Injury 2015 general injury updates - for specific injuries, refer to specific injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This was said the night of and the following day he injured himself.

Am I the only person that heard it??

Nope.
They said he just failed to get up for the Hawthorn game. He was a 'test' against St Kilda and is still a 'test' at least until the injury list gets updated tomorrow. I'm betting he'll be a test again.

They said he just failed to get up for the Hawthorn game. He was a 'test' against St Kilda and is still a 'test' at least until the injury list gets updated tomorrow. I'm betting he'll be a test again.

Not sure what you're reading but I can't really be bothered trawling through these threads to find the 3 week thing.

Anyway, what will be will be.

We should be right against the filth without him.

Not sure what you're reading but I can't really be bothered trawling through these threads to find the 3 week thing.

Well at the very least, he's "In the Mix" according to the club:

Mitch Duncan
The star midfielder has missed the Cats’ past two games due to a calf problem. He will be given every chance to prove his fitness on the training track this week.

http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2015-08-24/in-the-mix-rnd-22

And last week...

MITCH Duncan remains in contention to line up in Saturday night’s clash with St Kilda at Etihad Stadium.

The star midfielder withdrew from the team that played Hawthorn last weekend after suffering calf soreness.

But he will be given the chance to prove himself on the training track in the coming days.

“Mitch didn’t get up on the weekend,” club physio Mark Young said on nib Medical Room on Tuesday.

“He’s got a low-grade calf strain. It’s improving quickly. He’ll be a test for this weekend.”

http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2015-08-18/duncan-to-be-tested

I thought when Duncan was initially out with the calf injury he was only meant to miss 2 to 3 weeks; so if he is apparently still 2 weeks away, does that mean that the initial injury was a 4 week injury, or should he only be 1 week away this week if he was 2 weeks away last week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought when Duncan was initially out with the calf injury he was only meant to miss 2 to 3 weeks; so if he is apparently still 2 weeks away, does that mean that the initial injury was a 4 week injury, or should he only be 1 week away this week if he was 2 weeks away last week?

Was a 3 weeker, he's missed two so far yeah?

Was a 3 weeker, he's missed two so far yeah?

Sounds right - and out again. I guess whether he is a chance for next week will depend on results this round; things go our way we want him next week, but if its a crappy weekend maybe time to debut Jansen or Gore next week, or give Cowan a chance to see if he can last out a match.

Sounds right - and out again. I guess whether he is a chance for next week will depend on results this round; things go our way we want him next week, but if its a crappy weekend maybe time to debut Jansen or Gore next week, or give Cowan a chance to see if he can last out a match.

Yeah no point playing him if we lose tomorrow. If we win though fingers crossed he's right.

We bloody need him :)

Via the Medical Room
Duncan and Caddy won't play, Stanley's getting his screw removed from his foot in two weeks. No mention of Motlop

Via the Medical Room
Duncan and Caddy won't play, Stanley's getting his screw removed from his foot in two weeks. No mention of Motlop

Sensible in the circumstances....

I'd like to see Cowan selected in particular.....he's obviously got something...throw him in the deep end and see if he can cut it....maybe rookie him next year to be on the safe side??

Via the Medical Room

Did I miss something? I don't recall Motlop getting injured last week (although I was at the game and didn't watch the replay, so may have missed it).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back