Injury 2015 general injury updates - for specific injuries, refer to specific injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What is the latest information on the current status of injured players?
for example, when can we expect a player to be running or joining in full pre-season training?

Lincoln McCarthy
Rhys Stanley
Scott Selwood
Mitch Clark
Delvine Delaney
Any others?

*Both Stanley and S.Selwood told me that they would be running after Christmas last Friday night.

for example, when can we expect a player to be running or joining in full training?

Lincoln McCarthy
Rhys Stanley
Scott Selwood
Mitch Clark
Delvine Delaney
Any others?

*Both Stanley and S.Selwood told me that they would be running after Christmas last Friday night.
McCarthy was still on crutches last photo I saw, but back training on the bikes at the club.

Mitch Clark is raring to go for day 1 of pre season (apparantly)

NFI about Delaney sorry mate

for example, when can we expect a player to be running or joining in full pre-season training?

Lincoln McCarthy
Rhys Stanley
Scott Selwood
Mitch Clark
Delvine Delaney
Any others?

I'd guess different updates will start trickling through by late November and early December.

Lincoln McCarthy
Rhys Stanley
Scott Selwood
Mitch Clark
Delvine Delaney
Any others?

From Oct 13 this article reckons Stanley is running again: http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...g-the-sweet-spot/story-fnjuhrq4-1227566569202

McCarthy was still on crutches last photo I saw, but back training on the bikes at the club.

Mitch Clark is raring to go for day 1 of pre season (apparantly)

NFI about Delaney sorry mate
Did Delaney have post season surgery or was he just rested after his comeback to VFL?

Did Delaney have post season surgery or was he just rested after his comeback to VFL?
He hurt his knee in his 2nd game back, but I don't know the extent... I have a feeling it was just a strain

He hurt his knee in his 2nd game back, but I don't know the extent... I have a feeling it was just a strain
I guess we'll find out with those first day of training photos. Hope he can finally get a good run at it, at least that way we can see if he's up to it or not.

I guess we'll find out with those first day of training photos. Hope he can finally get a good run at it, at least that way we can see if he's up to it or not.
He is very much up to it

His body may have other ideas however

He is very much up to it

His body may have other ideas however
I more meant that it'd be nice to once have a players deservedness of a list spot determined by ability not how many trips to the hospital ward he'd made.

So realistically, injury free is he a full back or 3rd tall?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I more meant that it'd be nice to once have a players deservedness of a list spot determined by ability not how many trips to the hospital ward he'd made.

So realistically, injury free is he a full back or 3rd tall?
Well he's a rookie still isn't he so he just needs to play. Probably full back in the VFL and then go from there

Lincoln McCarthy
Rhys Stanley
Scott Selwood
Mitch Clark
Delvine Delaney
Any others?

Name dropper

32 games in four years, 8 games average.

Sorry but it doesn't take a post graduate to work out he's up against even if he manages to get by this preseason unscathed.
Who you talking about?

32 games in four years, 8 games average.

Sorry but it doesn't take a post graduate to work out he's up against even if he manages to get by this preseason unscathed.
Sad but true.
However, he is ahead of Vardy, Menzel, Cowan, and he is a mere rookie.

Lincoln McCarthy
Rhys Stanley
Scott Selwood
Mitch Clark
Delvine Delaney
Any others?

Latest updates I'm aware of:

Lincoln McCarthy - "unlikely to return to full training until after Christmas" - 30 Sept - http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...s-luck-still-out/story-fnjuhrxq-1227547768681

Rhys Stanley - “I’ll start running again hopefully at the end of next week,” - 8 Oct - http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...fter-foot-injury/story-fni5f6yg-1227562562106

Scott Selwood - "will not be able to join full pre-season training until after Christmas" - http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-13/new-cat-scott-selwood-set-for-surgery-on-troublesome-ankle

Mitch Clark - "expected to begin pre-season training when the club returns in November." - 24 Sept - http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-24/geelongs-clark-set-to-begin-preseason-training-on-schedule

Delaney - “Myself, Lincoln McCarthy and Cam Delaney are all doing the work because we want to be on the park next year. We’re doing all the work now to get ourselves ready.” [Rhys Stanley] - 8 Oct - http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...fter-foot-injury/story-fnjbnts5-1227562562106

The one I hope gets right is McCarthy. I really think he has something about him that screams x-factor but I really don't know if we will get the chance to see it. He has missed so much development.

How he moved reminded me of a lot of Chapman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back