2nds 2016 Adelaide Crows SANFL season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whinge whinge whinge complain complain complain.
Indeed, I've heard enough on here about how bad the SANFL is, how unfair it is, how much some on here want to * it up, how irrelevant it is, how hard done Adelaide is and how important Adelaide is to the comp. In the end it's hard to sift the whinge from the arrogant chest beating.

Not if you factor in the SANFL sides that are kicked out by AFL reserves.
Look at South being knocked out by two full strength AFL teams 2/3 years. Hardly fair for them.
How did South go prior to the AFL teams coming in? They've been poorly performed forever. If anything this has been their best ever performing era.

Indeed, I've heard enough on here about how bad the SANFL is, how unfair it is, how much some on here want to **** it up, how irrelevant it is, how hard done Adelaide is and how important Adelaide is to the comp. In the end it's hard to sift the whinge from the arrogant chest beating.

The SANFL needs to move into the future. No matter the wishes of a few going to an 8 team competition will wipe out some SANFL clubs. AFL money will no longer make its way to the clubs in the way that it does now and all AFL teams could raid the SANFL for players for their reserve sides if a national competition takes place. Make no mistake, it was inevitable the old SANFL we all loved was going to die and the modern one we see today take its place. Plus you do know right that 80% of the SANFL players only play SANFL footy for a potential AFL contract.

SANFL clubs wonder why Crows fans are staying away from our reserves games? This is why.
Too many insecure SANFL supporters scared of a bunch of big scary 18-20 year olds dominating their competition lol
So from my quick calculations there was only 6, 20 years old or under.

The SANFL needs to move into the future. No matter the wishes of a few going to an 8 team competition will wipe out some SANFL clubs. AFL money will no longer make its way to the clubs in the way that it does now and all AFL teams could raid the SANFL for players for their reserve sides if a national competition takes place. Make no mistake, it was inevitable the old SANFL we all loved was going to die and the modern one we see today take its place. Plus you do know right that 80% of the SANFL players only play SANFL footy for a potential AFL contract.
I'm not advocating an 8 team comp, never have. I'm not delusional as to where the SANFL is in the football landscape. I fully accept, as does nearly every SANFL supporter, where our comp lies. People just want a fair playing field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not advocating an 8 team comp, never have. I'm not delusional as to where the SANFL is in the football landscape. I fully accept, as does nearly every SANFL supporter, where our comp lies. People just want a fair playing field.

It is fair. You do realise that SANFL clubs benefit from players being in AFL development. At the end of the year the crows will dump players back to other SANFL sides the same as other AFL clubs. Consider it a side benefit.

Two actually.
None from the AFL draft.
Your initial point is pretty redundant

I'll give you that, 2 players born in 1996.

My initial point is that I wouldn't feel comfortable attending an SANFL game with my Crows gear on. And you wouldn't want to make me feel comfortable at an SANFL game, so we can agree on that.

Not if you factor in the SANFL sides that are kicked out by AFL reserves.
Look at South being knocked out by two full strength AFL teams 2/3 years. Hardly fair for them.

LOL it's South, on field the're the closest thing that the SANFL has to Richmond.

Tthey clearly weren't good enough to knock your boys off in the Qualifying Final, they would have lost no matter who they were playing.

I'll give you that, 2 players born in 1996.

My initial point is that I wouldn't feel comfortable attending an SANFL game with my Crows gear on. And you wouldn't want to make me feel comfortable at an SANFL game, so we can agree on that.
WTF has that got to do with your initial assertion that your fielding a team largely made up of U20's?
I've got no desire to make anyone feel uncomfortable at the footy. Where do you make this up from?

LOL it's South, on field the're the closest thing that the SANFL has to Richmond.

Tthey clearly weren't good enough to knock your boys off in the Qualifying Final, they would have lost no matter who they were playing.
Again, bullshit. They faced a full strength AFL reserves side, far different from a CD, Sturt or North.

SANFL clubs wonder why Crows fans are staying away from our reserves games? This is why.
Too many insecure SANFL supporters scared of a bunch of big scary 18-20 year olds dominating their competition lol

no most don't care about the reserves team or there actually support a SANFL club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back