List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offering long contracts seems to be the way to attract these free agents now. The club have made it clear that four years is the max they will offer.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-20/hawks-keep-it-short

Can we still lure high profile players away from their clubs? I certainly hope so...
Would love Rory Sloane at the Hawks.

You saying that because he's a Selwood or because you don't think he'd fit into our side?
He just isn't that good. Has had 1 pretty good season over there, 2012 I think.

I'd much rather look elsewhere than try and lure him, he will never be an A grader and would rather play our young mids ahead of him who have more potential.

He just isn't that good. Has had 1 pretty good season over there, 2012 I think.

I'd much rather look elsewhere than try and lure him, he will never be an A grader and would rather play our young mids ahead of him who have more potential.

2 good seasons. I guess the question is do you go with potential and hope it comes off or do you nab a 25 year old who has proven to be a good player but hasn't stepped up to the elite category. I'm happy the club are making these decisions and not me.

You saying that because he's a Selwood or because you don't think he'd fit into our side?

Scott Selwood is a tagger, plain & simple....We have more than enough blokes to fulfill this role in our side currently....Pass!

The better F/A targets are: Treloar, Sloane & Cotchin....Having said that, Treloar would be my first choice as I reckon both Sloane & Cotchin will both command way overs on the market, whereas Treloar could be had via a swap of players/Draft picks & cost us way less in terms of salary cap....Not to mention the fact he will have 5 more seasons left in him than Sloane & Cotchin, & will be every bit as good as them, if he isn't already!

What would people think of treloar for Isaac smith ?
I think what Smith offers (elite running and goals) is more valuable to us than what Treloar could offer at the moment (young, tough ball winner). What Smith offers is also a bit less common and hence harder to replace. Anderson and Woodward can offer what Treloar could offer us given game time and experience.

I also reckon Treloar is far more likely to want to return to Victoria than Smith is to return to NSW so I think we'd be able to get more from GWS or give up less to get that sort of deal done.

If that 2010 draft was to be re-done Isaac Smith would be in the top 5. I'd say the players from that draft who've performed better then Smith are Swallow, Prestia, Heppell and Parker. We took the gamble of picking up a 22 year year old with pick 19. Boy did it pay off. :D

If that 2010 draft was to be re-done Isaac Smith would be in the top 5. I'd say the players from that draft who've performed better then Smith are Swallow, Prestia, Heppell and Parker. We took the gamble of picking up a 22 year year old with pick 19. Boy did it pay off. :D
Parker has only come good relatively recently. Smith has been good since he debuted and got better each year.

Parker has only come good relatively recently. Smith has been good since he debuted and got better each year.

True. He didn't make his debut until Round 7 2011, but he's played 86/100 games. Only Jack Darling from that 2010 draft has played more games then Smith. It's amazing how durable a player he is considering he's lightly built for an AFL footballer but he's hardly ever had any injuries in his career so far.

I don't think we will have the cash to chase anybody,i think we are done for next season's free agency!

Our veterans will more then likely retire within the next two years or so and half of those veterans are in our top 10 highest paid players at the club. There's a chance 2015 may be Hale's last season and he's on a reasonable amount of money. I'm sure our club has another target in their sights.

I don't think we will have the cash to chase anybody,i think we are done for next season's free agency!

Maybe not a free agent, but to assume we will not be active in the trade period is to neglect our policy over these past 5 seasons....Lake, Hale & burgers cannot have much more left in the tank beyond 2015!

Maybe not a free agent, but to assume we will not be active in the trade period is to neglect our policy over these past 5 seasons....Lake, Hale & burgers cannot have much more left in the tank beyond 2015!
It is not so much a matter of how much is left in their tank, rather, how fast they can fill their tank and how fast and smooth their gears can turn.

Any of Dangerfield, Jones, Swallow, Grey, Cotchin, Rance or Stevens will do quite nicely.

If Jones leaves the Dees now after all the s**t he's put up with, I'll eat my hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back