63. Essendon - Kaleb Smith 181cm 77kg Defender
64. Bulldogs - Taj Campbell-Farell 185cm 85kg Inside Midfielder
65. Gold Coast - Pass
66. Essendon - Max Knobel 206cm 91kg Ruck
67. Sydney - Tyler Young 196cm 92kg KPD
68. Fremantle - Steely Greene 180cm 70kg Midfielder/Forward
69. GWS - Sydney Stack aka Pass

Academy & Father/Son bid details

Brisbane match GWS bid for Will Ashcroft at pick 1 using 34,35,36,38,55 and take on a 150 point deficit for 2023

Brisbane match Melbourne bid for Jaspa Fletcher at pick 14 using pick 70 and go further into deficit for 2023.

Essendon match bid for Alwyn Davey Jr at pick 19 using pick 23.

Adelaide match GWS bid for Max Michalanney at pick 21 using picks 44 53 & 56

GWS match Melbourne bid for Harry Rowston at pick 37 using picks 53 & 56 and get pick 61 & 70 back

Essendon match Collingwood bid for Jayden Davey with pick 53

North match Geelong bid for Cooper Harvey with pick 65

Adelaide:
Brisbane: THE_GUN
Carlton: LOZWILDA
Collingwood: GoTigers2015
Essendon: Grockadoc
Fremantle: Tiger_Of_Old
GWS: Rioli2Rioli
Geelong: A Bit Dusty
Gold Coast: Ctl
Hawthorn: Smythe
Melbourne:
North Melbourne: YeOldTiger
Port Adelaide: Ctl
Richmond: Sir_Loin
St. Kilda Wrenny
Sydney: Lord of the Wings
West Coast: Tiger_Of_Old
Western Bulldogs: _RT_

Last edited:
Grockadoc is up followed by Sir_Loin with Richmond second pick
How long left

images

Sorry guys, busy with work.

With the retirement of Michael Hurley and Aaron Francis finding a new home, the Bombers backline has taken a hit, particularly in the ready to go taller type players. They have a developing Zach Reid and Josh Eyre who can play down back if needed, but they may struggle to be an accountable ready to go AFL defender from round, so with this in mind:

Essendon select: Blake Schlensog 199 cm, 99 kg defender from South Fremantle.

Sir_Loin

Pick 57: Richmond

Jed Adams

Height: 194cm

Weight: 89kg

D.O.B: 14-05-2004

SNAPSHOT: “A strong, versatile key defender, Adams has burst onto the scene in 2022 to break in to the WA state side and earn himself a National Combine invitation.”

Off the back of two injury riddled seasons, Jed Adams came into his top-age campaign uncertain as to whether he would even manage to get a game in the Peel Thunder Colts side. As important an asset off the field as he is on it, his teammates would be the first to tell you how integral a role Adams plays in providing the energy and creating camaraderie amongst teammates.

In his first time cracking into the state squad since Under 12s, Adams played an important role for WA in replacing the draft’s premier key defender, Jedd Busslinger. He showed off his wares as a strong, commanding lockdown defender who keeps his man quiet and makes sure his backline is set up as it should be.

Returning to WAFL level after a strong showing in the National Championships, Adams finished his season with a call up to the Thunder’s League outfit, replacing injured Dockers defender Joel Hamling. He impressed with 11 disposals and six marks in a strong showing against one of the competition’s leading key forwards. Unfortunately, off the back of this game, Adams went under the knife for shoulder surgery, ending his season early and leaving him unable to take part in the National Combine testing.

With Grimes, Tarrant and Broad to a lesser degree coming towards the end of their careers time to start re-stocking that 194-5cm medium/tall defenders. As we love a midget, also considered Blake Drury. Midfield is stacked so passed on Dowling and Luke Teal looked good for a medium sized, rebounding defender at this late pick.

A Bit Dusty you’re up

Last edited:

58. Cats - Jason Gillbee - Bendigo Pioneers (VIC)
Height: 190cm

Weight: 78kg

D.O.B: 15-05-2004

An endurance running machine, Gillbee finished a narrow second place behind Ollie Hollands in the 2km time trial during the AFL Draft Combine. An outside accumulator who likely settles on a wing, Gillbee is a strong mark and can also push into defence and perform an accountable role or generate run.

“A genuine utility with enormous running capacity, capable of playing small and tall in each third of the ground.”

There aren’t many prospects who truly suit the utility tag, but Jason Gillbee is certainly one. Having played both sides of midfield and as a medium-tall at either end of the ground, the Bendigo Pioneers running machine is a proven quantity in all thirds of the field.

Hailing from Balranald in the Riverina district of New South Wales, Gillbee made the move down to Bendigo to further his education and football, gaining valuable bottom-age experience with the Pioneers last year before being named among the 2022 AFL Academy intake.

He has taken great strides since, turning out 10 times throughout his latest NAB League campaign en route to Team of the Year honours, and earning selection in the Allies squad. In an one-off quirk, he also represented Vic Country this year prior to the Under 18 National Championships.

Smythe is up:thumbsu:

Last edited:
Hawthorn - Noah Long - 178cm 75kg - mid/fwd

So many left to pick that should have gone already and i tossed up between 5 for this one, but could not go past Noah here for the hawks.
Did have an injury interrupted start to the year but geez he showed a lot when fit and playing.
STRENGTHS:
  • Acceleration
  • Clean hands
  • Ground balls
  • Inside game
  • Scoreboard impact
  • Work rate
IMPROVEMENTS:
  • Endurance
  • Outside game

Essentially he has the game to make it and has a huge ceiling if he can build some muscle and get running to build his endurance, the kid could be anything.

This rounds out Hawthorns picks as far as im concerned, they may not take this many in the draft given they will most likely trade picks to brisbane for that 35/6 pick.

However for the sake of this draft and for those that would like to know a bit more about it, i have hawthorn taking in the rookie draft, Jerome Lawrence F/Son Tall FWD, Cooper Vickery NGA Def/Wing, and Max Hall from Box Hill.

So, sorry to everyone else but those guys are now off the board also.

Next up is LOZWILDA with Carlton.....boooo

Last edited:
Hawthorn - Noah Long - 178cm 75kg - mid/fwd

So many left to pick that should have gone already and i tossed up between 5 for this one, but could not go past Noah here for the hawks.
Did have an injury interrupted start to the year but geez he showed a lot when fit and playing.
STRENGTHS:
  • Acceleration
  • Clean hands
  • Ground balls
  • Inside game
  • Scoreboard impact
  • Work rate
IMPROVEMENTS:
  • Endurance
  • Outside game

Essentially he has the game to make it and has a huge ceiling if he can build some muscle and get running to build his endurance, the kid could be anything.

This rounds out Hawthorns picks as far as im concerned, they may not take this many in the draft given they will most likely trade picks to brisbane for that 35/6 pick.

However for the sake of this draft and for those that would like to know a bit more about it, i have hawthorn taking in the rookie draft, Jerome Lawrence F/Son Tall FWD, Cooper Vickery NGA Def/Wing, and Max Hall from Box Hill.

So, sorry to everyone else but those guys are now off the board also.

Next up is LOZWILDA with Carlton.....boooo
:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

He was my next pick for GWS , How could you do this to me :mad:
just 2 more picks

Rate the Hayes pick, less so the Szybowski pick (Konstanty would have been my choice), but always love watching phantoms and getting takes on our team from neutrals. Keen to see how it finishes

Fremantle select

Billy Dowling​

NORTH ADELAIDE MIDFIELDER
Height: 187cm
Weight: 79kg
D.O.B: 01-07-2004

A big-time ball winner who can hit the scoreboard in bunches.”

Few players boast some of the stat lines that Billy Dowling produced this season. He was simply impossible to slow down in the SANFL Under 18 competition, averaging more than 30 possessions a game on his way to being named the league’s Most Valuable Player.

His Round 16 performance against eventual premiers Glenelg was one of many season highlights, with Dowling collecting 44 disposals to go with 4.3, in a clear best on ground display. Selected to represent South Australia at the Under 18 National Championships, Dowling played every game in the tournament and was one his state’s best and most consistent contributors.

A strong accumulator who hits the scoreboard, Dowling also possesses the athletic attributes that will simplify his transition to AFL football, should he be given the opportunity. His physical profile and overall ability suggests that he could fill a variety of different roles at the elite level.

Grockadoc your up

Carlton pick 60
Luke Teal 191cm 80kg
Half back
Oakley Chargers
Had some injuries and could be a bargain here?

Rioli2Rioli up next

Agree. Big wraps on him at the start of the year I reckon he’ll get picked up. Just very unlucky with a few issues this year

Fremantle select

Billy Dowling​

NORTH ADELAIDE MIDFIELDER
Height: 187cm
Weight: 79kg
D.O.B: 01-07-2004

A big-time ball winner who can hit the scoreboard in bunches.”

Few players boast some of the stat lines that Billy Dowling produced this season. He was simply impossible to slow down in the SANFL Under 18 competition, averaging more than 30 possessions a game on his way to being named the league’s Most Valuable Player.

His Round 16 performance against eventual premiers Glenelg was one of many season highlights, with Dowling collecting 44 disposals to go with 4.3, in a clear best on ground display. Selected to represent South Australia at the Under 18 National Championships, Dowling played every game in the tournament and was one his state’s best and most consistent contributors.

A strong accumulator who hits the scoreboard, Dowling also possesses the athletic attributes that will simplify his transition to AFL football, should he be given the opportunity. His physical profile and overall ability suggests that he could fill a variety of different roles at the elite level.

Grockadoc your up

Good pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Purely and simply best available for me here, and honestly surprised to see him still on the board:

Kaleb Smith - East Fremantle (WA)
A star during the WA State Combine, Smith won the 20m sprint and placed third in the agility test. One of this draft's most damaging rebounding defenders, Smith is a line breaker with speed and power who aggressively takes on the game with ball in hand and hurts opposition sides with his penetrating kick.

Taj Campbell-Farrell 185cm 85kg Inside Midfielder

Joint winner of the Morrish Medal who averaged 27.3 disposals a game across 11 games in the TAC Cup. Campbell-Farrell has a very good inside game with his contested ball winning ability and defensive attitude among the best in the draft class. Campbell-Farrell did not make the final Vic U18s side despite his outstanding form at the TAC level which shows that he has some improvement left in him. He lacks a bit of polish on the outside with his execution letting him down and he lacks explosive breakaway speed to allow him to clear out from stoppages, however his mature body allows him to take contact and still get the ball out. He has a good work ethic and will give his all to get the most out of himself at the next level.

Ctl is up.

Last edited:
I’m hoping that None of the SA KPF Players are our target. I thought Foster may have been worth a go but after having watched him in a couple of state games, especially the VIC metro game, he appears slow to the contest, has the turning circle of the queen mary and is terrible below his knees. I’d rather the club pick a player with some real upside who due to injury has fallen down the pecking order.

Northern knights wingman Darcy Edmends is the type of player I’d target. Injured earlier in the year but has shown real class now back in action. He’s a wingman who reads the play extremely well but also has amazing calmness and time with ball in hand. His kicking into the forward line is superb. I hate saying who a player is like but this kid reminds me in style to Pendlebury. As no one has put his name forward as a possible draftee I’m hoping he could fall to RFC as a later pick.

Last edited:
I’m hoping that None of the SA KPF Players are our target. I thought Foster may have been worth a go but after having watched him in a couple of state games, especially the VIC metro game, he appears slow to the contest, has the turning circle of the queen mary and is terrible below his knees. I’d rather the club pick a player with some real upside who due to injury has fallen down the pecking order.

Northern knights wingman Darcy Edmends is the type of player I’d target. Injured earlier in the year but has shown real class now back in action. He’s a wingman who reads the play extremely well but also has amazing calmness and time with ball in hand. His kicking into the forward line is superb. I hate saying who a player is like but this kid reminds me in style to Pendlebury. As no one has put his name forward as a possible draftee I’m hoping he could fall to RFC as a later pick.
Out of left field has worked for us in the past.

Essendon - Max Knobel - Gippsland Power (VIC)206 cm, 91 kg Ruckman
The son of former AFL ruckman Trent, Max Knobel is a late blooming ruckman who has continued growing this year. Now standing at 206cm, Knobel is a project player who is still growing into his body but is developing rapidly and has a knack for getting to the right positions behind the ball to take intercept marks.

Considered Blake Drury here but with both Davey twins, I thought he would be a surplus to requirements.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back