2015 Lions Reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The off season must be too long, we seem to be hamming it up of late

I was thinking someone butter tag James North so he doesn't miss a thing.

I haven't seen anything else on it... Checked the website, but couldn't find it..

It's not that bad from the GC... 75 minutes maybe...

I'll leave at 4am to beat the traffic (Is it that bad??)

It depends on how bad the traffic is on the M1. Once you get on the Gateway it will be smooth sailing.

I will be up for the weekend 18 April - would those that know of Victoria point be able to let me know where that is in relation to Brisbane - thanks

I will be up for the weekend 18 April - would those that know of Victoria point be able to let me know where that is in relation to Brisbane - thanks
About a 35 minute drive if there's no traffic

empty-freeway.jpg

hahaha, I am pretty sure I drove that road last year...

Anybody heading back to Burpengary this Saturday for the ressies practise match?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anybody heading back to Burpengary this Saturday for the ressies practise match?
I plan to (just up the road), but don't expect much in the way of match reporting. Don't mean that too sound selfish or stingey, just that I'm no good at that stuff. If someone stands out I'll notice, but I'm a pretty hard marker and don't have much of an eye for the finer technicalities. Apart from that, I reckon I'll struggle to recognise half the team.:$ Some of the 'boys' stood next to me last week for a while. It took a while for me to overcome embarrassment enough to ask "who are you?". I explained I hadn't seen many photos of the new crop and Josh Watts was kind enough to introduce his team mates; Josh Clayton, Billy Evans and Matt Hammelman. It'll take me a few sightings to remember who's who.

I plan to (just up the road), but don't expect much in the way of match reporting. Don't mean that too sound selfish or stingey, just that I'm no good at that stuff. If someone stands out I'll notice, but I'm a pretty hard marker and don't have much of an eye for the finer technicalities. Apart from that, I reckon I'll struggle to recognise half the team.:$ Some of the 'boys' stood next to me last week for a while. It took a while for me to overcome embarrassment enough to ask "who are you?". I explained I hadn't seen many photos of the new crop and Josh Watts was kind enough to introduce his team mates; Josh Clayton, Billy Evans and Matt Hammelman. It'll take me a few sightings to remember who's who.
There goes your fanboi status. And we all thought you were an anorak.:D

I also struggle to remember player numbers. I hate when players change haircuts too, and I have to retrain my brain to recognise them.:straining:
That's senility dude. IS THE KETTLE ON!

Robbo still getting caught with the ball, but seems to have gained more strength and the ability to push his opponents off. Got away most times pretty well (don't recall getting pinged for HTB). I thought he played a bit more off HB flank, but it was one game with nearly a 3rd of the team being top ups. Wouldn't be surprised if being trialled there, but a defender is the last player you want caught HTB. He certainly had the strength to push some off and run the ball out a few times.
As Mr. Ripper mentioned, hardly a display of terrific footy, but first game for both teams, so yeah. A lot of scrappy stoppages. A lot. Good practise I suppose for clearances, but neither side very good at it today.
I don't think anyone embarrassed themselves though.
The common theme with our seniors prevailed here too, as the scoreboard shows, twice as many points as goals for the Lions. I suppose we can just be glad they're getting the opportunities to score.

As much as the game itself, I enjoy seeing the senior blokes turn up to watch; Stakes, Dawson, Robinson, Bundy, West, C. Hanley, not to mention greats Lethal and Micky Conlan. (Can't believe he's as cut as he was in his playing days).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back