Unofficial Preview 2015 NMFC Fixture Thread (full fixture PG11/post 256)

What should Roos do/request from 2015 fixture?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This is what I've heard on the grapevine...

Twice
Geelong (Etihad and Skilled)
Fremantle
Essendon
Richmond (MCG and Hobart)
Brisbane

Once
Hawthorn
Sydney
Port Adelaide
West Coast (H) Hobart
Adelaide (A)
Collingwood
Gold Coast (A)
Carlton
Western Bulldogs
GWS
Melbourne
St Kilda (H) Hobart

They are great double up games - only 2 top 6 teams, 2 middle and 1 bottom 6.

Andrew Newbold was just on radio.
Said you have a home game against Hawthorn in Tasmania.
And a return game against them at the MCG.

A Tasmanian 'home' game vs Hawthorn seems unlikely. I thought the AFL was reluctant to push the 'derby' angle between us and the Hawks down there.

A Tasmanian 'home' game vs Hawthorn seems unlikely. I thought the AFL was reluctant to push the 'derby' angle between us and the Hawks down there.
It would be a waste to play against any big drawing opponent in Tassie.

I'd like to play a home against at least two of Collingwood, Richmond, essendon, Carlton, or Hawthorn at the MCG.

The Tigers have pushed to play all 11 home games at the MCG since abandoning their home game in Cairns two years ago. Next year the AFL has at this stage scheduled Richmond for 10 home games at the 'G and just one – against North Melbourne – at Etihad Stadium, which could take place in the last home-and-away round of the season.

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news...way-games-at-mcg-in-2015-20141023-11at1h.html

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was hoping we would play them at the G, but oh well. I heard on the radio that we are likely to face either Richmond or Geelong in one of our Hobart games.

Was hoping we would play them at the G, but oh well. I heard on the radio that we are likely to face either Richmond or Geelong in one of our Hobart games.
That's just silly fixturing. We need to be playing one of GWS/GC up there, plus two of Freo/Adelaide/Port/WC

That way Tassie gets one average game and two pretty good ones. Doesn't need to be a Vic team.

That's just silly fixturing. We need to be playing one of GWS/GC up there, plus two of Freo/Adelaide/Port/WC

That way Tassie gets one average game and two pretty good ones. Doesn't need to be a Vic team.

I wouldn't be surprised if any new agreement has 1/3 teams being melbourne based. If thats the case then probably Melbourne/WB/Geelong are the best options. Sadly i doubt we get to play the demons twice this year - how many consecutive is it now? must be longest in the AFL?

I wouldn't be surprised if any new agreement has 1/3 teams being melbourne based. If thats the case then probably Melbourne/WB/Geelong are the best options. Sadly i doubt we get to play the demons twice this year - how many consecutive is it now? must be longest in the AFL?

We sit at 13 in a row. Hawthorn have beaten them the last 11 times.

We sit at 13 in a row. Hawthorn have beaten them the last 11 times.

The club record for wins in row against another team is 16 also against Melbourne. They beat us on April 3, 1976 and didn't beat us again until July 7, 1984. That's a total of 3017 days between Melbourne wins against us. Melbourne last beat us on August 20, 2006 - 2988 days ago. That means in 30 days time - November 24 - NMFC breaks a club record. The longest span of time between losses against a particular opponent!

The club record for wins in row against another team is 16 also against Melbourne. They beat us on April 3, 1976 and didn't beat us again until July 7, 1984. That's a total of 3017 days between Melbourne wins against us. Melbourne last beat us on August 20, 2006 - 2988 days ago. That means in 30 days time - November 24 - NMFC breaks a club record. The longest span of time between losses against a particular opponent!
Up all night on that one MM? ;)

Might as well send a Bulldogs or Saints down again though, doubt they would send Geelong since we just played in a Semi, but that's just what I heard.

Might as well send a Bulldogs or Saints down again though, doubt they would send Geelong since we just played in a Semi, but that's just what I heard.
Someone on the main board has Linked to a Mercury article suggesting we have asked for Richmond or Geelong.

Back