List Mgmt. 2015 Draft Prospects (Poll Added 31/8/15)

Which player do you want at our first selection?

• Harry McKay

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • Kieran Collins

Votes: 40 25.0%
  • Ryan Burton

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • Darcy Tucker

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Callum Ah Chee

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Harley Balic

• Riley Bonner

Votes: 13 8.1%
  • Other (Specify Below)

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Ben McKay

Votes: 22 13.8%
  • Mitch Hibberd

• Daniel Rioli

• Jade Gresham

• Clayton Oliver

Votes: 8 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it's not just about the height, it's the way in which they play. I mean I was against the Daniel selection, but I still understood it and respected it because he's got talent and brought something different. He can play forward to a high level, has good goal sense and his ball use is as good as anyone. From what I've seen of Darcy (seen him a few times live), he does the hard stuff really well, but even in the TAC I'm yet to see him play the forward role to good effect which is what he's going to have to do in the AFL. He looks much, much better in the midfield, but at that height and size you have to be able to play forward well these days. Just look at Hrovat for instance, he was a gun mid at junior level yet is asked to play as a forward and is struggling.

Now McPherson may be able to develop that forward game in the future, but I'm not so sure and I don't think he would really add much different to the side anyway. We already have 3 smalls in Daniel, Honeychurch and Hunter not getting a game at the moment. Even Clay Smith has been playing the role of a small forward at times, so we have plenty of competition for spots.

I think if he wasn't a father/son selection, I don't think we would be interested.
I can see what you are getting at but I could see the same argument last year and look what happened there. Our recruiters just go with whoever they view as the best players after the first round and as I stated above they know a lot more about MacPherson than any poster on BF and I'll wait on the decision that they make on him.

I can see what you are getting at but I could see the same argument last year and look what happened there. Our recruiters just go with whoever they view as the best players after the first round and as I stated above they know a lot more about MacPherson than any poster on BF and I'll wait on the decision that they make on him.
I was surprised we never picked up Jayden Foster last year Wizard17,
saying that i have only seen brief highlights and stats which were 49
goals in sixteen TAC games from memory. What did you think ?

I was surprised we never picked up Jayden Foster last year Wizard17,
saying that i have only seen brief highlights and stats which were 49
goals in sixteen TAC games from memory. What did you think ?

I would have to say that we weren't confident that he'd be able to up his game playing against adults.

Will there be any key forward available in the rookie draft that we can draft that have huge upside ?

Dude no. There's never going to be a forward available in the rookie draft with huge upside. Why would he fall to the rookie draft then? Key forwards with massive upside never get past the second round, the only real option would be guys like role players or more mature state leaguers like if we drafted Coughlan or Fort from Footscray.

Last edited:
Dude no. There's never going to be a forward available in the rookie draft with huge upside. Why would he fall to the rookie draft then? Key forwards with massive upside never get past the second round, the only real option would be guys like role players or more mature state leaguers like if we drafted Coughlan or Fort from Footscray.
Draft Pods!!!!

Raw, project players might be available there. Why not? Teams are tentative to take project players so they're taken later, and if you get lucky (very lucky) you might hit a gem. It's obviously safer to stick to what you know later in the draft though, which is why the best big men are usually taken early...but there might be something hidden out there.

Skippos has uploaded more videos, so check them out guys
& make sure to switch your Adblock off when you do :D

not sure he has a video for Mitchell Hibberd yet, but from what I've seen on eyecatchers
looks a real likely type

with the academy players looking like they'll probably go early & possibly some later bolters, it could means a couple slide to around our pick...
(fingers crossed yes?) :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Raw, project players might be available there. Why not? Teams are tentative to take project players so they're taken later, and if you get lucky (very lucky) you might hit a gem. It's obviously safer to stick to what you know later in the draft though, which is why the best big men are usually taken early...but there might be something hidden out there.
There's always going to be something hidden out there, but making that call before the draft has occurred is like asking what the Lotto numbers will be. Judging players of a specific position with 'huge upside' can only be attempted after the first 65-odd players have been taken in the ND. As Testekill alluded to, in this day and age the chances of this occurring is minute.

not sure he has a video for Mitchell Hibberd yet, but from what I've seen on eyecatchers
looks a real likely type

with the academy players looking like they'll probably go early & possibly some later bolters, it could means a couple slide to around our pick...
I liked Hibberd too really good performance for a guy who missed the draft due to injuries last year. I plan to watch the next round game if I can (not sure if my first aid course is this Saturday or next Saturday :oops:). Hope to see more of Nick Dodge higher up the ground than what he was in that game, seemed to be playing as their Full Forward, also want to see more of Mitchell Rainbird in the midfield.

Edit: Apparently Dodge has played as a small defender in the TSL. Maybe see him off half back for a bit?

Last edited:
Agree with this. Generally they will only slide if there is some big question marks over their personalities or some massive injury concern.
Reece Mackenzie last draft for example,and i think there was another that didn't even get drafted. Keitel?

Agree with this. Generally they will only slide if there is some big question marks over their personalities or some massive injury concern.
Reece Mackenzie last draft for example,and i think there was another that didn't even get drafted. Keitel?
Keitel & Cripps
a couple more to, I just forgot their names now

I liked Hibberd too really good performance for a guy who missed the draft due to injuries last year. I plan to watch the next round game if I can (not sure if my first aid course is this Saturday or next Saturday :oops:). Hope to see more of Nick Dodge higher up the ground than what he was in that game, seemed to be playing as their Full Forward, also want to see more of Mitchell Rainbird in the midfield.

Edit: Apparently Dodge has played as a small defender in the TSL. Maybe see him off half back for a bit?
Hibberd has been talked up as a potential bolter, that is great to hear for a 19 year old

Unlikely that he gets to our second round selection, but the next round game
you have to have the AFL subscription? you need that in order to watch them & they'll likely have the game up

looks a real likely type

Yeah I don't have raw footage of the TAS/NSW game. Would have otherwise. Really like Hibberd, have him #23 now. A lot going in his favour.

LINK????

Hopefully this happens and I look like a genius come draft time.
Said it in commentary on the Championships

at least he knows what he is talking about, KS asked us how he judged Stringer considering that he didn't play the Championships..

Schache with 5 early in the 3rd as well..yikes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back