Official Club Stuff 2015 Membership - target 60 000+ REACHED

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon the membership number has actually tipped over our record, but they want to announce it on Family Day.

They drew a random name in 2013 when we got to 40,000. The winner was a lady who had a disability and the car went to her carer who drives her around.
Probably the most deserving of the 40,000. I'd be ok with people nominating others for the award so it goes to more people in tough situations.

Last edited:
Probably the most deserving of the 40,000. I'd be ok with people nominating others for the award so it goes to more people in tough situations.

Like at North, where Boomer won the Mazda in a win for all sufferers of Midgetitis.

Collingwood do this to.. I was baffled at how quiet their fans are until they are winning when we played at the G last year. The loudest cheering came from the speaker system each goal

Lol. I've always (well AFL era) seen Collingwood as just as fake and franchise-y as the Clowns. Using media influence to brainwash idiots into thinking they're the "Man Utd of the AFL" when in reality they're almost as irrelevant as the other old "big four" these days. Those Vic clubs had the souls completely sapped out of them.

Lol. I've always (well AFL era) seen Collingwood as just as fake and franchise-y as the Clowns. Using media influence to brainwash idiots into thinking they're the "Man Utd of the AFL" when in reality they're almost as irrelevant as the other old "big four" these days. Those Vic clubs had the souls completely sapped out of them.
The least franchisey clubs are those that...
  1. Have a training ground that has been in use for a long time and was around when players were not paid substantially.
  2. Engage with their membership base on more than a superficial level.
  3. Engage with the local football community.

That's a big statement!
Don't agree.

Collingwood do this to.. I was baffled at how quiet their fans are until they are winning when we played at the G last year. The loudest cheering came from the speaker system each goal

That Holden ad that played over the big screen after Collingwood kicked a goal was annoying as f**k! A certain Port supporter behind me yelled "Oh, you're sponsored by a company that's about to go under. Good going Collingwood!"

That's a big statement!
Don't agree.

Hmm yes that is a shocking thing to say about any other club. I just mean that they seem to have wanted to get so big that they lost their community feel somewhere along the line. They seem to have the opposite of a tight-knit group and a good footy club culture down there, instead just 5x the amount of fancy equipment and sponsors as the rest of the league. I see us investing in people and the people investing in what's good for the club, they seem to be investing in anything and everything to get them to the top without worrying about the main thing, probably people and their character.

anyway this shouldn't be here.... this probably shouldn't be on the Port board :p

Last edited:
Does anyone know if I were to get an international membership pack (which really just gives you access to WatchAFL Global Pass), will my membership count towards the tally and will the money go to the club rather than the AFL?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know if I were to get an international membership pack (which really just gives you access to WatchAFL Global Pass), will my membership count towards the tally and will the money go to the club rather than the AFL?

Yes it does. I received mine recently. You still get your badge etc. The AFL recently announced what they consider a member worthy of being added to the tally. It is someone who spends $50 or more on the club membership. So international qualifies.

Will be good to see the annual membership boost from family day. :thumbsu:
Was around 400 last year. The jump a few days either side of the March 8th game last year.

March 5th 2014 - 43,711 ( +428 )
March 6th 2014 - 44,052 (+341)
March 7th 2014 - 44,368 (+316)
March 11th 2014 - 45,018 (+650)

March 12th 2014 - 45,296 ( +278 )
March 13th 2014 - 45,519 (+223)

+2 for memberships with me signing up a mate for a 21st present and the misses

lady at the front counter said they expect 2k jump from today!! I chuckled as surely that can't be right?

Yes it does. I received mine recently. You still get your badge etc. The AFL recently announced what they consider a member worthy of being added to the tally. It is someone who spends $50 or more on the club membership. So international qualifies.
Also, if you want to go for a larger package, the club has been nice enough to swap out my Magpies ticket for an international membership. Means that I get the best of both worlds. Thanks Ben. :)

10,000 ahead and 12 days behind on the pre-family day figures. Is anything going to stop us?

Only Ollie Wines could stop a tsunami in it's tracks. Thankfully, he is on our side.

10,000 ahead and 12 days behind on the pre-family day figures. Is anything going to stop us?

Gravity. It eventually stops everything.

2015members01032015.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back