Mega Thread 2015 Pre-Season Training Reports #ffcpreseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woohoo, just read the community camp is in Geraldton. I'll be able to give a training report!

Can someone please let me know what I should look to eat during said training session to improve my performance?

Vanilla slice and/or a sausage roll. Preferably both.

Cheers Salim. Agreed, Sheridan is one that needs to step up and become best 22 in my opinion.

Also agree, perfect setting for Sheridan (much like it has been) to step in to an already dominant midfield as 5th/6th best to feed and thrive off the likes of Fyfe, Mundy, Barlow, Hill et al.

Kinda make or break for him really.

write-up on Colin's progress
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-18/delayed-start-for-sylvia

Sylvia, who only managed six senior games in his first season as a Docker, had surgery to clean up his ankle and is unlikely to be back in full training until after Christmas.

His coach Ross Lyon told the club website in early November that Sylvia required the clean out, as the ankle issue had contributed to the quad, hamstring and calf injuries he had suffered during the year.

"(Sylvia) had an ankle impingement that was affecting his soft tissue because of range of movement," Lyon said.

"They (surgeons) removed what they needed to free up the range of movement. He’ll take a little while to get going but we’re optimistic he’ll be in full training post-Christmas."

The former Demon, 29, regularly battled injuries during his time at Melbourne. He played 157 games in red and blue before crossing to the Dockers as a free agent at the end of 2013 on a three-year deal.

Sylvia was on a modified program last pre-season and will again be carefully monitored once he officially returns to training with the rest of the squad on December 1.

AFL.com.au understands Sylvia began running last week and is moving relatively freely.

I don't think it is make or break for Sheridan.

We already have a bunch of young guys pushing for midfield time in Neale, Crozier and perhaps Sutcliffe, plus we have 2 small forwards who seem really keen to get a run through there. Morabito hopeful is going to come in, and most posters seem to have Sylvia as 50/50.

There is also Suban, de Boer and C Pearce who are all seasoned players, so even if injury creates an opportunity, Sheridan may not be the "in".

Perhaps the most "like for like" is D Pearce, but it would take a bit to force that change to happen.

Like you say, it is a perfect opportunity for him to step up, and I think his pre-season needs to be impeccable.

write-up on Colin's progress
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-18/delayed-start-for-sylvia

Sylvia, who only managed six senior games in his first season as a Docker, had surgery to clean up his ankle and is unlikely to be back in full training until after Christmas.

His coach Ross Lyon told the club website in early November that Sylvia required the clean out, as the ankle issue had contributed to the quad, hamstring and calf injuries he had suffered during the year.

"(Sylvia) had an ankle impingement that was affecting his soft tissue because of range of movement," Lyon said.

"They (surgeons) removed what they needed to free up the range of movement. He’ll take a little while to get going but we’re optimistic he’ll be in full training post-Christmas."

The former Demon, 29, regularly battled injuries during his time at Melbourne. He played 157 games in red and blue before crossing to the Dockers as a free agent at the end of 2013 on a three-year deal.

Sylvia was on a modified program last pre-season and will again be carefully monitored once he officially returns to training with the rest of the squad on December 1.

AFL.com.au understands Sylvia began running last week and is moving relatively freely.

God what a pointless waste of time this is. Cant he just retire like Jack Anthony. Modified program next year, 29, multiple separate injury issues, plays a position we have covered largely.

God what a pointless waste of time this is. Cant he just retire like Jack Anthony. Modified program next year, 29, multiple separate injury issues, plays a position we have covered largely.

But he is a good footy player.
This injury has probably gone undiagnosed and hindered him for seasons.
We should cut him some slack. He is a Docker.

Yes. Can't imagine having to run lap after lap on that ankle, let alone run all day in the midfield. Hope that explains some of his poor year.

Allegedly yes.

Cut it out.
We have just been told he has had corrective surgery. The problem has limited his movement severely for some time.
Everybody has seen him play some great footy in the past and it is likely this undiagnosed injury has constrained him for some time.
Becomes pretty tiring people bashing the bloke continually.

Cut it out.
We have just been told he has had corrective surgery. The problem has limited his movement severely for some time.
Everybody has seen him play some great footy in the past and it is likely this undiagnosed injury has constrained him for some time.
Becomes pretty tiring people bashing the bloke continually.

Being a talented footy player isn't the same thing as being a good one Fred. I'd like to see him play some quality, consistent footy for Freo before pumping up his tires.

Being a talented footy player isn't the same thing as being a good one Fred. I'd like to see him play some quality, consistent footy for Freo before pumping up his tires.
He is a 'good footy player' and has already proved that. His consistency and application on the other hand is a different story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is not a matter of pumping up tyres,
I just tire of people slashing his tyres.
At least give him the benefit of doubt in light of this corrective surgery.

Seems like an operation that should have happened half-way through the season.

It's all riding on maybes though, isn't it?
If we had gotten through Port and our injury list was as long as reported we might have needed Sylvia just to put up a competitive effort, having him sitting on the sidelines in rehab would have looked unfortunate at the time until the word came out that his operation could have been delayed.

Yeh we would have lost that game anyway.

Looks like the guys are doing their 3ks today away from Freo oval.

Just managed to catch a glimpse on the Freo instagram feed.

Top 3 finishing looked like T-Train, A.Pearce then Ballard.

Is T-Train Sheridan? I wouldnt mind if we promoted Ballard, rather than having four picks in draft. The kid has worked bloody hard since coming to the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back