Analysis 2016 Supercoach Discussion - Opposition Supporters Welcome

Which players from Richmond are locks in your Supercoach team?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Shane Yarran still in the rehab group for Freo. Looking like he will start the season in the reserves from what I have read.
Some interesting picks though, I'm liking it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reckon Yarran plays round 1. No point taking a 26 year old if he isn't in your best 22 from the outside, especially when you have an aging list.

Dea worth some thought - cheap backman.

"Both Simpkin and Dea are expected to play major roles for the Bombers in 2016."
"Dea is the reigning Richmond VFL best and fairest winner after a stellar season across half-back and will bolster the Essendon defence significantly"

Yarran also gets a mention- Expected to play HB ready for round 1

http://www.news.com.au/sport/breaki...s/news-story/756d926ac8258a604504d583f1ee9378

Deledio's calf? How has his pre season been?

I would be including him on the proviso that the injury is nothing more than a minor calf as reported. His preseason has been good and he's such a pro that a couple of weeks off won't make any difference to his season

Not much love for Houli here it seems. Any thoughts on how Yarran might effect him? Less attention from opposition teams or less of the pill if they use Yarran coming out of the back half. Plays 22 every year and will be top 5-10 total score in defense.
Hard to know until we see how they work together, could be either option or a bit of both. He will be a significant part of our backline either way but whether his average drops a bit as we look to be a bit less reliant on him remains to be seen. Definite upgrade target for mine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My current side:

B: Shaw, Yeo, B. Smith, Aish, M. Brown (ess), Otten (Dea, M. Brown (WC))
C: Ablett, Priddis, Gray, Rockliff, Libba, Conca, Kennedy, Trengove (Petracca, Cuningham, Mathieson)
R: Goldy, MArtin (Lowden)
F: Deledio, Montagna, Martin, B. Kennedy, C. Ellis, Kerridge (Sumner, Yarran)

Trengrove? Thats a bolt from the past. Assume you mean the Melbourne guy who nearly got to RFC. How is he going atm?

You have some left field options there which is interesting to see. While we are at it how is C Ellis and Sumner travelling atm? Any news ?

Hey guys,

Do you think Townsend can do another Miles and not only get games but get a heap of the ball?
It's very possible, we're looking for another midfield player between him and Moore, wait until NAB though

Good value. Conca tackles a lot and can hit the scoreboard. If he stays injury free he could be a bargain.

I loved 2013/14 Conca. Anyone know how his preseason has been? Over the injury issues?

Reciprocally - The Bont has had a very messy one so likely to ease into the year.... Cheers

From what I've heard it's probably been his best preseason to date.

Awesome he's in. I still think a big part of the Richmond supporter base who whip conca may get a very pleasant surprise this year. Wallis was denigrated by many on our board until last year. Then he grew wings and flew.

Jansen for Lions is a good one, you'd think.

Polkinghorne at Essendon has scored > 100s in the past. Other Dons I like are Dea (regular 25+ stats pig at VFL last year) and Morgan.

Devon Smith and Barlow in the fwds.

Seedsman training with the mids in Adelaide. I'm tossing up between Sloane and Wines.

A Walker a watch.

For Tiges, I don't get the Broad love. I'd be surprised if he plays at all, absent plenty of injuries

Castagna a possibility, but haven't heard much.

That ruck the Swans got from WC is pretty ordinary, so if he doesn't start well I'll be very tempted by Tippett.

Dusty, Lids and maybe CEllis from the Tiges for mine.

Jansen for Lions is a good one, you'd think.

Polkinghorne at Essendon has scored > 100s in the past. Other Dons I like are Dea (regular 25+ stats pig at VFL last year) and Morgan.

Devon Smith and Barlow in the fwds.

Seedsman training with the mids in Adelaide. I'm tossing up between Sloane and Wines.

A Walker a watch.

For Tiges, I don't get the Broad love. I'd be surprised if he plays at all, absent plenty of injuries

Castagna a possibility, but haven't heard much.

That ruck the Swans got from WC is pretty ordinary, so if he doesn't start well I'll be very tempted by Tippett.

Dusty, Lids and maybe CEllis from the Tiges for mine.

The Broad love is because he's a cheap mature rookie who was talked up by Dimma. If you recall Dimma talked up McIntosh this time last year and that mail was spot on. IMO he's exactly the type of player we need in the team as an upgrade on Batchelor and I get the feeling there's a reasonable chance of that happening. It's still very early though and the preseason comp will give us a better idea but in the mean time he's as good a pick as any as a rookie defender.

The Broad love is because he's a cheap mature rookie who was talked up by Dimma. If you recall Dimma talked up McIntosh this time last year and that mail was spot on. IMO he's exactly the type of player we need in the team as an upgrade on Batchelor and I get the feeling there's a reasonable chance of that happening. It's still very early though and the preseason comp will give us a better idea but in the mean time he's as good a pick as any as a rookie defender.

Sure, throw him in there for now, but I'd be amazed if he plays much, if at all. His kicking needs plenty of work, and from what I saw at a couple of trainings it was a real liability.

View attachment 213607

My team so far, pretty happy pending rookies form in the NAB
Very solid team, 15 potential keepers at the start depending on Seedsman and Libba.
Can't wait for the NAB Cup to see how everyone is going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back