2015 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I have just timed it (several times) from the point he takes possession of the football, to the point he drops the ball to kick it, and I get 0.7 seconds. I would suggest the time between him taking possession of the ball and being in the act of kicking was even less than 0.7 seconds.

Hayden Kennedy even said as you can see there wasn't a hell of a lot of time.
His 3 very small quick steps were required to kick the ball on his right foot.

So how much time do you think prior opportunity should be?
Can you quantify it?
Because even if you think 3 steps is enough, then I see many, many incidents every match where a player is tackled for longer and more steps and the umpires do not call holding the ball on the basis there was no prior. Players frequently do almost 360 degrees in a tackle and then handpass away and that most definitely takes longer than 0.7 seconds.

This makes me think of the one in our game where Fyfe gathers the ball for about 0.3 second, hardly has time to move, and is tackled by Kennedy and Fyfe loses possession and its paid holding it or incorrect disposal. In the last quarter I think, just in front of the interchange or slightly Sydney's way.

This makes me think of the one in our game where Fyfe gathers the ball for about 0.3 second, hardly has time to move, and is tackled by Kennedy and Fyfe loses possession and its paid holding it or incorrect disposal. In the last quarter I think, just in front of the interchange or slightly Sydney's way.

If it was anything like the rest of the match they were probably already tackling him before he gathered it.

If it was anything like the rest of the match they were probably already tackling him before he gathered it.

The amount of times this happens now is ridiculous. There needs to be some noise made about the sheer amount he is continually scragged. If he was playing for Geelong or someone similar there would be a commission. He is almost too strong in that he doesn't flop or go to ground easy so he doesn't get paid much.

Yep, that one was a shocker. The umpires, for whatever reason, seem to now be targeting Fyfe and pinging him at any opportunity, meanwhile they are allowing opposition players to hold and scrag him at will.
They are doing similar with Sandilands. Both players have Free Kick statistics in 2015 very different to previous years of their careers.
For example, Sandilands prior to 2015 had career statistics of 263 Frees For vs 183 Frees Against, then all of a sudden in 2015, his Frees For are 21 to Frees Against 23. Likewise Fyfe for 2015 has 23 For vs 41 Against, far worse than previous years.
Last year the Frees Against Freo topic was simply passed off by blaming Crowley for infringing when tagging. Now with Crowley not there to ping, they have moved their attention to other midfielders, namely, Sandilands & Fyfe (and Suban 19 For 33 Against, previously 116 vs 105).

Michael Prior on SEN. Can't see this audio anywhere else, so i'll post the link here.

I don't watch it every week, but is there always a weagles player as a guest on Footyfix? Do they every have Freo players?
I actually find they have more freo players than eagles. Three weeks in a row they had Neale, Haselby and then Mcpharlin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we all just ignoring the hack's article in today's paper? The one where he states definitively what our Pav WILL do? Personally I think it's all tripe and we will have a 350 gamer next year!

Are we all just ignoring the hack's article in today's paper? The one where he states definitively what our Pav WILL do? Personally I think it's all tripe and we will have a 350 gamer next year!

I don't think many people bother reading it these days because it's utter shite. I did read it today though, that certainly annoyed me but they redeemed themselves slightly with an article comparing Fyfe's form pre and post Mitchell knee.

Didn't get to read the article, but I liked Pav's reply:

12046864_1172195836129435_1314371858398185310_n.jpg

If anyone wants a nice Monday morning rage, check out the Access All Areas video on the AFL app where Gary Lyon says that the only ruckman in the comp who can nullify Nic Nat is Todd Goldstein ;)
Yep somehow sandi is still under rated league wide. I'd back sandi to beat either of those in the gf and do it with dominance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back