Universal Love 2016 Team photo day

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The yellow is worse, doesn't look like the colours have been corrected at all.

Next year's campaign #ReturnTheColours

How is this AFL approved? Imagine if Carlton's blue was changed to royal blue instead of navy?

How the yellow should look is perfectly displayed in this photo

View attachment 213721

You do realise there is a difference because of the lighting and the two materials the light is bouncing off?

First, look at Milera's legs and then at his upper body. He is very tanned on this legs in contrast, so there is a lot of light going on his upperbody. That causes some change in colour from a small camera taking that image as opposed to the dslr in the other photographers hand. Second, metal and material reflect light in different ways.

The yellow wasn't as bad as I had seen from comments in here when I saw them in store on the weekend and that photo is distorted because of the lighting being used, the angle the photo was taken from, and the quality of camera it would have been taken with.

You do realise there is a difference because of the lighting and the two materials the light is bouncing off?

First, look at Milera's legs and then at his upper body. He is very tanned on this legs in contrast, so there is a lot of light going on his upperbody. That causes some change in colour from a small camera taking that image as opposed to the dslr in the other photographers hand. Second, metal and material reflect light in different ways.

The yellow wasn't as bad as I had seen from comments in here when I saw them in store on the weekend and that photo is distorted because of the lighting being used, the angle the photo was taken from, and the quality of camera it would have been taken with.
No thanks .......Hank has a point re the background ......and your point on the affects of lighting is also correct ......IMO this is a deliberate decision by the club to have a softer yellow rather than the Kodak Gold

Definitely light and camera quality has a huge impact, but I reckon if you have two yellows in exactly the same shot it's a reasonable comparison. Even considering the different materials.

The replicas have always been better in regards to colour in comparison to the player jumpers.

No doubt other photos from today of the jumpers make the colours stand out more, but they still look washed out to me.

Definitely light and camera quality has a huge impact, but I reckon if you have two yellows in exactly the same shot it's a reasonable comparison. Even considering the different materials.

The replicas have always been better in regards to colour in comparison to the player jumpers.

No doubt other photos from today of the jumpers make the colours stand out more, but they still look washed out to me.
The Guernsey is yellow .....the background is Gold

upload_2016-2-9_17-39-1.png This is (Pantone 123) .....always been referred as Kodak Gold

Think the Guernsey should be the yellow ....(Pantone 116c)
upload_2016-2-9_17-41-44.png

The Guernsey is yellow .....the background is Gold

View attachment 213738 This is (Pantone 123) .....always been referred as Kodak Gold

Think the Guernsey should be the yellow ....(Pantone 116c)
View attachment 213739

Yep the door is probably too strong.

I think our puma jumpers had the perfect colour scheme. Plenty of colour, navy was dark, yellow stood out without being orange. Not necessarily the best template or design but the colours were spot on.

The washed out yellow annoys me so much

Remove this Banner Ad

Back