Position 2015 SuperCoach defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelly was ok for first 3 games ~86 ave.

Heard on call that he had a baby son born during week - probably suffering lack of sleep for weekend game(?)

Was pretty horrid game for him.

JPK's missus had a baby 3 days before the game, he still knocked out a good score :D

I've got a spud ridden backline of:

DEF: Shaw, Gibson, Newnes, Oxley, Saad, McIntosh (Goodes, NBrown)

I'm most likely bringing in Krak and Tarrant this week which will give me 470k-500k.

After that I'll most likely go Goodes to either Rance/Hodge/Hibberd and hopefully upgrade a FWD but right now I'm sceptical of defenders.

After 4 rounds now who are we thinking will be the top 6-8 defenders for the year?

Im thinking:

-B Smith
-Rance
-Gibson
-Shaw
-Simpson
-Birchall
-Taylor
-Hibberd

Thoughts guys?

Newnes won't score well until weller is back to take the tagging jobs. And we (saints fans) have no idea when he's coming back but the expectation is, it isn't to long

Is the form of Savage and Roberton a concern for him to play a free style of game though? Cant have 3 flanks/wings all in attacking roles.

Is the form of Savage and Roberton a concern for him to play a free style of game though? Cant have 3 flanks/wings all in attacking roles.
wouldn't have thought so, the idea was he would play wing and float down back if savage got locked up, so newness would never get attention and be able to go where we need him most, but it just hasn't worked out the way we planned.

+ webster, dan mckenzie and acres all HB/wings are banging down the door getting in the best every week in the reserves so i doubt hell go back to the rebounding role

Why is everyone stressing about the backs?

SC is about the differentials.

The difference between your team and your opponents team. If all backs stink, you aren't worse off.

My advice would be to fill it with those who CAN go high, but don't rush to do so.

Having Hodge get 170 for me makes it a lot easier to forgive some other DEF who hacked it up in the same round.

I also don't understand the fascination with "the top 6 defenders" it needs to be "...the top 6 from this point on."

The difference between your team and your opponents team. If all backs stink, you aren't worse off.

My advice would be to fill it with those who CAN go high, but don't rush to do so.

Having Hodge get 170 for me makes it a lot easier to forgive some other DEF who hacked it up in the same round.

I also don't understand the fascination with "the top 6 defenders" it needs to be "...the top 6 from this point on."

backline of
Gibson Higgins lumber saad Oxley newnes McIntosh goddard
I know for a fact I only have 1 who will be top 6 from here on.
figure lumber and Higgins can be d5 d6
need to bring in 3 premos.
so thinking next week
newnes --->hibberd
Clarke----> McGovern via goddard mppt
will be much happier with defence then.

What is everyone's thoughts on Tom McDonald keeping this up? The guy is absolutely smashing it!

What is everyone's thoughts on Tom McDonald keeping this up? The guy is absolutely smashing it!

Kinda wishing I got on early.

He won't keep *this* high an average going, but he is a serious player, very much in that Rance (SC-loved) vein. He's ultra-fit, a very good one-on-one defender who gets a lot of possessions running off his man. Given the way SC rewards intercept possessions and so on, looks a solid pick now, a genius pick at his starting price.

Which Backs are we targeting for ROS value? Pittard, Gibbo, Hodge, Hooker, Brodie, McDonald, Rance, McGovern…..

Also, should I Trade Newnes or Goodes out? Do we still have faith in Newnes?
My current backs are terrible...... Shaw, Newnes, Oxley, Lamumba, McIntosh, Saad (Brown, Goodes).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes but not all backs stink at the same rate.

I stayed away because I thought he'd be a bit like Lynden Dunn from last year, but he's really looking the goods

Big call.

Name your top 6.
Pittard, Smith, Shaw, Hooker, Hodge, Birchall

Next 6 will be
Rance, Simpson, Hibberd, Houli, McGov, _______

Pittard, Smith, Shaw, Hooker, Hodge, Birchall

Next 6 will be
Rance, Simpson, Hibberd, Houli, McGov, _______
You rate Pittard ahead of Rance, Simpson and McGov ???

Big call. Love that you're backing your gut.

I prob be forced to get a defender either next week or the week after.
I went with 4/4 set up.
Should have enough to either upgrade one of K-mac or Ox.
I like the look of Gov hes marking is sublime.
Really hard to get a read on backman they all will have up and down weeks.
all of Gov,Birchall,Howe,BobMurphy,pittard are POD's atm.

Simpson just needs a decent score this week and the next and he'll be averaging 95+ Has a very good record against Collingwood & Brissy who are Carlton's next 2 opponents.
I always pick him usually, but don't have him yet. Will probably get him in, after Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back