Injury 2015 general injury updates - for specific injuries, refer to specific injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

While we can put this down to a bad luck of injuries, surely there's something awry with the fitness and medical staff? Who are they and what the hell are they doing to our players?

Had a look at our injury list in the paper this morning - 16 players listed on it. Add the two players who have walked out, and that means we've got just under half our list unavailable at the moment, including rookies. No wonder we're struggling at the moment.

It's been like this for a while, it pisses me off no end coz it's the clubs own fault. I knew it would be an issue in the pre season.
Been very happy results wise up until the Dees loss. Our players are doing quite well considering.

It's been like this for a while, it pisses me off no end coz it's the clubs own fault. I knew it would be an issue in the pre season.
Been very happy results wise up until the Dees loss. Our players are doing quite well considering.
Not all of it is the club's fault. The LT ones such as Simpson, Cowan, McCarthy MAYBE, but you can hardly blame the club for the sort of injuries that Bartel, Duncan and Stanley have received.

Not all of it is the club's fault. The LT ones such as Simpson, Cowan, McCarthy MAYBE, but you can hardly blame the club for the sort of injuries that Bartel, Duncan and Stanley have received.

I agree, the ones we've seen this year (Bartel, Duncan, Stanley) are just footy, but the others haven't been managed well at all.

What's the status with Vardy? I don't think we'll see him or Menz back this year.

I agree, the ones we've seen this year (Bartel, Duncan, Stanley) are just footy, but the others haven't been managed well at all.

What's the status with Vardy? I don't think we'll see him or Menz back this year.

Menzel is supposed to be playing VFL in a few weeks. But I'd take anything regarding Menzel with a big grain of salt and wouldn't believe it until he's actually on the field. Too many false starts along the course of his development to think anything is a certainty.

Vardy seems to be a week or two behind Menzel. As for managing, i dont think that is the issue. The issue is should they still be on the list taking up spots where we could have healthy players in their place. Although given our injury run, they would probably be injured by now anyway.

Menzel is supposed to be playing VFL in a few weeks. But I'd take anything regarding Menzel with a big grain of salt and wouldn't believe it until he's actually on the field. Too many false starts along the course of his development to think anything is a certainty.

Yes exactly, I won't be a believer until I see him on the field!

Really, we should have known this season was going to be the joke of all seasons injury wise after Kelly ruptured his testicle FFS. It was a sign from the football gods punishing us for so many years of brilliance, surely?!!!

It is time to take stock and realise the massive impact that injuries have been having.

I look back to 2007 and how we hardly had an injury, no wonder we dominated. And no wonder the VFL side did too.

The problem is, as much as I love the effort being put in by the young guys, many would not be keeping their spots if we had a healthier list. Watch a VFL game and there is less than a handful of players that you can take interest in watching from the point of view of senior selection.

There is no pressure for spots.

Am also really concerned that we will ned up putting in too much work for Walker, Blicavs and co. They may end up breaking down.

Write the year off. Get the boys fit. Get games into remaining youngsters this year. Better luck next year.

It is time to take stock and realise the massive impact that injuries have been having.

I look back to 2007 and how we hardly had an injury, no wonder we dominated. And no wonder the VFL side did too.

The problem is, as much as I love the effort being put in by the young guys, many would not be keeping their spots if we had a healthier list. Watch a VFL game and there is less than a handful of players that you can take interest in watching from the point of view of senior selection.

There is no pressure for spots.

Am also really concerned that we will ned up putting in too much work for Walker, Blicavs and co. They may end up breaking down.

Write the year off. Get the boys fit. Get games into remaining youngsters this year. Better luck next year.
what youngsters, the list is not healthy
need to play out the year and rotate players, bartel and co will be back in a few weeks

we might be better off elevating a rookie ruck to have backup and let blitz and walker play their position

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Add Menzel, McIntosh, Delaney and Vardy. Plus known issues with Clark and I swear Stanley has a little bit of history.
That is 9 players with injury history. 7 of which weren't about to be fit plus an ageing list. There comes a point where you need to stop taking risks.
Those 9 players are unsurprisingly injured plus the normal injuries you cop during a year means we were going to be lucky to have any less than a dozen injuries at a time.
This isn't even hindsight, it was known.
Older players and the very young also cannot be expected to play every week.
6-6 is a damn good result. Pity it's not 7-5 but risk/reward I guess.
If we had these players available we would be pretty damn good. Risk has gone too far.

Says it all really.
Also probably should add some perspective to people who are throwing the toys out of the cot when we get done (not directed at you at all)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back