Mega Thread 2015 Pre-Season Training Reports #ffcpreseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed the first half hour but stayed for the rest of the session
The only 1 to 4's missing where Neale and Sutcliffe
They all looked in great condition but you would expect that.
The footy's where out early with a bit of handball and kicking skills followed by goal shots
The irishman was OK apart from getting the ball to the boot,concentrated on the ball drop a little to long but as to be expected
The shuttle runs and lap runs where the interesting part of the proceedings with Pearce,Ballard and Tommy leading the way.
Pearce is looking in exceptional shape and seems to have grown .Standing in the group he stood out as the tallest
Apeness and Tanner Smith also looked in great shape
Grey struggled a little and Moller as like last years sessions struggled big time and was distanced in the runs
Walters was the stand out leading in the runs and continuing to work after every one had left the track
I mentioned to Sonny he would sleep well tonight and he replied he needed the extra work to run of the Doig and a wedding he went to on the weekend
Sonny is in incredible condition and surely must be in the leadership group this season.His work ethic is unmatched.
Nice to see Fred Ziffel down there.Fred mentioned it would have been nice to see Mora having a run even though he is not a 1-4
Have to agree with Fred although Mora is maybe still in recovery from his knee

The footy's where out early with a bit of handball and kicking skills followed by goal shots
The irishman was OK apart from getting the ball to the boot,concentrated on the ball drop a little to long but as to be expected
The shuttle runs and lap runs where the interesting part of the proceedings with Pearce,Ballard and Tommy leading the way.
Pearce is looking in exceptional shape and seems to have grown .Standing in the group he stood out as the tallest
Grey struggled a little and Moller as like last years sessions struggled big time and was distanced in the runs
Walters was the stand out leading in the runs and continuing to work after every one had left the track
I mentioned to Sonny he would sleep well tonight and he replied he needed the extra work to run of the Doig and a wedding he went to on the weekend
Sonny is in incredible condition and surely must be in the leadership group this season.His work ethic is unmatched.
Nice to see Fred Ziffel down there.Fred mentioned it would have been nice to see Mora having a run even though he is not a 1-4

was belly around as well? ;)

Was Bluey and Groundskeeper Pat there Salim?

Great write up. Excited for Tabs, Pearce, Apeman, Smith next season

If Mora can't run now, he never will. Probably should of been out there if 100% fit.

Walters is probably one of the most amazing individuals getting around at AFL level. Can't remember such a turn around and change of attitude from another player? I'm going to go as far as saying he will be Freo's most important player next season, he probably was this year.

Mora is entitled to a break.

Absolutely, no harm in that at all. Walters also entitled to a break.

Given the amount of time Mora has missed (not to mention being just a tad off AFL pace this season) I would of thought he'd want to get as much footy in to him as possible in preparation for 2015.

It's only day 1 though. I'd suspect a lot of the 5+ year players will trickle in before they're due back.

But don't mind me, I'm just selfish! Premiership chance is too close!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the club website

"Walters wasn't the only senior Docker to train on Monday. West Coast's entire squad turned up to the first full training session of their pre-season at UWA Sports park only to find Dockers trio Tendai Mzungu, Matt de Boer and Alex Silvagni running repeat 400s at the grass running track."

those three could probably take all the egirls on

Good stuff Salim. Reckon Pearce's potential is the reason why we didn't go the whole way to get Frawley, or any lesser free agent for that matter.

Question to the training watchers.

Does Moller look like he is giving 100% effort?

He has trained like this from the first season he was here so you would have to say yes.
He lacks any sort of tank.You dont like to write of such a young player but geez he just has to find improvement from somewhere.

Question to the training watchers.

Does Moller look like he is giving 100% effort?

Pretty hard to assess that as a casual observer. Looked like he was labouring pretty hard and guys like Sonny were dishing out a few words of encouragement. It's not like he was going through the motions or disinterested, he genuinely appears lacking in the endurance stakes.

Coming into his third year, at the end of which a call would be made on his career with the club, you'd think that Moller tried to address his shortcomings over the offseason. However, from the outside he still appears to have sub-par fitness and isn't really filling out. There's still time to turn it around, and yes talls take time develop, but the initial signs aren't great.

It's also only one session. Of which I only caught the tail end of. Mountains and molehills. Could have the flu for all I know! Fingers crossed for the kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back