List Mgmt. 2015 Draft Thread - Pre-Season & Rookie Draft Friday 11:00am AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
a six pick down grade? Think they would tell us o **** off.
Carlton are moving their second round pick to a mid first round pick and given the shallow nature of the draft pool they might be more inclined to do that and get access to a better player than taking 2 second round picks which is the supposed deal at the moment.

Carlton are moving their second round pick to a mid first round pick and given the shallow nature of the draft pool they might be more inclined to do that and get access to a better player than taking 2 second round picks which is the supposed deal at the moment.
Yarran has a fair bit more currency than a six pick upgrade. We are looking at a player that can be damaging forward and back and have looked at motlop, Yarran and Jetta so it's fair to say we are a motivated buyer and we won't be the only team to talk to Chris. I could see the cost being a first rounder if the Hawks rumoured interest is true.

What about our first two picks for Yarran and the blues 2nd pick.

Say pick 14 + 35
for Yarran and Pick 19

I can't work out if that's good or not which might mean its a win/win?

Yarran has a fair bit more currency than a six pick upgrade. We are looking at a player that can be damaging forward and back and have looked at motlop, Yarran and Jetta so it's fair to say we are a motivated buyer and we won't be the only team to talk to Chris. I could see the cost being a first rounder if the Hawks rumoured interest is true.
Yarran is contracted for next season and Carlton want him gone. If he nominates us as his club of choice Carlton either accept what we offer or are stuck with a player that they don't want and Chris can say no to any other possible trade.

That being said I don't see us being hard asses about a trade and an offer along the lines of our first 2 picks for Yarran and their second round pick sounds a lot like a deal that both clubs would sign off on happily. With Henderson also leaving the Blues would have 3 picks inside the top 20 possibly 4 if they let Kreuzer go via free agency.

Given this is the draft thread probably best we leave the discussion at that, rather than continue taking the thread off topic.

Yarran is contracted for next season and Carlton want him gone. If he nominates us as his club of choice Carlton either accept what we offer or are stuck with a player that they don't want and Chris can say no to any other possible trade.

That being said I don't see us being hard asses about a trade and an offer along the lines of our first 2 picks for Yarran and their second round pick sounds a lot like a deal that both clubs would sign off on happily. With Henderson also leaving the Blues would have 3 picks inside the top 20 possibly 4 if they let Kreuzer go via free agency.

Given this is the draft thread probably best we leave the discussion at that, rather than continue taking the thread off topic.
And if Hawthorn says to Carlton we'll give you our first, Yarran would quick-smart be pretty ******* happy to go there. Your scenario is fanciful.

And if Hawthorn says to Carlton we'll give you our first, Yarran would quick-smart be pretty ******* happy to go there. Your scenario is fanciful.
Not really that fanciful, if Yarran chooses us as the club he wants to go to he can knock back any other trade he isn't happy with. I guess we'll just wait and see what happens.

Don't know much about this year's draft crop besides that GWS are gonna snatch a lot of talent cheaply.
And with all the speculation about us trading our picks for players I haven't looked into as much as I usually would, all I do know is that next year we should be trying our best to get Harrison Macreadie. Kid is an absolute gun. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure he'll be a GWS academy pick and if we trade 2 first rounders for Treloar we'll have roughly 0.01% chance of getting him.

But we'll have Treloar, and I can deal with that.

After watching them in the under 18 championships a couple months ago, I'd love to see us have a crack at Ben Keays or Kieran Lovell, both look like stars. I'm not sure how the new academy bidding system works as Keays is a Brisbane academy player, but it'd be good to see us have a crack.

Good to see our man Clayton Oliver jump up the draft rankings. Kicked 6 goals on the weekend for Murray- Has mounted a strong case for Top 30 since he played VFL with us.

Good to see our man Clayton Oliver jump up the draft rankings. Kicked 6 goals on the weekend for Murray- Has mounted a strong case for Top 30 since he played VFL with us.
I'm not a follower of u18 football at all, but a mate of mine was telling me about Branden fiorini who plays for the NK's (out my neck of the woods) and is a bit of a late bloomer a tallish mid with a raking left foot. He reckons he's a star in the making. He then listed our recent selections from the Knights- Lennon, Vlastuin, Castagna and reckons we have a bit of a history with them (not sure that's the case, probably just worked out that way).
Any idea where he might go in the draft.

I'm not a follower of u18 football at all, but a mate of mine was telling me about Branden fiorini who plays for the NK's (out my neck of the woods) and is a bit of a late bloomer a tallish mid with a raking left foot. He reckons he's a star in the making. He then listed our recent selections from the Knights- Lennon, Vlastuin, Castagna and reckons we have a bit of a history with them (not sure that's the case, probably just worked out that way).
Any idea where he might go in the draft.

Short and McKenzie too.

I reckon Fiorini might push into the top 30 the way he's being talked about lately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

27 posies and 6 clearances . Jumping back in the draft might well see us miss out on him . Most who has followed drafts over a long period of time acknowledges that the notion of drafts being weaker or stronger than others is a load of wank . There will be some out and out guns in this draft no doubt what so ever .
Schache alone has had gun AFL footballer written all over him since he was a 14 year old .
Smart move is if not in top 4 you don't trade a top 2 pick for anyone over 21 .

Last edited:
Short and McKenzie too.

I reckon Fiorini might push into the top 30 the way he's being talked about lately.

Yeah could push Top 30 no doubt.

It's very even from 20-35, after that it's not great. Shows that our first 2 picks with be good, and then after that is a lottery (plus we'll upgrade Lambert)

Hi guys hope you don't mind me intruding, I've always thought McBean has looked very promising, where's his likelihood of getting games next year? I'd love to see him in a Port jumper. What would it take to get him?

I was thinking Paul Stewart and maybe Kane Mitchell for McBean and a 3rd rounder? Thoughts?

Hi guys hope you don't mind me intruding, I've always thought McBean has looked very promising, where's his likelihood of getting games next year? I'd love to see him in a Port jumper. What would it take to get him?

I was thinking Paul Stewart and maybe Kane Mitchell for McBean and a 3rd rounder? Thoughts?

1. Keep your hands off him.
2. Your not getting him.
3. His ours
4. No ******* way
5. No
6. No way in Hell
barkley-head-shake-o.gif

kanye-head-shake-1441034280.gif

Judge-Judy-Shake-My-Head-Gif_zps66b02891.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

aSGGIwE.gif

giphy.gif

headshaketim.gif~c200

rolling_eyes_neil_degrasse_tyson.gif

giphy.gif

reactiongifs-happy-mila-kunis-shaking-head.gif

giphy.gif

13870249412028077088.GIF

julien-shaking-head.gif

Not for sale.

Slight information that's probably useless-Lachlan Tiziani, which I'm very quite close with, as I went to school with him until he moved to Aubury for football reasons, anyway. We keep in touch often, and I don't like peeking too much into his busy soon-to-be afl life, but Richmond were indeed the first club to contact him, and he's had meetings with some of the staff, he was I think 1 of 3 people invited to the combine from the Rangers (probably defiantly wrong on that one) but this bloke is a gun, not very tall for afl standards, but quite built, fast, he's played for the Giants reserves side against Sydney, unfortauntly, I had to play against him in the 18's Comp, not saying by any means "Yeah Richmond have said they're going to draft him" but they wouldn't have made contact if they weren't interested.

After watching them in the under 18 championships a couple months ago, I'd love to see us have a crack at Ben Keays or Kieran Lovell, both look like stars. I'm not sure how the new academy bidding system works as Keays is a Brisbane academy player, but it'd be good to see us have a crack.

Was talking to him a couple of days ago & he's a Tiger's man....Just thought you might like that ? (And welcome to the RFC BF..:thumbsu:)

No, we all love him!! :p:p:p:p

Lol keep your crap

Why not just give us the Cornes brothers

Was talking to a couple of the Bushies boys today, including Tiziani who Tough tigs mentioned earlier, they said that Oliver wasn't great through the middle but when he went forward the he just monstered the other teams third tall. The kid kicked 6 goals and didn't even get best on! He's also a ranga so you may as well lock him in to be playing for us next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back