxxx xxxxxxxxxx are never rounded enough for our game style.

Maybe. Probably. Definitely. Occasionally. Almost. Sometimes. Relatively. Essentially. Roughly. Practically.
Next topic.....

Of that list above I think the most obvious thing is that the majority of the guys who can go across half back have some doubts over them compared to the half forward types. My guess would be that guys like Greg Clark, Brayden Fiorini, Theo Thompson and Lachlan Tardrew could be what we are looking for this year in terms of mids unless we spot another pure utility like Webb. Interesting to see if this dual position thing also goes over to KPFs.

Of that list above I think the most obvious thing is that the majority of the guys who can go across half back have some doubts over them compared to the half forward types. My guess would be that guys like Greg Clark, Brayden Fiorini, Theo Thompson and Lachlan Tardrew could be what we are looking for this year in terms of mids unless we spot another pure utility like Webb. Interesting to see if this dual position thing also goes over to KPFs.
The idea is to get a mix of defensive minded and offensive minded players. They have different roles to play in the team, it is rare to find a two way runner with great skills who isn't small, skinny, slow, unskilled or some other deficiency. Most teams have been trying to draft these players as complete packages, who don't really exist. Players need training to develop their games to be elite two way runners.

Fiorini and tardew sound like players we would like.
Dual position ruck/KPD is where we are going there. Think KPF can only be KPF. Wasted elsewhere. We look average without Toyd and/or Stringer to kick long to.

Last edited:
Fiorini and tardew sound like players we would like.
Dual position ruck/KPD is where we are going there. Think KPF can only be KPF. Wasted elsewhere. We look average without Toyd and/or Stringer to kick long to.

Unless you do what Hawthorn do with Roughead.

I can see what you are getting at however this year we only have Boyd as a true KPF if we managed to get a guy around the 196-200cm mark who is athletic enough to play with Boyd and occasionally chop out in the ruck we won't lose our structure. In saying that he'd have to be a forward first. Two Gippsland boys could fit this, Sam Skinner and Harrison McKay.

Unless you do what Hawthorn do with Roughead.

I can see what you are getting at however this year we only have Boyd as a true KPF if we managed to get a guy around the 196-200cm mark who is athletic enough to play with Boyd and occasionally chop out in the ruck we won't lose our structure. In saying that he'd have to be a forward first. Two Gippsland boys could fit this, Sam Skinner and Harrison McKay.
Haven't seen either this year. (Too much work not enough footy time!)
Skinner I thought might be too thin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McKay is a prospect for later on in the draft but at 200cm he has shown really good attack on the footy in the air taking some really good pack marks and when he knows he can't mark it he makes sure it drops to a crumbing forward or mid. Needs to baulk up somewhat though as he is somewhat skinny.

197cm and 96kg this year. Must be an optical illuson.
He just looks slim..... If he has endurance, repeat efforts, spoils well and can tackle, what more do you need (knows how to ruck isn't that important).

Harry McKay definitely doesn't suffer from this needs to baulk up a bit though.
View attachment 130928
that is completely fine, doesn't need to get too much bigger & sacrifice mobility

just don't want to get players that are twig thin with no muscle development, unless they're real late bloomers it is really difficult for many of them to put on much muscle mass (unless of course their name is Chris Grant)

Hot & cold.
Apparently been showing plenty of aggression, he has been used in the ruck (but hasn't had much impact)
he plays much better as a KPD or a KPF
Sounds like a ruck upgrade for us..... mobility and defensive ability being the key parts of our ruck strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back