News 2017 AFL Fixture Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Leaked Round 1 fixture on Twitter:

CvXviyQUEAQ3nVG.jpg:large

Strange that we dont play the Bulldogs round 1?
Umpires Jeffries&Stevic had minor eye surgery in the off season so wouldn't have been available for the Doggies against us so that game will be allocated to a week when they become available for selection by Beveridge.

Umpires Jeffries&Stevic had minor eye surgery in the off season so wouldn't have been available for the Doggies against us so that game will be allocated to a week when they become available for selection by Beveridge.

Only minor eye surgery?

One thing about when we play GWS this year I for one will not be in anyway down cast if we lose to them. With outrageous talent they have now matured they will win nearly every game they play. If we beat them it's a monumental effort of epic proportions.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Collingwood to get yet another MCG based walk in the park then it seems (based on that).

Are the AFL actively trying to get rid of "interstate" supporters or something?? It looks like all the "prime" ("blockbuster") games are in Melb with the others either sqeezed in & around or competing against traditional rivalries (e.g. Essendon/Hawks).

There's a Q clash but no other "derby".

Carlton, Richmond & Collingwood somehow get the spoils of being first up Thurs/Fri.

GWS/Adel is the only real interstate "blockbuster" & I'm sure the AFL have hopes GWS crap all over them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood to get yet another MCG based walk in the park then it seems (based on that).

Are the AFL actively trying to get rid of "interstate" supporters or something?? It looks like all the "prime" ("blockbuster") games are in Melb with the others either sqeezed in & around or competing against traditional rivalries (e.g. Essendon/Hawks).

There's a Q clash but no other "derby".

Carlton, Richmond & Collingwood somehow get the spoils of being first up Thurs/Fri.

GWS/Adel is the only real interstate "blockbuster" & I'm sure the AFL have hopes GWS crap all over them.

Pretty much all 4 fta games that round will be Vic teams.. Rich/Carl, Coll/WB, Ess/Haw, St.K/Melb

The infatuation with opening with the Tigers v Blues needs to be given a rest. It is 13 vs 14 from the prior year. They get a great crowd etc. but the actual games have been poor in recent years.

It's up there with the dead horse they flog on Anzac Day with the Bombers and Pies.

When deciding which teams play who twice is it the final home and away ladder or is it what it looks like after the finals?

I think we can lock in playing GWS, Hawks and Bulldogs twice.

Not sure if the AFL wants to stuff us over by giving us 3 top 6 teams.

When deciding which teams play who twice is it the final home and away ladder or is it what it looks like after the finals?

I think we can lock in playing GWS, Hawks and Bulldogs twice.

Not sure if the AFL wants to stuff us over by giving us 3 top 6 teams.
Assume we play Giants and Doggies twice it would then leave Cats, Crows or Hawks. Not so sure its bad to double on them.

Assume we play Giants and Doggies twice it would then leave Cats, Crows or Hawks. Not so sure its bad to double on them.

I reckon it will be Hawks. Can't remember the last time we only play them once in a season.

I reckon it will be Hawks. Can't remember the last time we only play them once in a season.

I would then add one of the lower drawing Melbourne teams that are at the MCG like Richmond/Melbourne to give us the 2nd game at the MCG

I would then add one of the lower drawing Melbourne teams that are at the MCG like Richmond/Melbourne to give us the 2nd game at the MCG
Will be melbourne. The harded of the two teams to beat. Also we will inevitably end up playing geelong in geelong to stack our total games in "melbourne"

Will get bent over in our draw this year.

Will be melbourne. The harded of the two teams to beat. Also we will inevitably end up playing geelong in geelong to stack our total games in "melbourne"

Will get bent over in our draw this year.

How many games need to be in Melbourne per year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back