2016 SuperCoach/DT/fantasy questions here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys, just seeing which player would be better to select for Supercoach out of Jansen & Keays/Mathieson?

It seems Keays is rated pretty highly on here.

Impossible to say until NAB. I've got all 3 in my current SC team. Positive that will change within a month although hopefully I'll be wrong and all 3 will look like instant superstars.

Impossible to say until NAB. I've got all 3 in my current SC team. Positive that will change within a month although hopefully I'll be wrong and all 3 will look like instant superstars.
Cheers :thumbsu:

I've currently got Jansen & Keays..

Cheers :thumbsu:

I've currently got Jansen & Keays..

Probably sound considering Mathieson is reputedly a very poor runner and we bat pretty deep in the midfield. There's talk from a solid source Jansen will start early and he could easily slot into the team based on midfield structure and Keays has shown he can contribute from the flank. Seemingly perfect to flow though the midfield from forward and used to playing against men. IMO most likely to start.

Probably sound considering Mathieson is reputedly a very poor runner and we bat pretty deep in the midfield. There's talk from a solid source Jansen will start early and he could easily slot into the team based on midfield structure and Keays has shown he can contribute from the flank. Seemingly perfect to flow though the midfield from forward and used to playing against men. IMO most likely to start.
Exactly my thoughts.

Heard Matho is killing it in match sim etc but obviously Keays is highly rated, tank etc & Jansen you've targeted, so I think it holds us in good stead lol

History says we don't wait too long to try out highly rated recruits. Leuey was skinny but played in his first season. I suspect Hipwood will get a go this year, injuries permitting, but probably late, so fantasy relevance is questionable.

Having read some things on your board recently, a few mentioned Rich being visibly hampered last season by injury and noticeable limping. Is this still the case this pre-season or is he looking in good nick?

Having read some things on your board recently, a few mentioned Rich being visibly hampered last season by injury and noticeable limping. Is this still the case this pre-season or is he looking in good nick?
Looks to be in good nick this year, last year was his first year off an ACL and I'm pretty sure he had a hip issue for most of the season too

Looks to be in good nick this year, last year was his first year off an ACL and I'm pretty sure he had a hip issue for most of the season too
Thanks for the reply guys. I'm assuming he's looked well and truly over the knee and hip issues?

Thanks for the reply guys. I'm assuming he's looked well and truly over the knee and hip issues?
yeah, I think it was something like bursitis in the hip, so should have come good over the off-season. Certainly looks like it as he has hardly missed a session

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly my thoughts.

Heard Matho is killing it in match sim etc but obviously Keays is highly rated, tank etc & Jansen you've targeted, so I think it holds us in good stead lol

Other thing to consider is, we've got West Coast in Perth first up. Even if he's brilliant in the match sim, is Perth the place to debut a guy not rated highly for his running? There's no sub vest anymore where you might have snuck him on late.

Assuming we have a pretty full squad to pick from come round 1, I'm finding it hard to picture a scenario where he virtually forces them to take him to Perth.

So, if others get picked (Jansen, Keays) and go ok, it might take some time for Matheison to get a shot.

Anyway lots of 'ifs' in there but that's my current read.

Still think out of those three that Jansen is the only probable starter in round 1.

A lot of that depends on Beams though, and any other injuries....

After today's game I think Matho overtakes Jansen & Keays, we will have to wait and see how he goes in the last two NAB cup games though. To me he seems a lock for a spot on my mids bench.

After today's game I think Matho overtakes Jansen & Keays, we will have to wait and see how he goes in the last two NAB cup games though. To me he seems a lock for a spot on my mids bench.

Have to agree....looked bloody good!

Loved that hard in and under work in the guts....impressive for a young guy.

Matho starts a lot of center bounces from HF. Think this is how he will be rotated and rested. Although come round 1 he is likely to go from the bench a bit too. Has been a stand out so far in intra clubs and in the first NAB game. Knows where to be, hunts the ball and wins it. He has played a bit of footy up forward, so playing from HF certainly won't hurt him. Showed he has a bit of skill and goal smarts kicking that nice banana goal v the Suns as well. Wasn't a very hard shot, but was well executed and he knew exactly how to compensate for the wind from that angle.

He isn't someone that will get lost playing along side our star players either. He starred in the last intra club game on the rookies team before being switched at half time, and he still stood out on the strong team. I don't think he will score a lot, but he will play a good amount of games, will be a handy player to have.

Keays will be similar i think. He certainly didnt' look out of place either, will play a good chunk of games as well. I like Jansen as a prospect, but i think he needs a solid season in the 2nds as a primary mid. Only coming into his 3rd year now IIRC, so plenty of time.

Hi guys, I noticed that a question about Daniel Rich was one of the first asked but no one answered it, then it was bumped and no one answered it.
You guys trying to play that card close to your chest or what? lol
So Rich plays midfield this year, is he still the first tagged? and what realistically can we expect from him given he has never topped 90 SC ave in a season before,I remember watching him in his rookie year and thinking this kid will be a star, turned into a good player but never really got to that level i expected, is this the year? really keen to get a few insiders detailed thoughts on him!
Thanks for having me and gl to the lions in 2016!

Under priced after a bad year last year, also playing back in the middle should help his scoring. Too hard to say what his avg will be though. He has never been able to be a consistent 25+ touches a game type player, and that is probably what he needs to be to push towards 100ppg.

Under priced after a bad year last year, also playing back in the middle should help his scoring. Too hard to say what his avg will be though. He has never been able to be a consistent 25+ touches a game type player, and that is probably what he needs to be to push towards 100ppg.

Cheers mate.

Howdy...How do you guys expect Harwood to go compared to others around his price in Fantasy?

I think he is priced well for what his output will be. Im not sold that he is in the best 22 though. He wouldnt be far off, but i would say him playing 22 games would be a stretch.

If not in the best 22 he is probably only 1 injury away.

Hey Guys,

Any news on where Claye Beams is at? Injury wise? Is he best 22 when fully fit?

Cheers in advance

Ready but will return through reserves. I'd say more best 25, definitely in the mix moreso than an automatic selection. From a fantasy perspective, I feel he's the sort of player who provides more to his real coach than to fantasy coaches - and probably a bit pricier than you'd like. If he can stay fit, he could be a decent pickup late in a draft competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back