Position 2015 SuperCoach rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's averaging 96 over 3 rounds after playing probably the two weakest ruck teams and Mark Jamar, who he got comprehensively beaten by despite Jamar being in quite possibly his last year. 100 average seems unlikely to me if he can't pump it up against weaker opposition.

So what?

Using that same logic:
Shane Mumford for example has played against:
*that old hack Jamar,
*that dud Longer,
*and Brodie Grundy
and is averaging sub 90.

Therefore he's no chance of averaging over 90 this year because he hasn't scored 150's against the duds?

So what?

Using that same logic:
*that old hack Jamar,
*that dud Longer,
*and Brodie Grundy
and is averaging sub 90.

Therefore he's no chance of averaging over 90 this year because he hasn't scored 150's against the duds?
Am I missing something? Mumford hasn't rucked against Brodie Grundy this year, we haven't even played GWS. Mumford rucked against Longer, Jamar and Pyke/Tippett.

Am I missing something? Mumford hasn't rucked against Brodie Grundy this year, we haven't even played GWS. Mumford rucked against Longer, Jamar and Pyke/Tippett.

What's interesting is that in the 1st 3 rounds of last year Mumford played against those same 3 teams (Sydney, St Kilda & Melbourne) and scored 132, 158 & 164 for a Rd3 average of 151. Not sure if it was against the same 3 ruckmen, but still you would have expected at least a 120 average after 3 rounds going by the opposition and his most recent scoring history against them.

So what?

Using that same logic:
*that old hack Jamar,
*that dud Longer,
*and Brodie Grundy
and is averaging sub 90.

Mumford's a proven performer. Smith is not.

So what?

Using that same logic:
*that old hack Jamar,
*that dud Longer,
*and Brodie Grundy
and is averaging sub 90.

^^this. Smith could average over 100. I just don't see it on everything he has shown over his career so far

Looks to me like everyone followed SCPaige's advice in that Rucks would benefit from this years change in scoring......Serves you all right LOL
Is this sarcastic? I've been reading this thread since it was made and I don't recall reading many, if any, posts suggesting that rucks would benefit from the change in the points system.

Is this sarcastic? I've been reading this thread since it was made and I don't recall reading many, if any, posts suggesting that rucks would benefit from the change in the points system.
Not one bit. It wasn't this thread either it was SCP. They initially thought that the hit out to advantage would improve ruck scoring and wrote an article stating just that. They eventually edited it after people questioned its worth.

Not one bit. It wasn't this thread either it was SCP. They initially thought that the hit out to advantage would improve ruck scoring and wrote an article stating just that. They eventually edited it after people questioned its worth.

That was because she had Jacobs scoring an extra 1000 points for the season, making him the basically better than Ablett ever was. Just laughable :rolleyes:

That was because she had Jacobs scoring an extra 1000 points for the season, making him the basically better than Ablett ever was. Just laughable :rolleyes:
Speaking of SCP, she must be devastated that N.Brown hasn't got close to his predicted 80 average, I just can't figure out what's happened to his game.

I don't understand what you meant by everyone followed their advice and it serves us right then, but anyway

Speaking of SCP, she must be devastated that N.Brown hasn't got close to his predicted 80 average, I just can't figure out what's happened to his game.

She should have a good stern chat with Wayne Carey and Nick Maxwell about all this information she has been receiving, its not making her look very good.

She should have a good stern chat with Wayne Carey and Nick Maxwell about all this information she has been receiving, its not making her look very good.
Maybe should get better sources, like players from the clubs or something. Oh wait...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand what you meant by everyone followed their advice and it serves us right then, but anyway
Yes sorry, that bit was a little sarcastic; however I still feel that those that went with Jacobs, Mumford or any other fully priced rucks and expected big scores like some have mentioned completely missed the brief. Fully priced rucks this season were always going to fall, especially those so reliant on points scored from hit outs. Goldstein was a great option because he wasn't fully priced and I expected his numbers would stay around about the same for the season taking into account his room to improve and the lower scoring ruck points.

NN was cheap enough to warrant taking a punt on, not so sure about Leuey as their were too many unknowns and his injury history should have warned many off. TBC was a difficult one. I had no intention on going near him due to his injury history but I know many who thought he'd score well as the lone ruck at Essendon. Maybe he's still finding his feet after no preseason, not sure.

Yes sorry, that bit was a little sarcastic; however I still feel that those that went with Jacobs, Mumford or any other fully priced rucks and expected big scores like some have mentioned completely missed the brief. Fully priced rucks this season were always going to fall, especially those so reliant on points scored from hit outs. Goldstein was a great option because he wasn't fully priced and I expected his numbers would stay around about the same for the season taking into account his room to improve and the lower scoring ruck points.

NN was cheap enough to warrant taking a punt on, not so sure about Leuey as their were too many unknowns and his injury history should have warned many off. TBC was a difficult one. I had no intention on going near him due to his injury history but I know many who thought he'd score well as the lone ruck at Essendon. Maybe he's still finding his feet after no preseason, not sure.
Fair enough. I went with Goldy and TBC FWIW. Goldy for the same reason you mentioned, and TBC for the lone ruck thing. I didn't think he would be a keeper, just make some money to trade him for one of the premos that inevitably were going to drop in price. Hopefully he can improve a bit though

I went Nic Nat, Luey and TBC in the forwards. I have traded Luey to Goldstein last week with money I made from Sutcliffe. Westhoff will stay for 22 weeks as I think he needs the whole season to average out ok. Lobbe not playing really stuffed that strategy.

They would NEVER do something so morally corrupt. Just the same as they wouldn't make false claims about Paige finishing in the top 100 three years in a row and then remove it later when the lie was exposed. They are a honourable bunch of people and wannabe respected journalists (??) who are happy to live and die by their words, tell the truth and back themselves in rather than try and alter history to make themselves look (??) better.

How dare you. Very disappointing comment.

:oops::oops:

This post belongs in the 'nailed it' thread. To us mere mortals you're sounding a bit smug

This post belongs in the 'nailed it' thread. To us mere mortals you're sounding a bit smug
It wasn't meant to sound like that, but I see your point.

It's more directed at those in here thinking they have been duped by picking guys like Mumford looking back at the start to their respective season last year under a completely different scoring system.

The thing is that when people make a bad selection they don't want to acknowledge it as a bad selection, they like to reference what ifs and maybes than take ownership of their problem.

One thing I've learned over the years playing SC is that unless you recognise the problem and take ownership of it early, you won't continue to progress up that leader board. You can never be too proud. We all make plenty of mistakes but there's ample opportunity to fix these.

It wasn't meant to sound like that, but I see your point.

It's more directed at those in here thinking they have been duped by picking guys like Mumford looking back at the start to their respective season last year under a completely different scoring system.

The thing is that when people make a bad selection they don't want to acknowledge it as a bad selection, they like to reference what ifs and maybes than take ownership of their problem.

One thing I've learned over the years playing SC is that unless you recognise the problem and take ownership of it early, you won't continue to progress up that leader board. You can never be too proud. We all make plenty of mistakes but there's ample opportunity to fix these.
Fair enough. Guess i just feel like a twat shelling out over 600k for dudford.

Mummys also what 150k+ more expensive than smith right? Thats a lot to pay for "proof" someone can score well in supercoach.
What was steph martins average before last year?

Also yep my bad- got grundy and pyke mixed up earlier. Point still stands though.
Smith is playing for his career this year, with nichols pressuring him to perform.
So far, so good.

Also, like the look of stef martin once he bottoms out- love a ruckman getting mid like possie counts.

Might end up jumping off smith in a few weeks and onto martin... You know- cos he's a proven scorer and all. :)

I went with Jacobs and Goldstein. Ranked comfortably inside the top 200 at the moment.

I expected reasonable scoring from both of them, justified so far, and I expected them to hold their spot in the team, and be durable.

We often say that each trade should net $100K I am hoping that my selections will avoid the inevitable carnage, in the form of donuts/forced trades that most other coaches will face.

Luenberger owners have been burnt already. I can't see Smith, Grundy or TBC playing out the season in the ones as the sole ruckman, I expect that Nicholls, Witts and Giles will all either share game time with Smith, Grundy and TBC or force them from the team at different stages. NicNat and Mumford have histories that suggest they will miss games. Maric and Minson, I didn't trust to score well. I'm not sure if there are other popular picks in the ruck, these are the ones I've heard most about.

Perhaps Goldstein and Jacobs will both be injured this round and these selections will derail my season, at the moment though, they aren't causing me any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back