2016 team (inc trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

When I see posts like Charlie Cameron, an integral member of our first 18, being replaced around R7 by our new re recruits - then yeah I will comment on such nonsense.

Just like you did:)
:eek: .....that would have to be an almighty joke ......or it was a Port poster choosing our best 22 side :rolleyes:

Mackay is the hands down consensus big footy whipping boy, but he keeps getting a gig...
He fell out of favour last season... but can he do the rabbit out of the hat and be there again in round 1?
this will be the single most important factor i will be looking for at the selection table for round 1 in my assessment of Pyke 2016...
no passengers on the bus please...

It's hard predicting a best 22. We've got so many improving guys around that 15-22nd selected. Then the trades, all with question marks and Gore a relative rookie. Then Milera might be ready to go. It's going to be hard to mount an argument against any inclusions apart from Dmac. I'm even comfortable with VB getting a couple of games to see where he's at. It really is only Dmac that shouldn't be in contention.

Mackay is the hands down consensus big footy whipping boy, but he keeps getting a gig...
He fell out of favour last season... but can he do the rabbit out of the hat and be there again in round 1?
this will be the single most important factor i will be looking for at the selection table for round 1 in my assessment of Pyke 2016...
If Mackay gets picked ......Six (6) .....yep Six (6) coaches can't all be wrong

Maybe just maybe some (alot) of BF posters may (could) (are) (definitely) WRONG :cool:

It's hard predicting a best 22. We've got so many improving guys around that 15-22nd selected. Then the trades, all with question marks and Gore a relative rookie. Then Milera might be ready to go. It's going to be hard to mount an argument against any inclusions apart from Dmac. I'm even comfortable with VB getting a couple of games to see where he's at. It really is only Dmac that shouldn't be in contention.

How can Mackay reinvent himself?
as far as i can see his only asset is top end speed?

Maybe just maybe some (alot) of BF posters may (could) (are) (definitely) WRONG :cool:

Mackay post career will be as a hypontist...

"look into my eyes, you are getting very sleepy.... pick Davy Mackay... when i click my fingers you can wake up"

These aren't the same coaches who have him at about 25th in the B&F on a per game basis? They select him because he theoretically provides pace, but we know it not to be true as do they based on their own voting. And of course a bunch of failed coaches could all be wrong. Sadly we never found out for certain who Walshy was referring to in the BNE after match presser. But seeing VB, Wright and Dmac were all dropped soon after I'm happy to presume that Walsh had worked Dmac out.

These aren't the same coaches who have him at about 25th in the B&F on a per game basis? They select him because he theoretically provides pace, but we know it not to be true as do they based on their own voting. And of course a bunch of failed coaches could all be wrong. Sadly we never found out for certain who Walshy was referring to in the BNE after match presser. But seeing VB, Wright and Dmac were all dropped soon after I'm happy to presume that Walsh had worked Dmac out.
Odds are the same as Mackay winning the Brownlow ...that they were all wrong ???

Nope

upload_2016-1-23_11-56-38.png upload_2016-1-23_11-56-56.png upload_2016-1-23_11-57-13.png

upload_2016-1-23_11-57-30.png upload_2016-1-23_11-57-53.png upload_2016-1-23_11-58-8.png

Was just thinking a bit more about this. I doubt even his greatest detractors would argue that he shouldn't have been selected by Craig. He was young, was playing well and seemingly had scope for improvement. Then it's Bickley an interim coach and then Sando, who you must hold on high regard. Walshy only had half a season and then another interim in Campo who dropped him and made what is clearly a huge blunder in bringing him back. So stating 6 coaches as your evidence against the better judges is pretty misleading.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always remember a few interviews last year one with Walsh and one with Camporeale about MacKay both making pains to tell us that he is one of the best players for following team rules, to the level of sacrificing his own game,
Maybe he's a coach favourite because of this, All coaches need a player who understands there game plan and follows it,
This year it will be different as Pyke wants a bit of independent flair, so maybe he surprises us.

Personally and it on record (not here), I was in favour of trading him a few ago with Vince, his value was higher and there was a couple of good kids floating around in that draft.

I always remember a few interviews last year one with Walsh and one with Camporeale about MacKay both making pains to tell us that he is one of the best players for following team rules, to the level of sacrificing his own game,
Maybe he's a coach favourite because of this, All coaches need a player who understands there game plan and follows it,
This year it will be different as Pyke wants a bit of independent flair, so maybe he surprises us.

Personally and it on record (not here), I was in favour of trading him a few ago with Vince, his value was higher and there was a couple of good kids floating around in that draft.

Odd that he polls so poorly in the b&f if he's performing his role so well.

Odd that he polls so poorly in the b&f if he's performing his role so well.
Like I said I would have traded him 2 years ago, But the interview were on the back of some disgruntled comments appearing about him.
Be interesting to see how he goes this year away from the defensive role. If he perform on the training track he deserves a game or two, If not he some one better does, Crows have more depth this year in the roles he plays. So he needs something special to get more than 5 games has he got, Personally I don't think so.

This year there is some decent outside competition so he will need to really earn it!

Last edited:
Like I said I would have traded him 2 years ago, But the interview were on the back of some disgruntled comments appearing about him.
Be interesting to see how he goes this year away from the defensive role. If he perform on the training track he deserves a game or two, If not he some one better does, Crows have more depth this year in the roles he plays. So he needs something special to get more than 5 games has he got, Personally I don't think so.
Noble came out and defended Wright and DMack and made up the non-statistical role, a couple of weeks later both were dropped and Wright delisted. Had DMack not been on the "as far as the eye can see contract" who knows where he would be now but I dare say since we've loaded up on runners and he let the side down in the finals, it's not hard to guess.

Walsh threw no one under the bus publicly, but behind closed doors it's obvious what happened.

Noble came out and defended Wright and DMack and made up the non-statistical role, a couple of weeks later both were dropped and Wright delisted. Had DMack not been on the "as far as the eye can see contract" who knows where he would be now but I dare say since we've loaded up on runners and he let the side down in the finals, it's not hard to guess.

Walsh threw no one under the bus publicly, but behind closed doors it's obvious what happened.
DMack safe for for 2 years unless they trade, And this year the Crows have enough options in defence not to use him there, So he has the chance to play in his favoured wing forward spot. With competition if he make the team he will need to perform because unlike previous times he has competition.

DMack safe for for 2 years unless they trade, And this year the Crows have enough options in defence not to use him there, So he has the chance to play in his favoured wing forward spot. With competition if he make the team he will need to perform because unlike previous times he has competition.
Unfortunately it's 3 more years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back