2015; Player X or Player Y or Player Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scrap Hodge, just too old for mine and body failing him.
Scrap Hibberd, had him all year last year so watched him closely. Goes missing for large parts of games. Even when he gets a touch doesn't always turn into points.

So.. Burgoyne or Jaensch. Flip a coin. Probably Jaensch, but I can't tell you why ;)
Hodge is only 31 and spent a fair chunk of last year filling gaps around the ground. If we have a clean run with injuries this year he'll push 100.

Sloane vs JPK vs Ward, and Fyfe vs Selwood (really who is more likely to drop in price)

Vs Andrew Swallow
Not too keen on Swallow. Don't think he has the same upside as others. The way NM midfield has improved around him in some ways puts a sort of artificial cap on his scoring potential. Is underpriced and could certainly do plenty worse. If he does prove me wrong, I won't be too proud to pick him up mid year.

Not too keen on Swallow. Don't think he has the same upside as others. The way NM midfield has improved around him in some ways puts a sort of artificial cap on his scoring potential. Is underpriced and could certainly do plenty worse. If he does prove me wrong, I won't be too proud to pick him up mid year.
Had 3 years scoring between 106-111 in 2010-2012 then got the achilles in 2013. Imo he's over it and is still Norths best clearance player.

Had 3 years scoring between 106-111 in 2010-2012 then got the achilles in 2013. Imo he's over it and is still Norths best clearance player.

Completely agree, not starting him myself at this stage. But for players around that 530-500k mark I'd have Wines > Cotchin > Swallow.

Hodge is only 31 and spent a fair chunk of last year filling gaps around the ground. If we have a clean run with injuries this year he'll push 100.

Hoping for a clean run of injuries is a long shot though. Hodge to Hawthorn is what Bartel is to Geelong, he can be used anywhere, and will be damaging anywhere.

Hawthorn will suffer injuries, but Hodge will have an impact wher ever he plays, the question is can he have more of an impact than last year, and is he going to be better than a 91 average. I think that is about right for him, might go up a little, but other players with more upside at his price imo.

Sloane vs JPK vs Ward, and Fyfe vs Selwood (really who is more likely to drop in price)

Sloane and Fyfe. Ward is a watch and see player, not sure how the continued improvement of the younger GWS mids and the inclusion of Griffen will affect him. JPK the same for me, just curious to see how the addition of Titch might affect the Sydney mids scoring, probably not at all, but better to be cautious with a 600+ player.

Selwood will have a dip at some point during the year, but overall he will end up back at the top. every year he has a patch of 2-4 games where he drops below 100, more than makes up for it at some point, but it can be annoying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steven and Selwood v Wines and Boak/Danger/Deledio/Redden/D. Swallow

Hey guys, playing around with a few things. Been contemplating a 0 superpremo midfield to start the season. I'm thinking there could be a lot of value in the <550k midfielders.

Beams, Van Berlo and Lids Vs B. Crouch, T. Adams and Swan

Hoping for a clean run of injuries is a long shot though. Hodge to Hawthorn is what Bartel is to Geelong, he can be used anywhere, and will be damaging anywhere.

Hawthorn will suffer injuries, but Hodge will have an impact wher ever he plays, the question is can he have more of an impact than last year, and is he going to be better than a 91 average. I think that is about right for him, might go up a little, but other players with more upside at his price imo.

Sloane and Fyfe. Ward is a watch and see player, not sure how the continued improvement of the younger GWS mids and the inclusion of Griffen will affect him. JPK the same for me, just curious to see how the addition of Titch might affect the Sydney mids scoring, probably not at all, but better to be cautious with a 600+ player.

Selwood will have a dip at some point during the year, but overall he will end up back at the top. every year he has a patch of 2-4 games where he drops below 100, more than makes up for it at some point, but it can be annoying.
There wont be too many backs averaging 100 this year anyway so what more improvement could you possibly expect from Hodge or any other backline player this year. If your shelling out just under 500k for a back that averages 91 I would be happy to take that

Jack Steven or Sam Mitchell?
You may find Sammy to get rested throughout the season, of course I don't know for certain but I think hawthorn are starting to plan for the next phase of younger guys, I think guys like Anderson, Hartung and Woodward will get more game time and a few of the older blokes might get rested a bit more.

There wont be too many backs averaging 100 this year anyway so what more improvement could you possibly expect from Hodge or any other backline player this year. If your shelling out just under 500k for a back that averages 91 I would be happy to take that

Agreed, but I think there might be a little more upside with someone of the younger guys in the same price range

Is T Mitchell likely to get games though. Spent a lot of time in the reserves last year and couldn't crack it for a game when he was fit and getting 50 touches a game in the twos

Yeah hence why I've gone off him. He's only played 18 games in his career, he burnt my last year have a feeling history will repeat itself.

Steven Motlop (Full pre-season under belt), Josh Caddy (Finished 2014 very strongly) or Cameron Guthrie (If not tagging will score well!)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back