Mega Thread 2015 Training Reports

ZacD did a full session with the main group last Thursday so he could be said to be out of the rehab group now.
The rehab group now stands at Alex and Mora.

Which is effectively non-existent as Alex is in Melbourne having surgery and Mora has been told to cease all training.

Anyone hear about Mayney going down with something at training today?

Channel 7 showed some footage of him doing some run throughs with some discomfort in his hip. Seeing as he kept doing them albeit grimacing a bit tells me it's nothing too serious. Maybe a corky from the weekend.

Channel 7 showed some footage of him doing some run throughs with some discomfort in his hip. Seeing as he kept doing them albeit grimacing a bit tells me it's nothing too serious. Maybe a corky from the weekend.

He did cop a corky on the weekend early in the game and got treatment for it.

Hope I'm not stealing any thunder (pardon the pun) from any of the usual training reporters but thought i'd chuck in my two bob for once.

Made it down to training this morning with the old man today, great day for it. Fair bit of media down but they didn't stick around that long.

Not a great deal to report out of the ordinary, but geez there were a lot of boys out on the track at the moment, great to see. Dawson was involved in everything with the main group and looked in good nick, can't be too far away now. After the bulk had headed back inside he was doing some light runs on the outer wing but seemed to be moving quite well, I would probably expect him to play Peel next weekend on today's showing.

Pretty casual session overall, a bit of emphasis on goal kicking for forwards and centre clearance work for the mids and rucks in the main group. A bit of match simulation involving both the seniors and magoos but that was pretty short lived, an emphasis again on run and spread and precise ball movement. RTB was fairly quiet so obviously liked what he saw.

To be honest I didn't pay a great deal of attention to the Peel group, although Tommy Sheridan stood out as looking pretty switched on and a level above the rest. Same could be said for Fyfe in the main group, the only one in white shorts for some reason (top trainer perhaps?? or maybe to stand out in stoppage drills??) and he dominated the clearance stuff with his usual pack bursting work.

Tanner Smith was the only one who seemed to be doing a little less than the others, half way through the session he switched to running half paced laps, didn't seem to be in any discomfort, perhaps is nursing a little niggle? I tend to doubt what the club says about injuries this year as they have form for deflection and misinformation regarding personnel, so not sure the concussion call on Apeness, Smith the last few weeks has been on the mark. Apeness in full training with the Peel group on a side note.

Creepy was nowhere to be seen, but he was the only player missing besides Mora and SCOS. He could have been inside but I would probably suggest he is already in Melbourne ahead of his hearing. In hindsight I didn't see Alex Pearce out there but I may have just missed him.

Besides what I've mentioned, Pav was doing some in close marking with Rog Hayden kicking at him full blast from about 3 metres away, marked everything and he and Elvis look a million bucks, but that is clear to see on game day. Fish Pub was the last bloke back inside besides Dawson and Tanner, he was doing some one on one work with Kirky, emphasising on sharking ruck taps and quick acceleration out of the area with quick hands back to Kirky, again another who looks a million bucks this year.

Hope I've done the training reports justice here!!

Hope I'm not stealing any thunder (pardon the pun) from any of the usual training reporters but thought i'd chuck in my two bob for once.

Made it down to training this morning with the old man today, great day for it. Fair bit of media down but they didn't stick around that long.

Not a great deal to report out of the ordinary, but geez there were a lot of boys out on the track at the moment, great to see. Dawson was involved in everything with the main group and looked in good nick, can't be too far away now. After the bulk had headed back inside he was doing some light runs on the outer wing but seemed to be moving quite well, I would probably expect him to play Peel next weekend on today's showing.

Pretty casual session overall, a bit of emphasis on goal kicking for forwards and centre clearance work for the mids and rucks in the main group. A bit of match simulation involving both the seniors and magoos but that was pretty short lived, an emphasis again on run and spread and precise ball movement. RTB was fairly quiet so obviously liked what he saw.

To be honest I didn't pay a great deal of attention to the Peel group, although Tommy Sheridan stood out as looking pretty switched on and a level above the rest. Same could be said for Fyfe in the main group, the only one in white shorts for some reason (top trainer perhaps?? or maybe to stand out in stoppage drills??) and he dominated the clearance stuff with his usual pack bursting work.

Tanner Smith was the only one who seemed to be doing a little less than the others, half way through the session he switched to running half paced laps, didn't seem to be in any discomfort, perhaps is nursing a little niggle? I tend to doubt what the club says about injuries this year as they have form for deflection and misinformation regarding personnel, so not sure the concussion call on Apeness, Smith the last few weeks has been on the mark. Apeness in full training with the Peel group on a side note.

Creepy was nowhere to be seen, but he was the only player missing besides Mora and SCOS. He could have been inside but I would probably suggest he is already in Melbourne ahead of his hearing. In hindsight I didn't see Alex Pearce out there but I may have just missed him.

Besides what I've mentioned, Pav was doing some in close marking with Rog Hayden kicking at him full blast from about 3 metres away, marked everything and he and Elvis look a million bucks, but that is clear to see on game day. Fish Pub was the last bloke back inside besides Dawson and Tanner, he was doing some one on one work with Kirky, emphasising on sharking ruck taps and quick acceleration out of the area with quick hands back to Kirky, again another who looks a million bucks this year.

You my friend are a deadset legend !!!

Brilliant report, cheers mate :)

Brilliant report, cheers mate :)
Thanks mate!! :$ Just happy to be a part of the team, give great effort and play my role ;)

Forgive me for voicing an insulting and baseless rumor built on nothing but wild conjecture and speculation (...probably a first for BF no doubt...) but does anyone else here besides me find that the TIMING of both:

- GU's confusing, continued absence from the team, and
- Col's sudden unexplained mid-game 'concussion' (and ejection from the club)

is a little bit suspicious?

Didn't somebody mention that Gu and Col were apparently seen having a 'discussion' on their way into the Peel change-rooms at half time during Col's last game?

Just a thought... most likely wrong... probably nothing in it...

Carry on.

(...yay Gu!...)

Last edited:
Forgive me for voicing an insulting and baseless rumor based on nothing but wild conjecture and speculation (...probably a first for BF no doubt...) but does anyone else here besides me suspect that the TIMING of both:

Didn't somebody mention that Gu and Col were apparently seen having a 'discussion' on their way into the Peel change-rooms at half time during Col's last game?

Carry on.

(...yay Gu!...)
You're not even the first one to have this thought, but it makes so much sense. Where there's smoke, there's fire

Forgive me for voicing an insulting and baseless rumor based on nothing but wild conjecture and speculation (...probably a first for BF no doubt...) but does anyone else here besides me suspect that the TIMING of both:

Carry on.

(...yay Gu!...)

Not sure what you're alluding to?

unless Gu leaked info to him that his days were very limited ( a few days away ) & maybe that prompted him to leave after 1/2 time.

unless Gu leaked info to him that his days were very limited ( a few days away ) & maybe that prompted him to leave after 1/2 time.

Why would he be privy to that information?

As much as we would like to think there was something else, I think our good form and playing melb has resulted in him being dropped to send a message about spots.

fwiw I correctly called that Gu would be left out this week in the team changes thread based on the vibes I got from Ross when discussing Gu in the media. He just seemed very keen to downplay that Gu was an automatic in when fit when asked about him.
I have no idea why but he certainly seems keen to give Suban, DeBoer and Pearce opportunity above other players on the fringes.

fwiw I correctly called that Gu would be left out this week in the team changes thread based on the vibes I got from Ross when discussing Gu in the media. He just seemed very keen to downplay that Gu was an automatic in when fit when asked about him.
I have no idea why but he certainly seems keen to give Suban, DeBoer and Pearce opportunity above other players on the fringes.

It's pretty simple really. The incumbents keep their spot if they fulfil their role, unless the player coming in can offer much more.

It's pretty simple really. The incumbents keep their spot if they fulfil their role, unless the player coming in can offer much more.

I could name a dozen times when that hasn't been true. Most notably Josh Simpson, who was dropped after 13 disposals and 5 tackles in a quarter of footy for an out of form and injured Chris Mayne.

Back