List Mgmt. 2015 Draft Prospects (Poll Added 31/8/15)

Which player do you want at our first selection?

• Harry McKay

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • Kieran Collins

Votes: 40 25.0%
  • Ryan Burton

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • Darcy Tucker

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Callum Ah Chee

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Harley Balic

• Riley Bonner

Votes: 13 8.1%
  • Other (Specify Below)

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Ben McKay

Votes: 22 13.8%
  • Mitch Hibberd

• Daniel Rioli

• Jade Gresham

• Clayton Oliver

Votes: 8 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://madmondayshow.com/2015/05/05/rd-6-sandringham-dragons-scouting-notes/

6 – Harley Balic

Thought his attack on the footy was good, both offensively and defensively. Thought at times his running and leading was really good, but didn’t always end up in his hands from team mates either over possessing and missing his lead or just via a turnover. His awareness and composure are well noted, his hands are very clean, whether by disposing the ball or marking. Took a strong overhead mark in the second quarter, and his ability to not only move the ball quickly, but to create play at a fast rate, lead to a Dragon’s goal. Thought his clearance work was good. During his set shots, it looked like he didn’t take into account a strong wind heading to the right. Missed both set shots by a lot. Also noted that he looks to get his team mates involved in the game whenever possible. His endeavour to apply forward pressure was really impressive. Finished with 23 disposals and 5 marks

Impressive stuff, besides his set shots
I saw from his write ups when he played basketball that he was a team first player to
can't wait to see how he goes for Metro now

Carlton appear keen on Curnow, but he doesn't look like a top 3 pick. They might want to trade back to later in the first round (not a good idea IMO but they did it last year). So, we might take advantage of this or just stay put.
Only seen fiorini once and looked good. His stats growth this year might make him a top 30 pick.
Ruck in the third round sounds good.
I reckon we'd be keen on Curnow ourselves. As I said earlier, seems to fit the profile of blokes we target.

Tall mids that can rest as KP forwards :drunk:

Also keep an eye on Balic and Greg Clark (193cm mid) they seem to fit well too :cool:
I haven't really been inspired by what Cunrow has done as a midfielder
wait until Kevin Sheehan comes up with a description, if it isn't 'he just oozes class'
then I don't want him, because that is how you know KS rates somebody :p

I'm really starting to like the sound of Tardrew at our third at the moment sounds like the sort of guy we'd go for.

Also if Fiorini keeps on getting 20+ touches at 90% by foot he will go top 20, especially if he continues to break 30 disposals now and then.

Last edited:
I'm really starting to like the sound of Tardrew at our third at the moment sounds like the sort of guy we'd go for.

Also if Fiorini keeps on getting 20+ touches at 90% by foot he will go top 20, especially if he continues to break 30 disposals now and then.
If we take Tardew at our third, do we take a ruckman at our fourth round pick? Or is that spot likely to be the father son?

If we take Tardew at our third, do we take a ruckman at our fourth round pick? Or is that spot likely to be the father son?

Macpherson with his shoulder injury likely goes as a Rookie. I still think that we can get a good ruck around pick 60 odd or even as a rookie.

Tardrew is impressing me with his defensive efforts for an outside mid. Would like to see his de% go back up but he works hard so I think work on that throughout the year.

Now the TAC Cup season is upon us I think I'll put up a list of some players that are available later in the draft and attempt to see if I can find the hidden gem of this year much like I did with McLean last year. Here is as of round 5 of the 2015 TAC Cup season. I'll add more profiles as the year progresses. A few 19yo's as things are now and a familiar name from last year ;)

Darcy MacPherson (WB F/S)
Club: Northern Knights
DOB: 29/10/97
Position: Midfield/Forward
Height: 174cm
Weight: 72kg

Lachie Tardrew
Club: Bendigo Pioneers
DOB: 06/9/97
Position: Midfield/half back
Height: 182cm
Weight: 70kg
Range: 30-rookie

Brayden Fiorini
DOB: 22/8/97
Position: Midfield/Half Back
Height: 186cm
Weight: 75kg
Range: 20-40

Michael Mattingly
DOB:25/6/96
Position: Midfield
Height: 184cm
Weight: 76kg
Range: late-rookie

Karl Brown
Club: Calder Cannons
DOB: 1/12/97
Position: KPF
Height: 192cm
Weight: 90kg
Range: 40-rookie

Harry McKay
Club: Gippsland Power
DOB: 24/12/97
Position: KPF
Height: 200cm
Weight: 85kg

Josh Minogue
Club: Murray Bushrangers
DOB: 09/10/96
Position: Forward
Height: 189cm
Weight: 80kg
Range: late-rookie

Christian Buykx-Smith
DOB: 27/03/96
Position: Defender
Height: 193cm
Weight: 84kg

Theophilos Thompson
Club: Sandringham Dragons
DOB: 25/7/97
Position: Mid/Def
Height: 185cm
Weight: 81kg
Range: 40-Rookie

Gach Nyuon
Club: Dandenong Stingrays
DoB: 19/3/97
Position: Ruck
Height: 198cm
Weight: 81kg
Range: 40-Rookie

Bruno Laguda
Club: Calder Cannons
DOB: 14/4/97
Position: Def
Height: 185cm
Weight: 71kg
Range: 30-Rookie

Matthew DeBruin
DOB: 14/1/96
Position: fwd/mid
Height: 187cm
Weight: 72kg
Range: Rookie

Harry Thompson
Club: Oakleigh Chargers
Position: Forward/Ruck
Height: 194cm
Weight:90kg
Range: 30-Rookie
Thompson from Oakleigh added. Draft ranges changed. Just realised need to add Thompson's b'day whoops.

Edit:Fixed

I know a lot of you were keen on Sullivan as the ruckman you were after.

Unfortunately he fell off his motorbike on the farm this week and did his ACL.

Hope he recovers well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know a lot of you were keen on Sullivan as the ruckman you were after.

Unfortunately he fell off his motorbike on the farm this week and did his ACL.
Poor kid. Hope his recovery goes well.

Recruiters normally advise against those sorts of hobbies don't they? I think it was Shane Nelson that liked dirt bike riding and they weren't overly happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back