2015 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarke > Nic Nat

Good discussion topic though. I would consider Hurn and Kennedy.

The one thing that excited me about clarke was hearing RTB (i think on SEN) saying he has started to apply himself during the week mentally and to learning the game. That he has been good physically but has added to that.

Lets hope that with a run of good health we see consistent improvement.

I would more than consider hurn and kennedy... both seem like decent types too... well at least compared to most of their team mates!

Yeah I like them because they are ours. But as a long term replacement for sandi I would rather no marks nat tapping to fyfe et al.

As for hurn over a 31 year old duffield. He can kick as good as duff and is quicker. I think I would have more confidence in hurn one on one against the elite smalls also. Having said that, absolutely love when duff has the ball.

he may be 31 but he is exceptionally fit at the moment - his recovery from his pre season rib injury was proof of this. He has missed very few games due to injuries, which is amazing for someone who goes in so hard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was an interesting segment on AFL360 tonight with David King and Mark McClure involved.

The two games involving the likely final top four teams, Freo, Port, Sydney and Hawthorn, all teams won two quarters of football each.
The two winning sides were the sides that ran away with the game at the start. Won the first two quarters.
The panellists all agreed that at the level these four teams are at and against each other it is impossible to dominate a game for four quarters.
The winning strategy is get off to a flier and then change tactics to limit the opponent.

Of those four teams Freo, Port and Swans have played both the other clubs with Hawthorn having only played Port.

Last edited:
All he had to say was: "It's April. It's still April"

That is right except he didn't say that when talking about the real big winners, Melbourne, Footscray and Carlton. GWS got a platitude or two though.
Freo, got the curt it's only April remark, from the dinosaur after poking from Gerard.

Last edited:
I can't bring the link over on the phone but check out Damien barretts article for afl.com.au

Lyon doesn't play this kids - mixed with but there are great kids developing ending with. Lyon doesn't olay the kids unless they're another Nat Fyfe.

It's written in the positive... I think :)

There was an interesting segment on AFL360 tonight with David King and Mark McClure involved.

The two games involving the likely final top four teams, Freo, Port, Sydney and Hawthorn, all teams won two quarters of football each.
The two winning sides were the sides that ran away with the game at the start. Won the first two quarters.
The panellists all agreed that at the level these four teams are at and against each other it is impossible to dominate a game for four quarters.
The winning strategy is get off to a flier and then change tactics to limit the opponent.

Of those four teams Freo, Port and Swans have played both the other clubs with Hawthorn having only played Port.

I don't think people rated the win enough. sure the third term sucked but the rest was pretty masterful. The only concern I had coming out of the game was Walters form. But he will probably finish the season (if stats fit) with 40 plus goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back