No Oppo Supporters 2016 General AFL Discussion Part 2 (Sydney Posters Only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what happens when you beat Collingwood two GFs in a row, I guess. We should count ourselves lucky we didn't make it in 2003.
Funny enough I was talking to a Lion who played in the 3 and he said we should have won that Prelim, it was just their belief from the previous 2 years that got their banged up bodies over the line.

However I won't support a PP for Brisbane. They didn't have to sell the farm for Beams.

So no Priority Pick for Brisbane because it feeds into the "go home" problem but if they trade for a player raised in Queensland to off set the "go home" problem its then "selling the farm". That is the most flawed logic yet you've come up with.

Can't improve their list, can't trade in players raised in Queensland and can't request help. Your saying keep the cycle going.....

Sub rule abolished for 2016 and the interchange cap will be reduced to 90.

So no Priority Pick for Brisbane because it feeds into the "go home" problem but if they trade for a player raised in Queensland to off set the "go home" problem its then "selling the farm". That is the most flawed logic yet you've come up with.

Can't improve their list, can't trade in players raised in Queensland and can't request help. Your saying keep the cycle going.....

They can have Brion though i hope he is ok with that

Sub rule abolished for 2016 and the interchange cap will be reduced to 90.
Going to make more stoppages. Players fatigued by the 4th term and just bomb it long. Going to be a drop of skilled players for athletes who can just run out games

Something internally is wrong that the public is not privy to a PP wont fix the issue.

Aish i understand they backed their system to keep him but it didnt work out thats life.

It's a joke that North are allowed to rest as many players as they want.

That game will directly affect 5th-8th (and possibly 4th-8th if we lose) spots on the ladder.

Fremantle resting players only affects 9th-10th

Funny enough I was talking to a Lion who played in the 3 and he said we should have won that Prelim, it was just their belief from the previous 2 years that got their banged up bodies over the line.

In 2004 it was even more evident. Just making that GF carrying all those warhorses in 2004 was probably one of that club's greatest achievements (although they'd probably never admit it).

I think North have just as much right to rest players as Freo or anybody else.

They shouldn't be punished because the luck of the draw happens to mean that their game impacts other finals teams and Freo's doesn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More of an AFL problem than a North problem.

The fact that the AFL ticked it off rather recklessly, all things considered, is huge. There is a clear difference between the Freo situation and this current one.

I can see it from both sides. The ultimate goal is to win a flag and teams manage their list throughout the season in order to accomplish that.

Players not giving their best effort on the field in order to manipulate a result is absolutely unacceptable. But I've got no problem with a coach keeping his powder dry for a game that matters.

I can see it from both sides. The ultimate goal is to win a flag and teams manage their list throughout the season in order to accomplish that.

Players not giving their best effort on the field in order to manipulate a result is absolutely unacceptable. But I've got no problem with a coach keeping his powder dry for a game that matters.

Agreed. As long as the players on the field are doing their best to win then teams can rest whoever they want.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

But I bet Geelong are kicking themselves that they didn't take GWS's trade offer last year of Pick 4 for Johnson.

Would have had two top 10 picks vs one more season from an old club champion.

This is the same club that just had one of their assistant coach's son die because of a car accident while possibly under the influence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back