World Cup 2018 FIFA World Cup-Group C Thread (Australia, France, Peru, Denmark)

Remove this Banner Ad

I suppose what I was trying to express was the constant negativity and the constant insistence that the team is rubbish is completely meaningless. If that's truly what people think, then cool, good for them, save themselves the heartache and don't watch, or at least stop repeating the point every time the topic comes up. To me that's not being a supporter. Hull are going to be shit next year, I'm not shirking away from that, but I don't wonder around morosely saying "We'll finish bottom" every 5 minutes. I guess that's where I see the distinction between being a realist and what a few on here are doing.
Didn't you used to talk about your impending relegation when Hull was in the PL? Did you not watch any of your games when you thought they'd lose?

Didn't you used to talk about your impending relegation when Hull was in the PL? Did you not watch any of your games when you thought they'd lose?

Did you read my last post at all? Or just assume that it said "I never talk about the fact Hull are likely to perform poorly".

I actually couldn't be stuffed turning this into a debate which is why I didn't respond to Jatz, no idea why you felt the need to kick the proverbial hornets nest after the fact.

Did you read my last post at all? Or just assume that it said "I never talk about the fact Hull are likely to perform poorly".

I actually couldn't be stuffed turning this into a debate which is why I didn't respond to Jatz, no idea why you felt the need to kick the proverbial hornets nest after the fact.
"If that's truly what people think, then cool, good for them, save themselves the heartache and don't watch"

So if you truly thought Hull were gash would you save yourself the heartache? That's my question. People are allowed to follow a team and think they're no good. They can voice that opinion that they're no good and still have the urge to watch their team. Lol I've got 22 rounds of it in the AFL, a lot easier to handle 3 group stage games with the Socceroos!

"If that's truly what people think, then cool, good for them, save themselves the heartache and don't watch"

So if you truly thought Hull were gash would you save yourself the heartache? That's my question. People are allowed to follow a team and think they're no good. They can voice that opinion that they're no good and still have the urge to watch their team. Lol I've got 22 rounds of it in the AFL, a lot easier to handle 3 group stage games with the Socceroos!

But you don't go into the AFL thread each week and say "I think we'll lose by 10 goals" yeah you do sometimes (moreso in the betting thread I guess) but that's more what I'm taking issue with. The constant, repetitious moroseness from people when we get it.

But you don't go into the AFL thread each week and say "I think we'll lose by 10 goals" yeah you do sometimes (moreso in the betting thread I guess) but that's more what I'm taking issue with. The constant, repetitious moroseness from people when we get it.
I'll do it on the AFL thread here or when I go onto the Carlton board and read dribble that I definitely don't agree with. Doesn't stop me wanting the team to win or watching the games, and when they don't get belted it is a pleasant surprise. The similarities between supporting the Socceroos at the WC & Carlton this season are definitely there, respectable performances against a France/WCE/Richmond is about as good as it's going to get in those games. Then there's games against that next tier like Geelong, Denmark & Peru are where again not being smashed is good and a result isn't impossible. I'm not going to be over critical of either side if they go down fighting because the expectation is low but at the same time I'm still watching like a fan hurting/enjoying each moment in the game wanting my side to win.

I think France are there for the taking, they generally start tournaments slowly. 2/3 WCs and 2/3 Euros they've drawn their first game, and in the other two squeaked past Romania and beat Honduras. Think we could get 4 points out of Denmark and Peru too.

Peru is the one we can get at for sure. First WC in ages who knows what they'll bring to the table. Denmark would be extremely p*ssed off if they don't get through

I suppose what I was trying to express was the constant negativity and the constant insistence that the team is rubbish is completely meaningless. If that's truly what people think, then cool, good for them, save themselves the heartache and don't watch, or at least stop repeating the point every time the topic comes up. To me that's not being a supporter. Hull are going to be shit next year, I'm not shirking away from that, but I don't wonder around morosely saying "We'll finish bottom" every 5 minutes. I guess that's where I see the distinction between being a realist and what a few on here are doing.
Just because it's where you see it, it doesn't mean it's correct.

I prefer to look at things realistic - I am under no illusions about how poor our squad is. Yes, we will try hard and bust our guts to get results, but ultimately, it's more than likely we go home as one of the worst teams - potentially the worst - but bow out with our heads high because of the effort we put in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just because it's where you see it, it doesn't mean it's correct.

I prefer to look at things realistic - I am under no illusions about how poor our squad is. Yes, we will try hard and bust our guts to get results, but ultimately, it's more than likely we go home as one of the worst teams - potentially the worst - but bow out with our heads high because of the effort we put in.

Ok I thought your like demonstrated you understood what I was saying but clearly you didn't. All good.

personally dont see where the goals come from and think we'll get absolutely destroyed out wide. ryan, mooy and jedinak in particular will need to have blinders to even be competitive. that's not enjoying them lose or anything like that, the squad that we're taking is just quite far behind as a unit the other sides. but i guess we will see how far bert has gotten them up to speed in the 2 friendlies in a comparatively very short amount of time.

Yeah except he got done for having cocaine in his system when it was from a tea that is literally everywhere in Peru.

The rival teams should not be doing work for his case , regardless of what happened.
That is down to the Peruvian FA. His excuse might be BS . I remember when Rio Ferdinand got a long ban for not showing up to a drugs test and some suspected that was because he had done coke.

Ok I thought your like demonstrated you understood what I was saying but clearly you didn't. All good.
'' fans '' like you are the worst. It's either look at your team through beer goggles or gtfo.

Arrogance and stupidity.

Yeah straya all the way mate 3-0 in our opener vs the froggies then watch Timmy Cahill score a dubbzee and win our next game onto the next round she goes!

'' fans '' like you are the worst. It's either look at your team through beer goggles or gtfo.

Arrogance and stupidity.

You've also completely missed my point, well done champ.

By the way, haven't seen you round here much, do you actually support a team or just watch the World Cup?

You've also completely missed my point, well done champ.

By the way, haven't seen you round here much, do you actually support a team or just watch the World Cup?
Chelsea fan I think? Macpotata might be worth putting your club in the "other teams" area on your profile.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back