63. Essendon - Kaleb Smith 181cm 77kg Defender
64. Bulldogs - Taj Campbell-Farell 185cm 85kg Inside Midfielder
65. Gold Coast - Pass
66. Essendon - Max Knobel 206cm 91kg Ruck
67. Sydney - Tyler Young 196cm 92kg KPD
68. Fremantle - Steely Greene 180cm 70kg Midfielder/Forward
69. GWS - Sydney Stack aka Pass

Academy & Father/Son bid details

Brisbane match GWS bid for Will Ashcroft at pick 1 using 34,35,36,38,55 and take on a 150 point deficit for 2023

Brisbane match Melbourne bid for Jaspa Fletcher at pick 14 using pick 70 and go further into deficit for 2023.

Essendon match bid for Alwyn Davey Jr at pick 19 using pick 23.

Adelaide match GWS bid for Max Michalanney at pick 21 using picks 44 53 & 56

GWS match Melbourne bid for Harry Rowston at pick 37 using picks 53 & 56 and get pick 61 & 70 back

Essendon match Collingwood bid for Jayden Davey with pick 53

North match Geelong bid for Cooper Harvey with pick 65

Adelaide:
Brisbane: THE_GUN
Carlton: LOZWILDA
Collingwood: GoTigers2015
Essendon: Grockadoc
Fremantle: Tiger_Of_Old
GWS: Rioli2Rioli
Geelong: A Bit Dusty
Gold Coast: Ctl
Hawthorn: Smythe
Melbourne:
North Melbourne: YeOldTiger
Port Adelaide: Ctl
Richmond: Sir_Loin
St. Kilda Wrenny
Sydney: Lord of the Wings
West Coast: Tiger_Of_Old
Western Bulldogs: _RT_

Last edited:
Tried & True method.
Freo select.

200.gif

Drum roll
Bullseye.

Steely Green​

Midfielder/Forward, WA​

Weight: 70kg
Height: 180cm
Club: South Fremantle/Jandakot Jets
2022 National Champs 73 ranking points, 14.8 disposals, 4.0 score involvements (4 games) 2022 WAFL 79 ranking points, 19.0 disposals, 4.4 tackles, 3.8 score involvements (8 games) 2022 WAFLR 94 ranking points, 19.3 disposals, 11 contest possessions, 4.7 clearances, 4.3 tackles (3 games)
Green burst onto the scene at the start of the year after making his league debut in round 1 - in a midfield role for WAFL reigning premiers South Fremantle, no less. A clever player who is creative with his ball-use and clean at ground level, Green looked like he belonged at the level from the outset. He recorded 20 or more disposals in his first three WAFL senior games, including 25 disposals, four clearances, five tackles and 112 ranking points on debut. The 178cm prospect captained Western Australia in a solid personal campaign that didn’t reach the lofty heights of the start to his year, and returned to the seniors after some strong form at WAFL Reserves level for the Bulldogs. His return at league level in round 20 was his highest possession tally for the season, winning 31 disposals, 20 uncontested possessions and seven tackles to go with 110 ranking points. As a forward, Green provides energy and pressure and this looms as his likely position at AFL level, but he can also be used across halfback.

GWS will most likely pass with this next pick but for the sake of a bit of fun i will select a player here

GWS with selection #127 select

Sydney Stack
180cm 98 kgs

Not really a great trainer but he will have the GWS supporters excited and constantly calling for him to be played even though he doesnt attend training

HAWTHORN DRAFT RECAP

NATIONAL DRAFT
BAILEY HUMPHREY - fwd bull/mid
JACOB KONSTANTY - small fwd/mid
JAKOB RYAN - running/intercept Def
JAIDEN MAGOR - mid bull/Fwd
HUGH DAVIES - tall Def
HARVEY GALLAGHER - small Def
NOAH LONG - mid/Fwd

ROOKIE
JEROME LAWRENCE- f/s - tall fwd
COOPER VICKERY - nga - Def/wing
MAX HALL - box hill - fwd/mid

Got a return of a mix of highly talented players covering all areas of the ground.
Geniunely surprised Jacob Konstanty fell to our second pick and Noah Long was there at our last.
Players with X factor and line breaking speed, with highly efficient foot skills and play reading skills is what I went for and although hawks won’t take as many players as I did here, (more likely trading picks to brisbane), I think they would be stoked with this haul of players complimenting every area of the ground for this young up and coming team, ready to strike in the not too distant future, as Sam Mitchell and their president would have you believe.

Smythe would you mind giving a rundown of who went higher than expected and who was a steal. Also who should have been picked but wasn't

Roger, will do a write up tonight and post it later.
Just out of curiosity Smythe

I was looking at your thread in the phantom drafts and noticed in your foward rankings you had Lemmy ranked 7th and foster not in there even at 18
But in the Phantom you selected Foster for Richmond at pick #46 whilst Lemmy was selected at #52 for Port

Could you clarify this mate

I was looking at your thread in the phantom drafts and noticed in your foward rankings you had Lemmy ranked 7th and foster not in there even at 18
But in the Phantom you selected Foster for Richmond at pick #46 whilst Lemmy was selected at #52 for Port

I have Foster at # 2 in my ruck fwd rankings Only behind Barnett who I really like. I like his dual positionality and this year he has marked strong and kicked straight so I have him higher as a functionally rotational fwd/ chop out ruck

Some of our selections drove him too foster(s).

So does that mean you consider him a Ruckman 1st and Foward 2nd ?
He was at the start of the year a ruckman, that drifted forward. At his sanfl club he started playing fwd and in the champs he drifted fwd and I see him in a mold similar to CCJ. His hands are big and his marking in the contest and in packs or on the lead with his athleticism is too good to waste as a pure ruck. I see him projecting as a tall fwd and having crumbers around him. His kicking for goals is straight and his action is pure. So his ranking position In my rankings I have him in his traditional position but I project him to be used more fwd or at least that is where is think he will play his best football and then rotating if need be to give a chop out in the ruck and taking the ruck contests in the fwd line.

Last edited:
He was at the start of the year a ruckman, that drifted forward. At his sanfl club he started playing fwd and in the champs he drifted fwd and I see him in the same mood similar to CCJ. His hands are big and his marking in the contest and in packs or on the lead with his athleticism is too good to waste as a pure ruck. I see him projecting as a tall fwd and having crumbers around him. His kicking for goals is straight and his action is pure. So his ranking position In my rankings I have him in his traditional position but I project him to be used more fwd or at least that is where is think he will play his best football and then rotating if need be to give a chop out in the ruck and taking the ruck contests in the fwd line.
Given what you have just replied wouldnt that have been a good reason to rate him as a Foward in your rankings ?
Also given his late'ish Birthday (12/9) how much more scope for improvement would he have over who is a January baby (9 months at their age would be significant i imagine.

side by side which player projects as a better KPF

Would also like to know your opinion of Will Verrall is he just a Ruck or could he be developed into a Luke Jackson type

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given what you have just replied wouldnt that have been a good reason to rate him as a Foward in your rankings ?
Also given his late'ish Birthday (12/9) how much more scope for improvement would he have over who is a January baby (9 months at their age would be significant i imagine.

side by side which player projects as a better KPF

Would also like to know your opinion of Will Verrall is he just a Ruck or could he be developed into a Luke Jackson type
No because he is dual positional.

The mixed rankings is where it is at anyway. The positional was a breakdown for people so those not overly in the know get to see how people rank in their positions as it had not been done on the forums before. Positional rankings then my mixed rankings help people out.

As I stated in my earlier post he shows a lot of scope for improvement and enhancement in areas of his game with a high enough ceiling for someone to give him a shot. The fact that he has enough traits in my eyes already tells me he could get even better once he grows into a man’s body with a few preseasons, bulks up and strips the puppy fat all kids have. If he tones up and puts on some muscle whilst improving his game his ceiling is huge with the traits he has.

Will verrall is an excellent pure ruck at this level but at the next….not so sure, undersized and not as athletic/powerful enough and has not shown his ability to play at either end of the ground yet. To me he tracks as a good developable lock down KPD possibility.

GWS will most likely pass with this next pick but for the sake of a bit of fun i will select a player here

GWS with selection #127 select

Sydney Stack
180cm 98 kgs

Not really a great trainer but he will have the GWS supporters excited and constantly calling for him to be played even though he doesnt attend training
Apart from Jefferson going too early I’m loving the picks, man!!

From my perspective…..

It was too early IMO for these players,

E.Tsatas - just won’t go at pick 2 or 3, North want sheezel and Wardlaw
J.Davey - most likely won’t get bid on, clubs will leave him to Essendon especially after 2 acl’s, they will let him get to ess in the rookie draft.
Z.Toledo - rookie chance for mine, too early here
K.Ryan - maybe around the mark at best, but rookie for me
S.Gilbey - has the skills, game and composure, but the injury may see him go in the rookie draft or clubs may even want to see a full year from him or at least a consistent first half of next year to be a mid year draft hopeful.
D.Jones - has the game height not my worry but weight, probably a bit early here but the one who may shape the draft, does a club go early is on him, he could be great, wherever he goes in the draft it will change other clubs picks after him.
O.Northam - rookie chance or very very late chance of ND
I.Keeler - enigma of the draft, can he be bothered to train and try hard - probably a bit early here than what will happen in the draft
B.Schlensog - rookie at best, if he nominates
S.Stack - more likely ssp after train on
T.Young - rookie chance at very best if he nominates

Surprisingly not drafted,

Blake Drury

Other names to look out for in the real draft

Jack O’Sullivan
Brandon Leary
Bailey McDonald
Jovan Petric
Ryan Eyres
Joe Richards
Jacob Anderson
Harry Cole
Tyrell Dewar
Seth Campbell
Toby McMullin
Caleb Mitchell
Jasper Scaife
Jake Walker
Max Hall

Biggest bargains in this draft IMO,

Oli Hotton at 22 - projected first round
Ed Allan at 26 - projected first round
Jacob Konstanty at 27 - projected first round
Henry Hustwaite at 28 - first round possibility
Josh Weddle at 30 - should be early second but could push mid/ late second
Coby Burgiel at 32 - should go early - mid second
Noah Long at 59 - should go in mid second to early third
Luke Teal at 60 - injuries yes, but clubs know his skill set, anything could happen with him on draft night, but in this draft here I think is a bargain
Kaleb Smith at 63 - biggest bargain of the draft - recently projected to go in second round

Best club hauls, taking my picks for hawthorn out of it,

Rioli2Rioli with GWS,
Tiger_Of_Old with WCE,
Wrenny with STK,
LOZWILDA with CARL
All did very well getting best available and club needs attended to.

In my opinion for what it’s worth, congratulations to GoTigers2015 with the selections for Collingwood, got some steals and sliders in this draft that suit club needs and is the best rated haul.
Do not go work for them in recruiting
He was able to get them the highest rated winger in Oliver Hollands, a big mid in Henry Hustwaite, a great intercepting defender/utility in Josh Weddle and a developable project ruck in Clay Tucker.
Collingwood would be rapt with that. Fits the needs and best available with his early picks and covering all bases for that club.

Well done to all
Smythe

From my perspective…..

J.Davey - most likely won’t get bid on, clubs will leave him to Essendon especially after 2 acl’s, they will let him get to ess in the rookie draft.
S.Gilbey - has the skills, game and composure, but the injury may see him go in the rookie draft or clubs may even want to see a full year from him or at least a consistent first half of next year to be a mid year draft hopeful.
D.Jones - has the game height not my worry but weight, probably a bit early here but the one who may shape the draft, does a club go early is on him, he could be great, wherever he goes in the draft it will change other clubs picks after him.
I.Keeler - enigma of the draft, can he be bothered to train and try hard - probably a bit early here than what will happen in the draft

Blake Drury

Jack O’Sullivan
Brandon Leary
Bailey McDonald
Jovan Petric
Ryan Eyres
Joe Richards
Jacob Anderson
Harry Cole
Tyrell Dewar
Seth Campbell
Toby McMullin
Caleb Mitchell
Jasper Scaife
Jake Walker
Max Hall

Luke Teal at 60 - injuries yes, but clubs know his skill set, anything could happen with him on draft night, but in this draft here I think is a bargain
Kaleb Smith at 63 - biggest bargain of the draft - recently projected to go in second round

Rioli2Rioli with GWS,
Tiger_Of_Old with WCE,
Wrenny with STK,
LOZWILDA with CARL

In my opinion for what it’s worth, congratulations to GoTigers2015 with the selections for Collingwood, got some steals and sliders in this draft that suit club needs and is the best rated haul.
He was able to get them the highest rated winger in Oliver Hollands, a big mid in Henry Hustwaite, a great intercepting defender/utility in Josh Weddle and a developable project ruck in Clay Tucker.
Collingwood would be rapt with that. Fits the needs and best available with his early picks and covering all bases for that club.

Well done to all
Smythe
Dream result for the Pies if they got Hollands, Hustwaite and Weddle.
Went a bit early with Tucker as I thought he might get snapped up before the Pie's first pick in the RD

Pies would be keen on Joe Richards and Will Elliot in the Rookie draft and can select Ashwin as a Cat B rookie.

From my perspective…..

Blake Drury

Jack O’Sullivan
Brandon Leary
Bailey McDonald
Jovan Petric
Ryan Eyres
Joe Richards
Jacob Anderson
Harry Cole
Tyrell Dewar
Seth Campbell
Toby McMullin
Caleb Mitchell
Jasper Scaife
Jake Walker
Max Hall

Rioli2Rioli with GWS,
Tiger_Of_Old with WCE,
Wrenny with STK,
LOZWILDA with CARL

Well done to all
Smythe
Thanks for that Smythe, always great to get a draft watchers feedback on what us wannabe list managers who've spent '5 minutes' reading profiles and various phantom drafts come up with.

Next year after a suggestion from Smythe I'm thinking I may limit the particpants to 6-9 posters who will do 2-3 teams each, to try and ensure that the draft runs a bit smoother and instead of posters nominating teams they would be allocated random teams. However we'll cross that bridge when we get to it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back