2018 general discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez, as Bruce would say, Swans vs Tigers is pretty willing. Buddy with a forearm to Rance’s throat - gone for sure. 2 minutes later, Vlastuin, best player on the field, elbows an opponent in the face.
Rance is ruining the game with his rubbish dives and the way he carry’s on

Rance is ruining the game with his rubbish dives and the way he carry’s on
Agreed, but I don't think he was faking it with the vomiting. The only thing that will mitigate Buddy's forearm to the throat is the fact that
Rance had him on the ground by the throat in the first place. Buddy 4 weeks and Vlastuin the same. Ugly incidents that can't go unpunished.

Anyone else going to the club function next week at Etihad after the North game?

was at The Swans game last night, it was like finals footy, was in the Richmond Coterie area and wow are they a one eyed bunch, the noise was deafening was a bit of a wake up call compared to what we experience at Metricon lately - was a bit of a reality check

It was a very tough game of footy, really showed the gap between our boys and these men

was with a mate whose father played for Richmond and he was giving me some s**t about Caddy and Prestia, there was a period where Caddy and Prestia were both shanking kicks and kicking OB or straight to an opposition player, each time I nudged him and said yep, pretty much what they did at The Suns, nothings changed

Last edited:
Rory defending reasonably well.
Doesn't seem to be getting involved at all in offensive play though

Least marks of his whole career

Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 5.33.37 PM.png

By comparison

Heath Grundy 6.3/game
Robbie Tarrant 5.9/game
Phil Davis 5.5/game
James Frawley 4.4/game
Alex Pearce 3.2/game
Sam Rowe 3.2/game

Don't know if its a reflection of us not able to move the ball out of the back half, or him not going for intercept marks at all... has been a good intercept marker in the past.

IMO, we shouldn’t get a PP, but you should.
Gold Coast isn’t a destination club, let’s be honest, and there are plenty of players who want out.

My question is, do you think it’s because of the climate, culture or success?
If climate, would a reallocation help?

Gold Coast isn’t a destination club, let’s be honest, and there are plenty of players who want out.

We have confirmation that one player, Lynch, wants out

The players want success, really since 2015 that's been the only reason players have left.

Climate are you trying to be funny or what?
Culture well we have only been around 7 years as opposed to 100+ for most other clubs including your own (154 years).
Success has a lot to do with poor set up/funding by the AFL and some poor recruiting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Climate are you trying to be funny or what?
Culture well we have only been around 7 years as opposed to 100+ for most other clubs including your own (154 years).
Success has a lot to do with poor set up/funding by the AFL and some poor recruiting.
Gold Coast is so much warmer than the rest of the country, footywise. Last time Carlton went up the Brisbane we had two players off with irregular heartbeats. At Gold Coast we couldn’t mark because of sweat. What about the North Gold Coast game?
Culture is different from history but there is a correlation.

So you agree about the PP?

The reason GC is going the way it is now is because the original draftees where peahearts who were told they have talent for years and they could just walk in a premiership. When that didn't happen they all eventually went stuff this and left without putting in any of the hardwork and effort that is required.

Nothing to do with the climate, brissy has a similar climate and has been around for years, just look at a map ;)
Plenty to do with the culture from previous players, just look at what I wrote above. But that seems to be changing now with some of the young players coming through.

The North Melbourne GC game was in cairns during wet season.

The reason GC is going the way it is now is because the original draftees where peahearts who were told they have talent for years and they could just walk in a premiership. When that didn't happen they all eventually went stuff this and left without putting in any of the hardwork and effort that is required.

Nothing to do with the climate, brissy has a similar climate and has been around for years, just look at a map ;)
Plenty to do with the culture from previous players, just look at what I wrote above. But that seems to be changing now with some of the young players coming through.

The North Melbourne GC game was in cairns during wet season.

I think your first paragraph is absolutely brilliant. All that ridiculous big talking had to have inflated their ego and expectations.

There are rumours of Brodie, Scrimshaw and Hall being linked with Carlton
Brodie and scrim are both contracted for two years and those ‘rumours’ are unsubstantiated. Lloyd peddled them on the footy show because they weren’t getting a game in the ones for development reasons but we’ve had several solid sources come out and say that it’s not true at all.
Hall hasn’t been offered a contract by us yet so looks more like we’re getting rid of him than him wanting out

Are you for real?

I heard a rumour that Patric Cripps is fed up with Melbourne weather and getting a wooden spoon and is desperately seeking trade to Suns on a beautiful sunny Gold Coast.
Before or after he resigned?

Listen, they are just rumours that Carlton is interested in them, and that's all. If you don't take this rumour well, then wait until seasons end and look at player trades and FA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back