Universal Love 2016 Team photo day

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll have to see the colours live ... but would you rather:
(A) the original colours without the hoops
(B) the hoops with non-original colours

... and yes I know there is an option (C) of hoops with the original colours, but that isn't the question I am asking.

Personally - I will take what we have this year over any of the non-hoop designs, PLUS we have a really good clash strip this year.

... and yes I know there is an option (C) of hoops with the original colours, but that isn't the question I am asking.

Personally - I will take what we have this year over any of the non-hoop designs, PLUS we have a really good clash strip this year.
colours FAR more important in my opinion, but there's no reason to have to choose.

Got a taste of the guernseys in the sunlight today. Whatever lighting made the yellow look shitty on photo day must have also been used to illuminate Footy Park today.

ll5UeoH.jpg

I'm going against the grain here, but I like the Guernsey colours. It's Modern. I understand the history and what it should look like traditionally, but I really just like the look of it. To me, the darker colours can end up looking a bit tacky. I can't help my heart. In the end, I'll be happy to see my boys bring the premiership cup home in any jumper!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm finding it hard to believe that there is so much discussion and energy given to a bloody colour....
Seriously

I can't understand how it has oxygen to begin with. These are the colours, this is the style, if you can't make it like that then you're in the wrong game, thanks for dropping by. It should be fixed, it shouldn't change, it should be enshrined in our constitution. There's plenty of opportunity to sell products with the various specialty rounds, training versions and new clash strip every year. Just leave the effing Guernsey the foock alone.

I see the colours as washed out in the photos - but the look is growing on me. They almost look retro.

55832-adelaide-crows-2016-mens-on-field-home-guernsey-1000.jpg

After checking out the long sleeve woollen version on the Crows Store, there is a difference and the image below is pretty much as I expect a Crows guernsey to look like. Think I might get myself one of these to wear in the Tassie winter - although $250 is steep, if I package it with a Crows Digital membership and the 10% off apparel it would be $335 all up - about as much as I can support my team from down here :)

54661-adelaide-crows-mens-long-sleeve-wool-jumper-1000.jpg

That woolen jumper is all sorts of terrible. The back has hoops at the top where the number should go. You'd think for that much, they'd at least get it right. Makes the BLK design team from last year look inspired.

54660-adelaide-crows-mens-long-sleeve-wool-jumper-2000.jpg

After checking out the long sleeve woollen version on the Crows Store, there is a difference and the image below is pretty much as I expect a Crows guernsey to look like. Think I might get myself one of these to wear in the Tassie winter - although $250 is steep, if I package it with a Crows Digital membership and the 10% off apparel it would be $335 all up - about as much as I can support my team from down here :)

54661-adelaide-crows-mens-long-sleeve-wool-jumper-1000.jpg

I'm going against the grain here, but I like the Guernsey colours. It's Modern. I understand the history and what it should look like traditionally, but I really just like the look of it. To me, the darker colours can end up looking a bit tacky. I can't help my heart. In the end, I'll be happy to see my boys bring the premiership cup home in any jumper!
Please report to the heresy inquisition tomorrow morning. :p

I'd rather just have Reebok or Puma back - some little side panels but true Crows colours. Call me a fashionista, but if my footy team is running around in the wrong colours, it grates me to no end. To a certain extent, the jumper *is* the club.

I'd rather just have Reebok or Puma back - some little side panels but true Crows colours. Call me a fashionista, but if my footy team is running around in the wrong colours, it grates me to no end. To a certain extent, the jumper *is* the club.

There aren't many things that are consistent throughout a team's history. Personnel, logos and even home grounds change. Your colours are your identity though. That is what makes the Crows guernsey a Crows guernsey. Having the wrong colours makes our guys look like they're running around in $50 Kmart knockoffs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back