Injury 2015 Injury Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Was always worse than the 'soreness' they tried to pass it off as. He missed about a months worth of "1 week" injuries.
Same thing is happening to Jackson Ramsay at Pies. Been 2-3 weeks for about 10 weeks now at least! Shins are a bitch

Was told today Billings won't play again this year. Apparently carried symptoms all year hence why we didn't play him more midfield then what we did. Got worse so cotton wool time
10 weeks rest for 10 years production. I can live with that.

The most important thing for Billings is to manage his shins. Not too much running, focus on low impact cardio work. I imagine he'll be getting flogged in the pool and on the bike.

I'm not surprised with his injuries considering our head strength and conditioning coach is an ex runner and that's what Jack would've been doing and add to that he's not your natural mid so getting miles into his legs has brought upon injuries. He'll be better for it in the longterm tho, he's done the miles and much fitter. Keeping that fitness base is the easy part, it's getting to the high level which is the challenge.

Hey guys when will Billings be back from injury? And is it hamstring related ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys when will Billings be back from injury? And is it hamstring related ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
saints.com.au can answer that for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was told today Billings won't play again this year. Apparently carried symptoms all year hence why we didn't play him more midfield then what we did. Got worse so cotton wool time
Reporter: "do you put JB in cotton wool?"

Richo: "hes not in cotton wool when he's right to play he will play, and we think its important for jack to get back in the team, if we thought their was any chance of long term damage by rushing him back of coarse we wouldt do that…

we are still hoping for jack to come back through the VFL now given its been a fair while and we will give him every opportunity to get back in the team"

Last edited:
Reporter: "do you put JB in cotton wool?"

Richo: "hes not in cotton wool when he's right to play he will play, and we think its important for jack to get back in the team, if we thought their was any chance of long term damage by rushing him back of coarse we wouldt do that…

we are still hoping for jack to come back through the VFL now given its been a fair while and we will give him every opportunity to get back in the team"

Key word is hoping. Still out for 5 weeks on the injury report. I back the info I was told

Key word is hoping. Still out for 5 weeks on the injury report. I back the info I was told
richo sounded like he could be playing VFL in 2 weeks

your mail was bang on. thanks for sharing!!! makes the forum 10x better

should we be worried about billings injuries...

Thanks for this information. In my opinion, he is the most creative and talented player we have drafted since Dal Santo, with respect to BJ.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't concerned over his injuries, it's basically three seasons in a row since he didn't have a season ruined by injury. I love the kid, I know he will succeed but I just hope we see the best of him over a career.

Robbie Gray is a great example of a player with injuries who was played mainly as a forward, who eventually exploded into the midfield when he finally got over those injuries. Hartlett similar but transitioned from hbf.

Grimes and Trengrove, while they aren't fit to to tie Jacks shoelaces, are an example of what can happen to talented players if they can't get them right. Putting him in cotton wool is the right thing, I just hope we do the right thing for him so we can see him explode when we are challenging for a flag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back