2015 Non-Crows AFL Discussion - Pt. 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would nominate New Order (hell, cheat slightly and include Joy Division to get it closer to 40 years).

And if I want to be a dick (and I have had enough beers now that I do) I could also nominate ...

Genesis

and single artists (OK not bands)
- Bob Dylan
- Neil Young
- Nick Cave
- Miles Davis (pretty much any jazz musician really since jazz changes so much with the times)

That is without even trying. I could probably find 100 more if I started looking at slightly less popular musicians.

(PS. I agree with Joy Division/New Order)

EDIT1: Sting
EDIT2: David Byrne
EDIT3: Brian Eno

These are not necessarily my taste but I regard musicians who find their niche and stagnate as just being whores. Art is about changing - not stagnating.

Last edited:

^^ Bowie too.

Also this 1966 GF might be the worst game of footy I've ever seen.

Seem strange watching it now because there was no out of bounds on the full nor deliberate back then so wasting time by deliberately getting the ball over the boundary line was a legitimate tactic.

Seem strange watching it now because there was no out of bounds on the full nor deliberate back then so wasting time by deliberately getting the ball over the boundary line was a legitimate tactic.
I think with the lack skills on display in this game it's hard to tell if someone is trying to kick it to a team mate, have a shot at goal or drill it out of bounds at any given moment.

I think with the lack skills on display in this game it's hard to tell if someone is trying to kick it to a team mate, have a shot at goal or drill it out of bounds at any given moment.

Seven have shown the 66 grand final on and off for the last 25 years, every time I see it I am continually underwhelmed.

The only things that are memorable about it are the margin and that it was St Kilda's only premiership other than that it's the worst standard grand final I have ever seen.

Last edited:
Seven have shown the 66 grand final on and off for the last 25 years, every time I see it I am continually underwhelmed.

The only things that are memorable about it are the margin and that it was St Kilda's only premiership other than that it's the worst standard grand final I have ever seen.

Wow..so you are saying there is an actual Cleveland Browns organization in the league. Go figure. ;)

Wow..so you are saying there is an actual Cleveland Browns organization in the league. Go figure. ;)

The Bulldogs have had less success in terms of making grand finals, but St Kilda have the record for finishing last (27 wooden spoons) compared to only 4 wooden spoons for the Bulldogs.

The Bulldogs have had less success in terms of making grand finals, but St Kilda have the record for finishing last (27 wooden spoons) compared to only 4 wooden spoons for the Bulldogs.

I knew the Saints stunk. Just hadn't realized they have been bageled so long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being shut out by your opponents without scoring

Yes...and in this case having no rings/championships for so long....with the exception of our Crows I am quite the expert in teams being bageled lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back