Injury 2023 St Kilda Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just had a look at Dr Google, suggests even after surgery the recovery time is 6-8 weeks so unfortunately I doubt we see Dougal again this year...

What was the bone he broke and was it a fracture or a break? If it's just a fracture of one of the bigger bones, my son was in a cast for 4 weeks and allowed to resume normal stuff as soon as it came off. Pretty sure plates mean you can use it sooner too because it braces the area.

I thought Highmore did OK down back as an intercept mark when he last played seniors, but never really got a good run of consecutive games for whatever reason.
Highmore and Campbell not sighted at training this morning. Cordy training with the forwards. Question mark over who will replace Howard.

I think if he can't peel off and mark it, he's not that great at defending.
I think he will be one of the first players delisted at years end. Will he get picked up by another AFL club before final list lodgement for 2024, that'll be my only interest in Highmore, except for confirmation he is going out with Nicola Xenos. :D:D

What's the go with big james van es? is he out for the year injured? his not on the injury list. his instergram quote BRB (be right back) might indicate he is.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230801_191030_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230801_191030_Instagram.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After the way we started the year injury wise it's crazy to think that Seb could be a test next week (might come in, maybe gets a week in the VFL) with the only two injured being Jones (the new Hanners, basically perma-injured unfortunately) and DMac.

Poor Jones, I’d have thigh he might be extended for midfield depth with his burst but that might just be it for him

I can just see it now, DMac straight in for the GF.

The Saints will head into Round 23 buoyed by an injury-free weekend.

Following a VFL bye and a win against Richmond, the red, white and black did not see any new injuries added to the list.

Dougal Howard remains a few weeks away as he returns from wrist surgery, while return-to-play timeframes are still yet to be determined for Zak Jones and Dan McKenzie.

“It’s positive to have a stable injury list, especially at this time of year,” Acting General Manager of Football David Misson said.

“We’re continuing to monitor Zak and Dan as they work through their rehabilitation.

“While we’re hopeful they’ll make a return to play this season, we’re just taking it week by week.”

PLAYER INJURY ESTIMATED RETURN
Dougal Howard Wrist 2-3 weeks
Zak Jones Knee TBC
Dan McKenzie Calf TBC
James Van Es Ankle Season
Updated: Tuesday 15 August

Remove this Banner Ad

Back