News 2015 Saints Media Thread (please use player threads for player-specific news/articles)

Remove this Banner Ad

Our media department is brilliant. They're obviously constantly communication with reporters etc because I'm frequently hearing Saints related info on the radio. Just now as part of the news on SEN they had a line about Roo/Del/Lonie being back this week. I don't hear this sort of info as regularly with other clubs and pretty much never heard it about us a few years ago.

Kudos.

This week is about kick ins, this time with Lindsay Gilbee who looks like he's struggling to stay awake.

Can't help but laugh every time I see Gilbee because I always remember the story Luke Darcy told about Lindsay failing the concussion test despite not being concussed. :D:D

This week is about kick ins, this time with Lindsay Gilbee who looks like he's struggling to stay awake.

Can't help but laugh every time I see Gilbee because I always remember the story Luke Darcy told about Lindsay failing the concussion test despite not being concussed. :D:D

Love these videos. As someone who is still trying to learn to play footballl at 30yo there is some good advice in there on how to play in general and be more effective. Also good to see how our players play :)

http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/05/27/inspecting-the-foundations-how-is-the-st-kilda-build-coming/

Inspecting the foundations: How is the St Kilda build coming?

Since making the elimination final in 2011, and missing out on the final eight by losing to North Melbourne by five goals in 2012, the St Kilda Football Club has won just 11 of its 52 games of AFL football. That’s fewer than all but perennial rebuilders Melbourne (11), and fewer than both Greater Western Sydney (12) and the Gold Coast Suns (19).

To say it’s been a difficult period in the club’s history is a slight understatement.

But for long-suffering Saints fans, the lack of Ws on the board is reminiscent of their performances just over a decade ago. Between the 2000 and 2002 seasons, the Saints managed just 11 wins in the course of three tough years. Or there’s the 1980s, where the Saints were the perennial last-place finishers in the VFL.

For a team with a solitary premiership flag in more than 100 years of top level play, it must be an all-too-familiar feeling of hope and opportunity down at Seaford.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/05/27/inspecting-the-foundations-how-is-the-st-kilda-build-coming/

Since making the elimination final in 2011, and missing out on the final eight by losing to North Melbourne by five goals in 2012, the St Kilda Football Club has won just 11 of its 52 games of AFL football. That’s fewer than all but perennial rebuilders Melbourne (11), and fewer than both Greater Western Sydney (12) and the Gold Coast Suns (19).

To say it’s been a difficult period in the club’s history is a slight understatement.

But for long-suffering Saints fans, the lack of Ws on the board is reminiscent of their performances just over a decade ago. Between the 2000 and 2002 seasons, the Saints managed just 11 wins in the course of three tough years. Or there’s the 1980s, where the Saints were the perennial last-place finishers in the VFL.

For a team with a solitary premiership flag in more than 100 years of top level play, it must be an all-too-familiar feeling of hope and opportunity down at Seaford.
I read this last night, never knew mccartin was playing for casey :p:p

Edit: the editor must of changed it this morning because it's now sandy

Last edited:
I read this last night, never knew party mccartin was playing for casey :p:p

Edit: the editor must of changed it this morning because it's now sandy

Noticed that too, initially.

Also originally said he hadn't played yet.

What a piece of sh$t

That article is pretty good. But he does forget about Goddard towards the end - even though his point about us probably needing another KPD is correct (depending on how Lee goes imo).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matt Finniss on SEN

His numbers for games won are a bit iffy. Here's the real results:

Games won: 2013/2014/2015
Saints: 5/4/2 = 11
Dees: 2/4/3 = 9
GWS: 1/6/6 = 13
GC: 8/10/1 = 19

It always amazes me how often "experts" are wrong about our team.

Even putting aside St Kilda for a minute, it seems that a lot of the media just reiterate what has become common knowledge or popular opinion, rather than doing their own research and forming alternative viewpoints. Might just be me but from a pure writing perspective a lot of writers have only a very basic grasp on writing conventions and developing their own style. I know there are articles that are plain and news based, but even opinion pieces seem bland and cookie cutter.

Last edited:

great article

Well none of White, Wright, Saunders, Murdoch or Pierce have cemented their spot in our side and four of them haven't even played this year yet.

Nothing exactly an inaccurate comment.

They still have time no doubt though.
We brought in Hickey and Lee as well, given our draft picks and Hickey's success I don't see how you could call that a fizzer. Wright is just about best 22 imo too. I think to call it a fizzer this early on is definitely inaccurate, and that's coming from someone who doesn't rate Lee, Murdoch or Saunders at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back