2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Actually, upon reflection, Essendon got a lot through free agency and trades. Just a different way to get the “top” talent than being continuously at the bottom like us.

They’re just mid year after year instead.

We’ve been bottom 10 most years and lost both our captains (for top 10 picks) in one year too, so our numbers are reflective of that. Sam Day is also one of those top 10 picks, btw, so does it mean that much?

Essendon with so many is interesting too.
4 of the top 5 and 7 of the top 10 on that list did not compete in the finals last year. Just goes to show that there's much more to being a successful footy club than just simply accumulating top 10 picks. High end picks doesn't guarantee anything and you'd like to think the AFL wouldn't make the same mistake with Tasmania that they made with us.

4 of the top 5 and 7 of the top 10 on that list did not compete in the finals last year. Just goes to show that there's much more to being a successful footy club than just simply accumulating top 10 picks. High end picks doesn't guarantee anything and you'd like to think the AFL wouldn't make the same mistake with Tasmania that they made with us.
Maybe.

In my opinion, the best chance of getting players to Tasmania is kids. Maybe family players too, who want a quiet life with an acreage or something.

Lovely place to visit (in summer). And certain people love it there. But AFL players? Maybe, maybe not.

Did they have a premiership coach?
Thats where we going straight to the top this year 🤘🏼

This has Jack Martin listed as eligible due to being a previously delisted player???? Did Carlton delist him at some stage, I know we didn’t
Martin de-listed himself to be eligible for draft (after he refused Suns offer and Suns did not de-list him).
Martin delisted himself from Gold Coast on Monday, nominating terms for a new home in the upcoming NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Few articles around suggesting King will re-sign. Wonder if it's done and they are waiting for the right time to announce it.
Kings's interview with 3AW was very convincing, worth listening. Just matter of time. Also high praise for Jed Walter.

Kings's interview with 3AW was very convincing, worth listening. Just matter of time. Also high praise for Jed Walter.

My hopes will stay down till it’s announced

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sounds like he was rehabbing when at freo's training. So its prob make or break with us.

Would be good wing depth, in the atkins mould

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back