Mega Thread 2015 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

evans.jpg

Seeing as I have a day off tomorrow, does anyone know what time training might be tomorrow and if it will be at freo oval?

Seeing as I have a day off tomorrow, does anyone know what time training might be tomorrow and if it will be at freo oval?

Probably Subi. South Colts are at Freo at 12:45 so I doubt Freo will be training before hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought I'd bring this across from the pre-season training thread....

Popped in for maybe 15 mins
A few not on the park today - Clarke, Pav, Macca just to name a few - only counted maybe 30-35 out there
Sandi doing light work
Split into first and seconds team of what I saw. Interestingly Croz in the 2nds. Also Crowley out there also in the 2nds. Didn't think he was training with the group. Found it more interesting watching the 2nds team. At times, very messy but other times beautiful skills.
Both teams focusing on set plays, throw ins... defensive 1 on 2's.... kicks inside 50 to 2 on 1's... position kicking inside 50
Mz, Suban, Deboer, Clancee all out there in the 1st team. Couldn't see blakey or weller so I cant give any insight on where they will likely be this weekend. My tip is Peel

And Mayne is moving fine, no injury restriction and will play this weekend. I expect him, tabs and pav to be our tall forwards

Not a whole lot of watchers this morning. Good to say g'day to a team from Xavier College in Melbourne who came in to watch training.

Negatives

Taberner trained with the Peel group so I doubt if he's off to Melbourne.
Sheridan was on the track but did not join in either group. Spent a lot of time with one of the fitness guys. So probably out.
Silvagni was in the rooms. Reportedly should be ready in 2 weeks.
Dawson was a no show, but has apparently spent some time this week running.

Positives

Fyfe's one handed mark down low while running.
Some beautiful low hard passing into the forward line.
Mayne completing tghe full session.
Duffield showing up Mayne when kicking for goal from the boundary.
Pavlich being an absolute dead eye on set shots.

After an initial warm up the session consisted mainly of -
(a) Moving the ball out of the 50 with constructive passing.
(b) Moving the ball into the forward 50 with accurate passing-looking for the player right in front inside the 50.
RTB pulled them up on a lot of times when not satisfied withe the decision or execution.
Lots of kicking for goal from both set shots and snaps.

Overall a good sharp session.

Taberner trained with the Peel group so I doubt if he's off to Melbourne.
Sheridan was on the track but did not join in either group. Spent a lot of time with one of the fitness guys. So probably out.

I just want to see the full forward line with 2 talls + Mayne, the smallies and the resting ruck all together for a proper season game. Will it ever happen??

Pavlich being an absolute dead eye on set shots.
This makes me so happy! Pav's last year was a big worry, and a real concern considering how accurate he was early on in his career. I remember watching training a while ago (like... years and years ago :( ) where he spent time after training kicking from 55-60 out at different angles along the arc, and slotting every single one of them. I'm so glad he's sorting his issues out because he's got to be best in the competition when he's firing like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back