2016 Saints Memberships - 38,009 final AFL tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Gosh as a user of it, it's utterly terrible. Virtually impossible to get around.

basic web site design missing... like those high res images you can see maybe 5% of on a mobile device

i actually think its the worst official AFL website ive seen to date... which is really saying something, given how bloated the AFL website is

no doubt there will be back slapping all around going on about how good it is, instead of an honest frank discussion about how it managed to go live in such a state

I just got off the phone to them. I get the impression they're already starting to realise how utterly confusing the new site is.

Also, the Juniors are virtually invisible on the site - as you said, Chris, you find them only as an option under the more general membership options (which you're going to naturally assume are only for adults). They plan to have a specific area dedicated to Junior membership up soon, but they couldn't get it up before the deadline. I'm getting them to email me what's in the Junior package this year - will let you know as soon as I find out (because it's not up on the website anywhere yet).

I just got off the phone to them. I get the impression they're already starting to realise how utterly confusing the new site is.

Also, the Juniors are virtually invisible on the site - as you said, Chris, you find them only as an option under the more general membership options (which you're going to naturally assume are only for adults). They plan to have a specific area dedicated to Junior membership up soon, but they couldn't get it up before the deadline. I'm getting them to email me what's in the Junior package this year - will let you know as soon as I find out (because it's not up on the website anywhere yet).

great work perse!!!

great work perse!!!
All good man. :)

So, from the Membership Team:

Junior Members get
- Core Pack (Lanyard, 2016 Stickers)
- Choice Item (cap or scarf)
- Backpack
- Little soft footy
- Sticker sheet
- Temporary tattoo sheet
- Cap

Sad that they're not doing the bottles they did last year - they were awesome. But hey.

as a web developer the new membership site gives me the shudders. its really bad...
Ya gotta give it time mate.
They hung s**t on Atari E.T. when it first came out as well
original.png

and look how successful that turned out:drunk::drunk::drunk:

basic web site design missing... like those high res images you can see maybe 5% of on a mobile device

i actually think its the worst official AFL website ive seen to date... which is really saying something, given how bloated the AFL website is

no doubt there will be back slapping all around going on about how good it is, instead of an honest frank discussion about how it managed to go live in such a state
A couple of good UX guys wouldn't have gone amiss down at the Saints. Problem is it's usually very hard to sell the amount of UX effort required to make a good website to the people who are going to pay for it (hell it even looks ridiculous to me!).

It is very likely a contract job that unfortunately didnt get enough user testing before going live.

Its easy as s**t to get the final version signed off on in a controlled demonstration but that s**t dont fly once it hits enough actual users.

Easy enough to navigate on a desktop for mine.

I'm gonna let mine cancel though, because I contacted the club last year to send something so i can alter my membership, and I have nothing thus far, so they can chase me now if they want my money, because I want a dedicated seat so I can bring a pillow or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is very likely a contract job that unfortunately didnt get enough user testing before going live.

Its easy as s**t to get the final version signed off on in a controlled demonstration but that s**t dont fly once it hits enough actual users.

Even a big of minification of the HTML/JS/CSS might of been good too, site loads like dog balls!

Have let the dev know:

Last edited:
Even a big of minification of the HTML/JS/CSS might of been good too, site loads like dog balls!

Have let the dev know:
100/100 for UX apparently o_O.

Look, I'm not a web developer (do have to do a little bit from time to time though) or a UX guy but surely not... It's so hard to use and half the content is blocked by that weird letterbox thing at any one time.

So I mentioned that I really loved the water bottles they gave kids last year, and the membership girl said they still have a few lying around, and so she's posting them to me! Wow! How awesome is that?

Just looked at the mobile sites. Didn't find it too hard to read but defs hard to compare.

Does anyone know what classifies as country?

Got mine through. Only went to about 4 games last year so downgraded from the full VIC membership to the 3 game deal.

Called the club, spoke to a younger bloke (Nyle) and it was easy as.

No pushy sales, no desperation to keep me upgraded. Just rolled it over on the Easy Pay deal and away we go.

13 years consecutive now so I want to keep it going!

Just looked at the mobile sites. Didn't find it too hard to read but defs hard to compare.

Does anyone know what classifies as country?

Generally speaking anything about 40km away from Melbournes CBD when you're talking about Victoria, but in a membership sense it's listed in the T&C's (I swear I'm the only one that reads the bloody things) as 120km+ from Etihad. So pretty much you'd have to live beyond Bendigo up north;

• Country: Membership available to anyone over 15 years of age who resides 120kms or further from the home of the Saints - Etihad Stadium. Country Members receive priority access to purchase finals tickets in weeks 1-3 of the AFL Finals Series if St Kilda is a competing team.
  • Interstate: Membership available to anyone over 15 years of age who resides outside of the state of Victoria. Standard and Ultimate Interstate Members receive priority access to purchase finals tickets in Weeks 1-3 of the AFL Finals Series if St Kilda is a competing team. Ultimate Interstate Members are entitled to participate in the Priority One Grand Final Ballot if St Kilda is a competing team.
  • Little Saint: Membership available to children aged under 2 years as at 1 January 2016. The Little Saint membership does not provide access to games.
  • Little Toddler: Membership available to those aged between 2 and under 5 years of age as at 1 January 2016. The Little Toddler membership does not provide access to games, however, children aged under 5 years are able to attend AFL games free of charge as long as they do not occupy a seat. Should children under 5 years of age require a seat or if purchasing throughout the 2016 AFL Finals Series they will require a ticket to guarantee entry.
  • Saints Supporter: Membership for supporters who are unable to attend games. Please note that Saints Supporter Members are included in official membership numbers though they do not have access to games or finals entitlements.
  • Family: General Admission Family Memberships can include up to two adults and up to 4 juniors. Juniors must be between the ages of 5 and 15 years as at 1 January 2016 to be eligible. All members of the family must have the same membership category residing at the same address.

Generally speaking anything about 40km away from Melbournes CBD when you're talking about Victoria, but in a membership sense it's listed in the T&C's (I swear I'm the only one that reads the bloody things) as 120km+ from Etihad. So pretty much you'd have to live beyond Bendigo up north;
I was looking for it bit couldn't find it

Just recieved my membership cards ,
I usually pay in full but this year it looks like they have rapt me up into an easy pay thing .
Do I ignore this and ring club to pay in full like normal or is this not an option for 2016 .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back