News 2015 Hawthorn Fixture (released 30 October 2014)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mmmm. That would mean chicken kiev for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also need to plan for the 32 hour layover in Tashkent.

Oh yes, plenty of shopping opportunities for the boys. Vladimir Putin is going to toss the coin too.

Reckon a hairy chested caged wrestling match between Vlad and Tony Abbott as curtain raiser would be a real treat.

Vlad bare-chsted, Abbott in his blue budgie-smugglers....

The good thing the AFL has thrown all they can at us for 2 years running and we have responded with a big FU. Throw what you want AFL, we will rise above it.

Reading Leigh Matthews' book he definitely mentioned how the afl weren't too keen on the Lions making the grand final so many times in a row and tried to make it difficult for them especially when they made the fourth, so I guess we can't expect too many favours next year (not that we got any this year!)
And now they would kill for a QLD team to make the finals. Be careful what you wish for

In all seriousness I think we are going to get reamed hard this year, we wont play gold coast or collingwood twice as they don't match us.
Port, Sydney, Fremantle and Geelong x 2 are certainties
2 x North Melbourne will be likely and it will be played in Tassie (which is good for us).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We got 3 from top 6, 1 from middle 6 and 1 from bottom 6 this year, using the after 2013 finals rankings, but they made sure it was the hardest possible combination using those parameters.

Found the article from 2013 which explains it all - or are they going to change it all again after all the shitty feedback they got?
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...lenge-big-victorian-clubs-20130903-2t2c9.html

The rules that will determine which clubs play each other twice:
– Sides ranked 1-6 on the ladder will have a minimum of two and a maximum of three double-meetings with other top six sides. They will have a minimum of one and a maximum of two double-meetings with sides ranked in the second bracket (7-12). They will have either no double meetings or a maximum of one double-meeting with a side ranked 13-18.

– Sides ranked 7-12 on the ladder will have a minimum of one and a maximum of two double-meetings with sides ranked in the top third bracket (1-6). They will have at least two but no more than three double-meetings with teams in the same bracket. They will have a minimum of one and a maximum of two double-meetings with sides ranked 13-18.

– Sides ranked in the bottom third (13-18) will have either no or a maximum of one double-meeting with a side ranked 1-6. They will have at least one but no more than two double-meetings with sides ranked 7-12. They will have a minimum of two and a maximum of three double-meetings with sides ranked in the same lower third bracket (13-18).

Using these rules and the assumption that if you get 3 from the top 6 then you get 1 from the middle and 1 from the bottom, I predict we get Swans, Cats, Port, Tigers and Carlton twice.

I'm getting sick of the whole Cats thing so wouldn't mind if they swapped them for North or Freo.

I reckon you guys are right we will get the kitchen sink and more thrown at us, however I will be looking closely at the fix tures that ruuners up $hitney and Port get...hmmm:mad:

In all seriousness I think we are going to get reamed hard this year, we wont play gold coast or collingwood twice as they don't match us.
Port, Sydney, Fremantle and Geelong x 2 are certainties
2 x North Melbourne will be likely and it will be played in Tassie (which is good for us).

They won't play 2 Hawks v North games in Tasmania. North's belting in the PF aside, they finished the season in 4th - the only team we didn't beat all year.

Lock it in for an early season Friday Night Ethiad fixture and possibly a late season Launceston fixture

We got 3 from top 6, 1 from middle 6 and 1 from bottom 6 this year, using the after 2013 finals rankings, but they made sure it was the hardest possible combination using those parameters.

Found the article from 2013 which explains it all - or are they going to change it all again after all the shitty feedback they got?
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...lenge-big-victorian-clubs-20130903-2t2c9.html

The rules that will determine which clubs play each other twice:
– Sides ranked 1-6 on the ladder will have a minimum of two and a maximum of three double-meetings with other top six sides. They will have a minimum of one and a maximum of two double-meetings with sides ranked in the second bracket (7-12). They will have either no double meetings or a maximum of one double-meeting with a side ranked 13-18.

– Sides ranked 7-12 on the ladder will have a minimum of one and a maximum of two double-meetings with sides ranked in the top third bracket (1-6). They will have at least two but no more than three double-meetings with teams in the same bracket. They will have a minimum of one and a maximum of two double-meetings with sides ranked 13-18.

– Sides ranked in the bottom third (13-18) will have either no or a maximum of one double-meeting with a side ranked 1-6. They will have at least one but no more than two double-meetings with sides ranked 7-12. They will have a minimum of two and a maximum of three double-meetings with sides ranked in the same lower third bracket (13-18).

Using these rules and the assumption that if you get 3 from the top 6 then you get 1 from the middle and 1 from the bottom, I predict we get Swans, Cats, Port, Tigers and Carlton twice.

I'm getting sick of the whole Cats thing so wouldn't mind if they swapped them for North or Freo.

Hawks v Cats was the highest drawing home and away fixture for the AFL last year (152,000 across both games), 2nd in 2013 (165,000) and 4th in 2012 (135,000). If they want to maximise crowds you can bet we'll get them twice next season (especially with the whole 3 flags v 3 flags BS going round at the moment)

That said I agree with you with respect to the sting in the Hawks v Cats games going out of the matches, we've rolled them in 3 out of 4 finals matches and are significantly better then them on the field these days its quickly becoming a bit of a meh match up in my eyes.

The season starts on the Easter long weekend next season so the only question is whether the Easter Monday game will be a home or away game?

2010 - Hawthorn home game
2011 - Hawthorn home game
2012 - Geelong home game
2013 - Hawthorn home game
2014 - Geelong home game
2015 - ????

The season starts on the Easter long weekend next season so the only question is whether the Easter Monday game will be a home or away game?

Since we are reigning (B2B) premiers we deserve a home game...so the AFL will make it an away game...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back