Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
what to do now.gif

This phrase I'm sure, each Coach has muttered to himself, between shots, all week ......Hewett, a week by week assessment on his back, provides no clarity on his return ......Darcy Cameron threatening to self-destruct upon Grundy's return .....Short being Short, Crisp burning his owners regularly ......yet some of us astute & knowledgeable coach's, owners of Lachie Whitfield, can sleep easy at night, comfortable in the knowledge, we know exactly what is before us 😭

Our Trades are low, where we used to trade with bravado & abandon .....now each trade is agonised over, debated, analysed repeatedly

Many coaches have travelled a smooth journey this year ....boosts, plenty of mid-pricers hitting the mark .....now potentially a bump in the road could derail a seasons effort ..... fearful of what the consequences could be, for a wrong decision at this critical juncture

Crash Car.gif

Jai Culley should or will be a popular trade-in this week .....or will you be sideways trading ? .....both these options have ruined my sleep patterns this week .....so much will depend on team selections

FREO v MELB
To be played at the home of footy and Grand Finals, Optus Oval ......we see a fearful set of matchups ...Brayshaw v Piggy Oliver ....Gawn v Darcy ......can see both clubs allowing Brayshaw & Oliver to do their thing .....I need both to have big games, but I've learned my lesson about putting the (VC) on Thurs / Frid games .....nope
I also see Gawn as the MELB captain leading the Ruck for most of the night .....particularly if Jackson is off to FREO at years end

COLL v PORT
Will Teakle be named .....if so, could provide valuable coverage for RUCKS and FWDS
Will Grundy be named ....if Cox is out with illness ....and if Grundy is named, does that expedite our desire to trade Cameron
We can only hope Cox plays, but in a weakened state, is confined to a wheelchair in the FP .....with Cameron running amok
Does Port tag Daicos ? .....or is season over for Port, allowing COLL players to do what they do ....Crisp owners will be praying

SYD v GWS
That demi-god Himmelberg has proved to be the selection of the year ......all hail the new SC God

WW not_worthy_waynes_world.gif
Now I'd also like to convey these thoughts on Whitfield .....but it is with a regret tinged with sadness, that I declare, he has not lived up to expectations
Jelly continues his regular 6 round blitze of scoring .....then after enticing unsuspecting Coaches in .....dumps on their team, laughing hysterically for the stupidity of coaches
Again, no certainty that Jelly is back this week

Chad Warner ....remember the name in your 2023 planning .....it would be nice to get a couple of "bummer" scores, to keep his price down for next year
Sadly for Heeney owners, the much vaunted midfield role, came & went, with all the hallmarks of Haley's Comet

GEEL v WESTERN BULLDOGS
If this game was anywhere, other than GBNFSR stadium .....we'd have some hope for the WB
GEEL suppress opposition Ruckmen .....so that'll take the weight of expectation off English ....and high expectations for Blicavs

Is it an understatement to suggest the return of Stewart this week, rivals the Helicopter entrance of the great Peter Hudson

Excited Awesome.gif

As of writing, Stewart is still podish .....but expect a surge following team announcements
That said, he should still be around the 20% ownership

1658977753341.png

Bontempelli has been God-Like in recent weeks .....but what has happened to Macrae
Incitefully Beveridge when question this week on why Macraes form was down, provided an accurate assessment ......"he's not getting enough ball" .....WOW I could have worked that out

ADEL v CARL
Nearly cancelled due to lack of interest ......I'm still having insane thoughts of bringing the league's biggest tackler, Sam Berry in ???

Surely Doc can score against this ADEL side .....surely Cripps can back last week up ? ....well Berry might be decisive in quelling Cripps ...an annoying little terrier nipping at his heel all day

And of course Laird ....I won't make the same mistake as last week .....the (VC) goes straight on ....ADEL oval a big factor

GOLD COAST v WCE
Touk Touk v WCE at Metricon ......put the (C) on ....could be ugly

RICH v BRIS
Rich out ...Kiddy Coleman back .....MCG a factor, given BRIS's record
Logic would suggest Neale a viable (C) option .....I just trust him anymore

Some whispers Short maybe shifted back in DEF ......not confirmed with reliable sources though

The other "dramatic and desperate" trade option is the $361K Zorko .....McCartin to Zorko, with change ....are you desperate enough 🤔

I am desperate ....the only question, am I crazy ?

ESS v NORTH
Hall ....the name is whispered quietly in trade circles .....could he be the difference to a league win ?
Still possible that he plays ....and if I'm correct ....playing for a 2023 Contract 🤔

The other viable (C) option, has to be Zerrett ....a revelation in recent weeks ....who knew ?

Have a great round everyone .....if you want to see the BigFooty Division Finals Match-ups .....they're all here:

Great write up as always, but I don't think you have much to worry about in our Tragics1 Quali.

Last weekend I was thinking all was well. I'd be getting back Stewart and Hewett which would make all 23 of my "premos" available.

Then Treloar was subbed out with a sore calf and may not play.
Then Gresham was subbed out with a knee and almost certainly won't play.
Then it was announced Hewett would be out for at least another week.

That leaves 20 "Premos" and only Burgoyne and Wehr to cover for the missing ones (based on my bench players who played last week). Maybe add MRj who came on as medi-sub last week.

Problem is neither Burgoyne or Wehr can get to the forward line where one will be needed, so I can only loop them at D6. Having 8 mid-only premos is really making things difficult. If I had a Mid/Fwd in the mids I could swap him with Gresham and Burgoyne could come on in the mids.

Unless there is a surprise inclusion from my bench in team selections I'm going to need at least one of Treloar, Gresham or maybe MRj to play to avoid a donut.

At least I don't need to worry about BF Div7 any more. Finished with the 3rd highest total in the league, but only in 13th place. A win last week would have seen me make the finals, but the late inclusion of Hall cost me the match and a finals spot.

Last edited:
GREATER Western Sydney will be boosted by the return of All-Australian Lachie Whitfield for Saturday’s Sydney Derby at the SCG.

The 28-year-old has missed the past two matches against Carlton and Brisbane due to a hip flexor injury.

But after passing a fitness test at training today, it is understood that Whitfield has been given the green light to return this weekend.

happy celebrate1.gif

GREATER Western Sydney will be boosted by the return of All-Australian Lachie Whitfield for Saturday’s Sydney Derby at the SCG.

The 28-year-old has missed the past two matches against Carlton and Brisbane due to a hip flexor injury.

But after passing a fitness test at training today, it is understood that Whitfield has been given the green light to return this weekend.

View attachment 1458689
First time I'm seeing that he's 28. He could still get a kids meal at most places I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1458689
Anything on Jelly 😀

View attachment 1458554

This phrase I'm sure, each Coach has muttered to himself, between shots, all week ......Hewett, a week by week assessment on his back, provides no clarity on his return ......Darcy Cameron threatening to self-destruct upon Grundy's return .....Short being Short, Crisp burning his owners regularly ......yet some of us astute & knowledgeable coach's, owners of Lachie Whitfield, can sleep easy at night, comfortable in the knowledge, we know exactly what is before us 😭

Our Trades are low, where we used to trade with bravado & abandon .....now each trade is agonised over, debated, analysed repeatedly

Many coaches have travelled a smooth journey this year ....boosts, plenty of mid-pricers hitting the mark .....now potentially a bump in the road could derail a seasons effort ..... fearful of what the consequences could be, for a wrong decision at this critical juncture

View attachment 1458560

Jai Culley should or will be a popular trade-in this week .....or will you be sideways trading ? .....both these options have ruined my sleep patterns this week .....so much will depend on team selections

FREO v MELB
To be played at the home of footy and Grand Finals, Optus Oval ......we see a fearful set of matchups ...Brayshaw v Piggy Oliver ....Gawn v Darcy ......can see both clubs allowing Brayshaw & Oliver to do their thing .....I need both to have big games, but I've learned my lesson about putting the (VC) on Thurs / Frid games .....nope
I also see Gawn as the MELB captain leading the Ruck for most of the night .....particularly if Jackson is off to FREO at years end

COLL v PORT
Will Teakle be named .....if so, could provide valuable coverage for RUCKS and FWDS
Will Grundy be named ....if Cox is out with illness ....and if Grundy is named, does that expedite our desire to trade Cameron
We can only hope Cox plays, but in a weakened state, is confined to a wheelchair in the FP .....with Cameron running amok
Does Port tag Daicos ? .....or is season over for Port, allowing COLL players to do what they do ....Crisp owners will be praying

SYD v GWS
That demi-god Himmelberg has proved to be the selection of the year ......all hail the new SC God

View attachment 1458574
Now I'd also like to convey these thoughts on Whitfield .....but it is with a regret tinged with sadness, that I declare, he has not lived up to expectations
Jelly continues his regular 6 round blitze of scoring .....then after enticing unsuspecting Coaches in .....dumps on their team, laughing hysterically for the stupidity of coaches
Again, no certainty that Jelly is back this week

Chad Warner ....remember the name in your 2023 planning .....it would be nice to get a couple of "bummer" scores, to keep his price down for next year
Sadly for Heeney owners, the much vaunted midfield role, came & went, with all the hallmarks of Haley's Comet

GEEL v WESTERN BULLDOGS
If this game was anywhere, other than GBNFSR stadium .....we'd have some hope for the WB
GEEL suppress opposition Ruckmen .....so that'll take the weight of expectation off English ....and high expectations for Blicavs

Is it an understatement to suggest the return of Stewart this week, rivals the Helicopter entrance of the great Peter Hudson

View attachment 1458583

As of writing, Stewart is still podish .....but expect a surge following team announcements
That said, he should still be around the 20% ownership

View attachment 1458588

Bontempelli has been God-Like in recent weeks .....but what has happened to Macrae
Incitefully Beveridge when question this week on why Macraes form was down, provided an accurate assessment ......"he's not getting enough ball" .....WOW I could have worked that out

ADEL v CARL
Nearly cancelled due to lack of interest ......I'm still having insane thoughts of bringing the league's biggest tackler, Sam Berry in ???

Surely Doc can score against this ADEL side .....surely Cripps can back last week up ? ....well Berry might be decisive in quelling Cripps ...an annoying little terrier nipping at his heel all day

And of course Laird ....I won't make the same mistake as last week .....the (VC) goes straight on ....ADEL oval a big factor

GOLD COAST v WCE
Touk Touk v WCE at Metricon ......put the (C) on ....could be ugly

RICH v BRIS
Rich out ...Kiddy Coleman back .....MCG a factor, given BRIS's record
Logic would suggest Neale a viable (C) option .....I just trust him anymore

Some whispers Short maybe shifted back in DEF ......not confirmed with reliable sources though

The other "dramatic and desperate" trade option is the $361K Zorko .....McCartin to Zorko, with change ....are you desperate enough 🤔

I am desperate ....the only question, am I crazy ?

ESS v NORTH
Hall ....the name is whispered quietly in trade circles .....could he be the difference to a league win ?
Still possible that he plays ....and if I'm correct ....playing for a 2023 Contract 🤔

The other viable (C) option, has to be Zerrett ....a revelation in recent weeks ....who knew ?

Have a great round everyone .....if you want to see the BigFooty Division Finals Match-ups .....they're all here:

Great write up WaynesWorld19

A few surprised injuries or non-selections will make things very interesting as there's a very thin bench for most teams.
Bring on the Carnage at the selection table to make the Finals Week 1 even more interesting :devil:

This Is Fine GIF

Great write up as always, but I don't think you have much to worry about in our Tragics1 Quali.

Last weekend I was thinking all was well. I'd be getting back Stewart and Hewett which would make all 23 of my "premos" available.

Then Treloar was subbed out with a sore calf and may not play.
Then Gresham was subbed out with a knee and almost certainly won't play.
Then it was announced Hewett would be out for at least another week.

That leaves 20 "Premos" and only Burgoyne and Wehr to cover for the missing ones (based on my bench players who played last week). Maybe add MRj who came on as medi-sub last week.

Problem is neither Burgoyne or Wehr can get to the forward line where one will be needed, so I can only loop them at D6. Having 8 mid-only premos is really making things difficult. If I had a Mid/Fwd in the mids I could swap him with Gresham and Burgoyne could come on in the mids.

Unless there is a surprise inclusion from my bench in team selections I'm going to need at least one of Treloar, Gresham or maybe MRj to play to avoid a donut.

At least I don't need to worry about BF Div7 any more. Finished with the 3rd highest total in the league, but only in 13th place. A win last week would have seen me make the finals, but the late inclusion of Hall cost me the match and a finals spot.
SEN just said Treloar will be picked tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back