2015 Saints Memberships

Remove this Banner Ad

Throughout the existence of the modern membership scheme, it hasn't really been a good product to sell, particularly during lean times and in the "bubble" era; outside of the ability to attend games and the odd free piece of merchandise, there was practically nothing. Now that the club is becoming more active in social media ventures, and is beginning to create a greater relationship with the membership base, it's certainly becoming a more attractive prospect. I think that there are plenty of diehard supporters out there that haven't signed up, for various reasons, and they'll be the type who see the type of service we're receiving as members, and will be keen to sign up.

Well my dad who is a Geelong supporter is a St Kilda member. I was the first St Kilda supporter in my family and got my Mum (an old South supporter, who couldn't stomach following Sydney) and my sister on board. The four of us signed up for the first time in 2010 after we moved down from Queensland and haven't looked back since.

Security guards, moved fans on...I mean, really...bubble is too soft a term
I didnt follow football through most of the bubble period. What do you mean moved people on? Like from watching training at Moorabbin? I'd like to hear more examples of what the club was like in the Lyon era.

Only a trickle over the last week or so. Guess that's hardly surprising, as reality hits. I am sooooooo glad that Finnis got all those memberships in during the off-season! Saved our backsides.

Only a trickle over the last week or so. Guess that's hardly surprising, as reality hits. I am sooooooo glad that Finnis got all those memberships in during the off-season! Saved our backsides.

Even so I think we'd be trending right around where they expected. 33k might have been the "if we win all 3 of our first 4 games" type situation but 32k is right on the money imo. I think I did an analysis of some of the info (that article about retention rates) they released a while ago and came to around the 32-33k mark.

Even so I think we'd be trending right around where they expected. 33k might have been the "if we win all 3 of our first 4 games" type situation but 32k is right on the money imo. I think I did an analysis of some of the info (that article about retention rates) they released a while ago and came to around the 32-33k mark.
Yep, 300 memberships can be generated rather easily, even if they end up being somewhat artificial (ie, Matt Finnis' sister, brother, neighbours' cat, etc). We should get to 32K now. But without all that hard work before Christmas and in March, honestly, we'd probably be somewhere in the low 20s, which would be disastrous.

Didn't know where to put this, but currently at an Auskick clinic with my nephew and about 300 other kids in elsternwick. Not even going to lie, half the kids are in Hawks jumpers. Seen about 5 saints.

Probably should go in a poor parenting thread :p.

Hawks have been going well the last few years, saints haven't, they're kids.

Didn't know where to put this, but currently at an Auskick clinic with my nephew and about 300 other kids in elsternwick. Not even going to lie, half the kids are in Hawks jumpers. Seen about 5 saints.
We had our turn 5-10 years ago, just hope we can convert that into some members down the track. A flag would've done wonders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats only because they are little kids and their fashion sense hasnt kicked in yet. So they havnt realized how shithouse brown & yellow look together.

We've just started attending Aspendale. In our group, there's as many Saints as any other team. Carlton, Essendon and Melbourne also well represented. No Hawks and 1 Pie.

We've just started attending Aspendale. In our group, there's as many Saints as any other team. Carlton, Essendon and Melbourne also well represented. No Hawks and 1 Pie.

Surely we can turn some of those Carlton kids bevk from the dark side after another crap performance by them this weekend?? :D

Speaking ahead of the round seven clash with the Crows, Finnis said if the positive momentum continued the club could reach 35,000 members this year.

St Kilda is also breathing rare membership air with the retention of 2014 members hitting 90 per cent - the best of the Victorian clubs.

We'd need to upset quite a few teams for that to have any chance of happening. Snowball in hell.
Really, the only chance we have left for a significant rise in membership is the game against the Weagles two weeks' time. After that, the next series of games are either largely unwinnable (ie, Hawks) or against teams that, if the win against the Doggies didn't inspire people to become members, a win against the Lions or the Dees sure as heck won't.

If we beat Adelaide this week then release the plan for a move back to Linton Street, I wouldn't rule it out. But I can't see it happening.

But isn't it great that Finnis is setting such high targets and talks of momentum. Momentum in sponsorship, membership, player development, drafting, administration and off field activities. Love it all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back