No Oppo Supporters 2017 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
HUN is reporting that Adelaide are 'demanding' Zorko in exchange for Cameron.

qxVrBzV.gif

Yeah apparently Brisbane's trade manager saw the offer and just closed his laptop and left.

It's funny how Adelaide felt Gibbs wasn't worth 2 first round draft picks but believe Cameron is worth Zorko - who is worth 2 first round draft picks
Freo asking for pick 2 for Weller from the Suns seems a bit over the top.

Yeah, looks like all trade managers have taken a page from Essendon's book.

To be fair to them, they have been relatively fair this year. Two 2nd rounders for Stringer is pretty fair. Gave their first for Smith, gave a mid 2nd (likely) in 2018 for Saad.

They have been awful in the past but I can't say they are trying to royally screw anyone this season.

To be fair to them, they have been relatively fair this year. Two 2nd rounders for Stringer is pretty fair. Gave their first for Smith, gave a mid 2nd (likely) in 2018 for Saad.

They have been awful in the past but I can't say they are trying to royally screw anyone this season.

Before we go jumping to conclusions, let's just see the hoo-haa over Francis tomorrow. My guess is they'll be chasing something off the charts ridiculous

p.s can't help but laugh at the Dogs, they should have taken 11 and sent back 26 (now 28 after FA's) and been done with it on day one... idiots for letting GWS cut their grass

Before we go jumping to conclusions, let's just see the hoo-haa over Francis tomorrow. My guess is they'll be chasing something off the charts ridiculous

p.s can't help but laugh at the Dogs, they should have taken 11 and sent back 26 (now 28 after FA's) and been done with it on day one... idiots for letting GWS cut their grass

Doubt Francis will go, and if he does the pick 19 (lets cut to the chase this will be the cameron trade pick) will do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doubt Francis will go, and if he does the pick 19 (lets cut to the chase this will be the cameron trade pick) will do.

I agree. Plenty of silliness going on at the moment re valuations

IMO

Cameron and Francis are about 16-20 picks.
Wilson is 20-25
Kennedy is 20-30
Ablett should be top 20 but circumstances mean less
Weller is swap 2 for 5 plus a 20-25 pick
Gibbs is one top 15 pick and 20-30 pick
Stringer is worth what Essendon have offered
Hodge is worth the first pick Brisbane are unlikely to use
Schache is worth a 5-10 pick and a top 30 pick but no one will pay it.

Probably forgotten some other players but that's the main stuff

On my valuations it should be easy to sort this out but it'll be a day of shenanigans, will be interesting to see who blinks first. I expect it's Adelaide re Gibbs

I agree. Plenty of silliness going on at the moment re valuations

IMO

Cameron and Francis are about 16-20 picks.
Wilson is 20-25
Kennedy is 20-30
Ablett should be top 20 but circumstances mean less
Weller is swap 2 for 5 plus a 20-25 pick
Gibbs is one top 15 pick and 20-30 pick
Stringer is worth what Essendon have offered
Hodge is worth the first pick Brisbane are unlikely to use
Schache is worth a 5-10 pick and a top 30 pick but no one will pay it.

Probably forgotten some other players but that's the main stuff

On my valuations it should be easy to sort this out but it'll be a day of shenanigans, will be interesting to see who blinks first. I expect it's Adelaide re Gibbs

Maybe it is just me but that's overpaying for Weller. He's a good player but would I want to downgrade in the first round (and add a 2nd on top of that for him), not sure I would.

Schache is the hardest one to put a price on. Absolutely no idea there.

Maybe it is just me but that's overpaying for Weller. He's a good player but would I want to downgrade in the first round (and add a 2nd on top of that for him), not sure I would.

Schache is the hardest one to put a price on. Absolutely no idea there.

Re Weller: No excuses, they just have to get it done. This is a chance to nail a good young player who wants to be there for the rest of his career. GC need that deal for marketing reasons as much as footballing reasons. With the GC/WC deal done I'm now guessing it's WC (2018) first rounder plus 24. Freo can then push 24 to GWS for Wilson. Wilson and the WC first rounder for Weller looks good for Freo. It's a win win.

Dangerfield, Ablett, Selwood would have to be one of the best midfield trios of all time.

IF and it is a big IF...Ablett is actually fit. How many games has he played over the last 2 years?

IF and it is a big IF...Ablett is actually fit. How many games has he played over the last 2 years?
28 games at a high quality. More Brownlow votes over the past 2 years than anyone on our list besides Kennedy, Franklin, Parker, Hannebery.

28 games at a high quality. More Brownlow votes over the past 2 years than anyone on our list besides Kennedy, Franklin, Parker, Hannebery.

I stand corrected, thought it was half that. On the positive at least Dangerfield won't win the Brownlow again.

He only played 6 games 3 seasons ago

That's right. So 34 games out of like 65, that's a lot of missed games.

He will be important in the latter part of the year for Geelong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back