Position 2015 SuperCoach rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smith is going to be an absolute beauty, bloke has plenty of mongrel about him. We got him at a steal at pick 60.

Smith hasn't been mentioned much on here other than me talking him up a little while ago. I can actually see him playing as a small forward for us in Rd1.

Smith hasn't been mentioned much on here other than me talking him up a little while ago. I can actually see him playing as a small forward for us in Rd1.
I think so too. Will play the Garlett role.

I think so too. Will play the Garlett role.

More the tackling defensive forward role that we lack. Spuds like Armfield used to play that role for us.

You might be right with Garlett gone and Yarran returning to halfback/wing last year.

The Hun dropped another Top SC Rookies piece (on the 31st, apologies if it's already been posted):

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/supercoach-2015-top-rookie-picks/story-fni5f3gz-1227203409617

20 Rooks to watch during the Pre-Season

NATHAN FREEMAN (Collingwood)

BLAINE BOEKHORST (Carlton)

ISAAC HEENEY (Sydney Swans)

BEN NEWTON (Melbourne)

JACK STEELE (GWS)

CALEB DANIEL (Western Bulldogs)

NATHAN KRAKOUER (Port Adelaide)

TIM MEMBREY (St Kilda)

SHANE BIGGS (Western Bulldogs)

AARON VANDENBERG (Melbourne)

KANE LAMBERT (Richmond)

HUGH GODDARD (St Kilda)

CHRISTIAN PETRACCA and ANGUS BRAYSHAW (Melbourne)

also keep an eye on...

PATRICK McCARTIN (St Kilda)

BEN LENNON (Richmond)

JAKE LEVER (Adelaide Crows)

TOUK MILLER (Gold Coast)

LIAM DAWSON (Brisbane Lions)

KANE LUCAS (West Coast)

Worth keeping an eye on Eliot Kavanaugh, He's had his best pre season yet and has finally changed his attitude re what he thinks he deserved in the past, He now understands that he needs to earn a game, make of break year for him i think.

I rate Kav at his best but don't think JS is high enough and is a big vest candidate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will fight it out with Jacobs as the most logical replacement for Levi Greenwood's spot. So yes, absolutely worth a look.
I tend to agree. Jacobs and Dumont fighting for one spot. Complicating things however are the Higgins and Waite additions. Have to find three spots in the team. Not sure how that plays out. And the vest then concerns me also...

I tend to agree. Jacobs and Dumont fighting for one spot. Complicating things however are the Higgins and Waite additions. Have to find three spots in the team. Not sure how that plays out. And the vest then concerns me also...
Although early on, higgins may take Aaron Mulletts role until he gets back in round 7. I dunno if he was first 22 at the end of last year though.

Mullett's going to have a late start to the season and Adams might well be finished as a best 22 regular. Bastinac might also be under some pressure if he can't turn around his 2014. Then there's Turner, who despite his great start is still by his own account aiming for more like 10+ games than 20+ (http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2015-02-03/turners-elite-mindset). There should be plenty of chances for Dumont to play. If he does, he's shown a knack for getting plenty of it in the VFL as well as getting forward a bit.

He went to Freo, I loved Weller till Freo picked him, it is genuinely the lost land for rookies

Similar problem with most top teams, hard for any young kid to break in, clubs look develop them a bit before throwing them in if they have the luxury to do so.

On the bright side though, it general gives us a few extra options the following year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back