2015 Membership Thread - Can we get 35,000

Remove this Banner Ad

I just remembered that last year was my 25th year of consecutive membership with the Bulldogs out of a total of 37 years. Just that one year in Perth(1989) as a West Coast member broke the chain. Next year could have been my 40th consecutive year. :(

I'll sign up again before the season starts and so will my cat, Lily. I also intend to sign up my near 90 year old mother once again after a lapse of a few years. I presume she'll be the oldest overseas Bulldog member then.:p

Good stuff Chicago, I think you just overlook 89 and treat it as a consecutive streak!

This is my 42nd year personally, plus two boys have been signed up for 10 and 7 respectively, so I'll claim that as 59 years... ;)

They come in all shapes and sizes.

One of my best mates was full of piss and bravado when we signed Toyd. Announced he was 'getting a membership this year now' after letting it lapse since the mid 00's.

Still hasn't got around to it as yet. Too many priorities apparently.

Don't think we gonna get that spike this year guys

Unless the next 2 NAB cups games are something completely out of the box

The membership graph could be depressing viewing unless we get 1000 more in the next four days. But what are the chances of that?
Don't the club usually have some kind of membership drive with players making phone calls & such?

I feel like normally that would have happened by now so maybe they're doing it later this year?

Don't the club usually have some kind of membership drive with players making phone calls & such?

I feel like normally that would have happened by now so maybe they're doing it later this year?
I think that happens late March... I had a call from Michael Talia a couple of seasons ago after he first got drafted. Sounded like a work experience kid, I didn't realise who it was till after the phone call.

I've never had such a call. That would be pretty good. They may well be doing it later as the season is starting later than usual. I have not thought of that. It is definitely possible that it will pick up as the immediacy of the start of the season crystallises in supporters minds. I certainly hope so. It is weird that St Kilda have gone so early in their membership drive. I wonder what will happen at the countings end, and which way of doing it proves to be most effective (If there's any dfference at all).

I've never had such a call. That would be pretty good. They may well be doing it later as the season is starting later than usual. I have not thought of that. It is definitely possible that it will pick up as the immediacy of the start of the season crystallises in supporters minds. I certainly hope so. It is weird that St Kilda have gone so early in their membership drive. I wonder what will happen at the countings end, and which way of doing it proves to be most effective (If there's any dfference at all).
You must be an early signer then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just signed four of my family up, three generations of Dogs, was told by the club that were 300+ up on this day last year, that's gotta be good news.

Currently sitting above 23,000. Still not great but better than shown on here.

BTW the club now offers memberships that I, a lifetime fan, can finally justify. If I cant get to a home game its been hard to justify signing on for 5 in the past, the sideline memberships may not add much to the clubs coffers but they offer an opportunity for those of us too frackin far away to show our support

(long time listener, first time caller......)

Also loving the Ballarat stuff the club has been doing! Has to be quite a few kids who will switch to the Doggies and buy memberships in a few years!

I just signed four of my family up, three generations of Dogs, was told by the club that were 300+ up on this day last year, that's gotta be good news.

BTW the club now offers memberships that I, a lifetime fan, can finally justify. If I cant get to a home game its been hard to justify signing on for 5 in the past, the sideline memberships may not add much to the clubs coffers but they offer an opportunity for those of us too frackin far away to show our support

Welcome mate ... wherever you are!

Can't find my membership card anywhere. Anyone know how long a replacement card takes to get?

Damn sorry to hear that mate. Yep your best bet is to call the membership department and see what they say. Not sure exactly how long.

Also loving the Ballarat stuff the club has been doing! Has to be quite a few kids who will switch to the Doggies and buy memberships in a few years!

Hopefully sign up a few at Eureka on the 14th - Barnesy, Hoodoo Gurus, James Reyne and Boom Crash Opera will be in town same day - can we sign them up?

Welcome! How outback are you Outback?

Hopefully sign up a few at Eureka on the 14th - Barnesy, Hoodoo Gurus, James Reyne and Boom Crash Opera will be in town same day - can we sign them up?
Really??! Wish I still lived near haha!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back