• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

ShinyMetal

Debutant
Aug 16, 2016
Tijuana
AFL Club
Sydney
Its the NRL's version of Carlton vs Essendon to decide to takes home the 2nd biggest prize of all after Origin.

The Sharks will be out for the first Premiership in the clubs history, only 3 years removed from their darkest hour when part of the playing group accepted guilty pleas for Doping and the coach was stood down for a year. While with the Storm they will be out for their 3rd official Premiership but their 5th Grand Final win following on from a period of salary cap cheating un-matched until Parramatta this year.

The emotion support will be with the Sharks to win their first Premiership, despite the Storm winning the Minor Premiership by beating the Sharks in the Final Round. It will be a tough close game.

Discussion here leading up, during and after the match.

Also check out each clubs supporter discussion thread which are stuck to the top of the forum to get a feeling what both group of supporters are thinking.

Enjoy the week

7.15pm AEDT is the stated kickoff time.

Holden Cup Grand Final (Penrith Panthers v Sydney Roosters) at 1.35pm AEDT and State Championship Grand Final (Illawarra Cutters v Burleigh Bears) at 3.40pm AEDT are on Nine/9Gem and Foxtel for those interested in watching more than one game.

Don't like either team but I'll probably go for Cronulla because the Melbourne media won't give their win much attention and my Facebook feed won't be full of "Well done Storm!! :D" from people who didn't watch a game all year.

Last edited:
Don't like either team but I'll probably go for Cronulla because the Melbourne media won't give their win much attention and my Facebook feed won't be full of "Well done Storm!! :D" from people who didn't watch a game all year.

I'm more worried about the dickheads who have suddenly jumped on the Storm bandwagon late in the season

You wouldn't even know the Storm are in the GF going by the Herald Sun.

Should be a good game.

Probably would have been different if GWS and sydney made the grand final cause wasnt that victoria's worst nightmare an all-sydney afl grand final.

With the dogs in it the focus will be on them all week i presume

Probably would have been different if GWS and sydney made the grand final cause wasnt that victoria's worst nightmare an all-sydney afl grand final.

AFL would've loved an all-Sydney grand final and being able to promote it in Sydney as such.

I get the pleasure of just seeing the Sydney media yet again treat us like dirt.

I live pretty close to the Shire so a win is a must.

been a Storm member for the last 5 years, so I'll be flying up Sunday morning for the big day.

cmon Melbourne!! ⚡⚡

would be a great send-off for Marika Koroibete

been a Storm member for the last 5 years, so I'll be flying up Sunday morning for the big day.

cmon Melbourne!! ⚡⚡

would be a great send-off for Marika Koroibete

Why would it be a good send off? Its not like he is retiring, he is pissing off to another code chasing money, I don't see it as a good story for him to win on his way out, better for the game he pisses off a loser...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would it be a good send off? Its not like he is retiring, he is pissing off to another code chasing money, I don't see it as a good story for him to win on his way out, better for the game he pisses off a loser...
Lol.

Flying from Adelaide to AFL Grand Final, wanted to fly Melbourne Sydney Sunday for Storm GF but flights are crazy now.

Go Storm.

The fact that the Tigers stole him from Union in the first place means nothing????
He has played ALL of his junior football as a union player.

10-year paid up member and flying up Sunday lunchtime and back Monday lunchtime.
Go you purple boys.
I hope we can catch up for a drink on Sunday. lol

I'm more worried about the dickheads who have suddenly jumped on the Storm bandwagon late in the season
There are just as many dickheads in Sydney who have jumped on Cronulla and the Sydney Swans.
Works both ways I guess.

You usually watch all the games don't you?
I'll be out on the grassed area having a can in the sunshine pregame.
Not in a hurry to watch all games this year. Would like to see Burleigh game. Won't get to ground until about 3pm

Not in a hurry to watch all games this year. Would like to see Burleigh game. Won't get to ground until about 3pm
I won't be there until 4pm I reckon.

This may well be one of the classics. I tipped the Storm but I just don't know.

For me it comes down to a few things. Will another Melbourne Premiership help the game in Victoria? Probably not. Could I cheer on a side with so many players who I just don't like? Probably not.

I think I'll enjoy this game more than a few others simply because I'm just not fussed who wins.

Back