2016 Rate My Team

Remove this Banner Ad

2cps07l.png

Really only interested in winning my league comp not overall that much

Haven't really given it much notice, my pre season starts when i buy my prospectus

but here is my first team for the year, done in probably 1hr

3rd of the 2nd DT team.JPG

Thoughts are really appreciated on this one, I'm not too sure how I feel about the team at this stage.

Def: K. Kolodjashnij, D. Rich, B. Smith, Aish, M. Hartley, K. Collins (Byrne, Broad)

Mid: Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Rockliff, B. Ellis, B. Crouch, Parish, Hopper, B. Kennedy (R. Davis, Jansen)

Ruck: S. Martin, Lobbe (Currie, Cox)

Fwd: D. Martin, Dahlhaus, Motlop, Greene, Kerridge, Cockatoo (Kommer, Ahern)

I have 30k left at this stage.

Thoughts are really appreciated on this one, I'm not too sure how I feel about the team at this stage.

Def: K. Kolodjashnij, D. Rich, B. Smith, Aish, M. Hartley, K. Collins (Byrne, Broad)

Mid: Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Rockliff, B. Ellis, B. Crouch, Parish, Hopper, B. Kennedy (R. Davis, Jansen)

Rich surely on the never again list after last season (or the season before?)
What makes Dangerfield appealing?

Like the Brandon Ellis call
Hopper will be a wait and see on time on ground stats and role, could be a big waste if he isn't a lock and playing midfield.

I actually don't mind the selection of Rich now, he is lesser known to the taggers these days, providing he rotates through the midfield I think he can up his scoring.

Watch his role and his PPM in the NAB though..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on my team so far?

Def: Shaw - Bartel - Duryea - Seedsman - Aish - Hibberd (Byrne - Hartley)

Mid: Ablett - Rockliff - Ward - O'Meara - B.Crouch - Polec - J.Anderson - Freeman (Gore - Sumner)

Ruck: Lobbe - Mumford (Currie - Cox)

Fwd: Barlow - Greene - Martin - Bird - Hrovat - Petrecca (Kommer - Lowden)

I also have 60k stashed away in the bank, Thanks

Mid: Ablett - Rockliff - Ward - O'Meara - B.Crouch - Polec - J.Anderson - Freeman (Gore - Sumner)

Looks good with a couple of very unique option. Personally i'm very much on the hypercharged Ruck Division train and think you will struggle without at least one of Martin or Goldy

I am wanting to create a top league filled with strong teams. If you think you’ll have a strong team please join.

Code is 9PV94XY7

Last year I did the same thing and we had a top 50 league keen for the same

I actually don't mind the selection of Rich now, he is lesser known to the taggers these days, providing he rotates through the midfield I think he can up his scoring.

Watch his role and his PPM in the NAB though..

It'll be a struggle to trust him, but if Rocky and Hanley can stay on the park it might help him a bit.

Some interesting left field selections there that I hadn't even contemplated like Duryea, Ward and Hrovat.
Not a big fan of Duryea as I think when the Hawks share it around as they do across HB and the wings, he seems to be not always included in that and doesn't get as much free pill as some others.
Ward is a no for mine as I think the younger mids from GWS will start to step up and take more load off him, the likes of of Sheil, Smith, Cogs, Greene etc, plus they will want to be playing Kelly and Steele in there sometimes too.

My team currently;
Def: Shaw, Laird, Yeo, Rosa, Fantasia, Hibberd (Hartley, Brown)

Mid: Ablett, Rocky, Parker, Sheil, Libba, Townsend, Anderson, Francis (Ahern, Jansen)

Rucks: Lobbe, Luey (Gorringe, Currie)

Fwd: Dusty, Z. Merrett, Buddy, Bird, Duggan, Yarren (Lamb, Kommer)

$90k in the bank

Those bolded I'm 80% on at the moment, can trade Francis, Goringe and Lamb in for rookie price players if they pop up and have another $240K to play with, maybe do that and trade Lobbe for Goldy, but currently think Lobbe will do well in the first 4-5 rounds and rise by $50k and Goldy will drop by about the same.

First attempt at 2016 team for If the Shuey fits (no doubt it will change) - $119,00 left over

BACKS: Boyd, Laird. Simpson, Salem, M. Brown (ESS), Adams (Josh Wagner, Broad)

MIDFIELDERS: Ablett, Rockliff, Parker, Patrick Cripps, Hopper, Petracca, David Cunningham, Gore (Mathieson, Tom Phillips)

RUCKS: Stefan Martin, Leuenberger (Loersch, Korcheck)

FORWARDS: Dustin Martin, Dahlhaus, Wingard, Shane Edwards, Laverde, Kerridge (Fitzpatrick, Kommer)

First attempt at 2016 team for If the Shuey fits (no doubt it will change) - $119,00 left over

BACKS: Boyd, Laird. Simpson, Salem, M. Brown (ESS), Adams (Josh Wagner, Broad)

MIDFIELDERS: Ablett, Rockliff, Parker, Patrick Cripps, Hopper, Petracca, David Cunningham, Gore (Mathieson, Tom Phillips)

RUCKS: Stefan Martin, Leuenberger (Loersch, Korcheck)

FORWARDS: Dustin Martin, Dahlhaus, Wingard, Shane Edwards, Laverde, Kerridge (Fitzpatrick, Kommer)

defence: I think your defence is a little week. Salem+Brown+Adams starting I would think would leak a lot of points early in the season. Personally upgrading salem to a KK/Yeo/premo would make it look stronger with your left over cash.

mids: Maybe 1/2 many rookies starting and I wouldn't pick Parker. He is my favourite player (He was my first chosen last year) but he has had some leg issues and is being managed over the pre-season (on going issues that can only be managed). I have a feeling he wont have a lot of midfield time early season. He is one to look out for in the NAB cup.

Rucks: in my opinion Martin is a lock and leuy is a risk some will take. Good set up.

Strong and different forward line. I reckon Dahl/Wingard/Edwards will all be unique. Maybe you can get some cash by downgrading kerridge to strengthen your mids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back